• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

25 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

72. Victor Oladipo

103015_dipo.jpg

73. Aaron Gordon

img25483524.jpg

Considered my alternatives, but decided to go young with my picks.

@pimp is on the clock.

Nice rebound on getting started so late in the draft. If they get close to their upside this season, they could both be going in the first 50 picks next year.

• Like 1

With the next pick in the draft, the Atl Air Force selects 
Gorgui Dieng
dieng.jpg?w=225&h=324  51.1 fg% -  10ppg - 7.9rpg - 1.2 bpg - 1.1 spg

He's a good interior defender, and shot blocker. He's also has a very good mid range jumper.
We needed a glue guy. Someone that's willing to do all the dirty work. We believe that we have found our guy.

pm sent to buzzard

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

My next pick is Definitely with a emphasis on D, but if you read the advanced stats he is pretty much just average. Ranking 44th according to Synergy and his defensive win shares are pretty average as well at 2.0. But if you talk to some pretty good offensive guards such as Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, and Devin Booker, he is one of the the best, if not the best, on ball defenders in the league.

Avery Bradley does not let his man rest; while usually taking on the opponents best offensive player. They may get theirs; but they will know they had to earn their keep when they wake up the next morning. With the 74th pick in the Dynasty Draft, the Flocking Buuzzards select Avery Bradley!

celtics_avery_bradley_112715.jpg

@lethalweapon3 is up!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My next pick is Definitely with a emphasis on D, but if you read the advanced stats he is pretty much just average. Ranking 44th according to Synergy and his defensive win shares are pretty average as well at 2.0. But if you talk to some pretty good offensive guards such as Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, and Devin Booker, he is one of the the best, if not the best, on ball defenders in the league.

Avery Bradley does not let his man rest; while usually taking on the opponents best offensive player. They may get theirs; but they will know they had to earn their keep when they wake up the next morning. With the 74th pick in the Dynasty Draft, the Flocking Buuzzards select Avery Bradley!

celtics_avery_bradley_112715.jpg

@lethalweapon3 is up!

finally! now i don't have to call him "undrafted sg" anymore :)

• Like 1

Just now, pimp said:

finally! now i don't have to call him "undrafted sg" anymore :)

He will fit in on my team pretty well. I have five 3pt shooters in my starting lineup and the only time all five will rest is during mop up time. Avery can come in and do what he does. Harass the heck out what ever best guard happens to be out on the floor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

He will fit in on my team pretty well. I have five 3pt shooters in my starting lineup and the only time all five will rest is during mop up time. Avery can come in and do what he does. Harass the heck out what ever best guard happens to be out on the floor.

The Celtics are gonna miss his perimeter defense. When you look at the top teams in they have good guard combos,
Wall/Beal , Lowery/Derozen, and Kyrie/Korver/Rose

Just now, pimp said:

The Celtics are gonna miss his perimeter defense. When you look at the top teams in they have good guard combos,
Wall/Beal , Lowery/Derozen, and Kyrie/Korver/Rose

They will and I think the Pistons fans with their Bad Boys history are going to be thrilled. He has to stay healthy though. Until last season he had a good two year run going. If he gets back on track health wise, he will be a big upgrade over anyone they had the last few years.

• Like 1

• Admin

I like the Bradley and Oladipo pickups ... Bradley is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and he is a solid 3 point shooter ... I think there was too much pressure on Oladipo last season ... expectations were too high especially after Durant left ... I think in Indy he could settle down and play in an environment that he can make mistakes as they are not expected to win ... he might even become a star there.  

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, pimp said:

With the next pick in the draft, the Atl Air Force selects 
Gorgui Dieng
dieng.jpg?w=225&h=324  51.1 fg% -  10ppg - 7.9rpg - 1.2 bpg - 1.1 spg

He's a good interior defender, and shot blocker. He's also has a very good mid range jumper.
We needed a glue guy. Someone that's willing to do all the dirty work. We believe that we have found our guy.

pm sent to buzzard

A really nice pickup ... I think he plays behind Gibson this year but he does a lot of solid things ... 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm gonna get a starring role on Annie if I keep talkin' 'bout tomorrow. But I'll be really, most sincerely caught up by the time casual Friday rolls around.

With the Whateverth pick in the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty League Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

maxresdefault.jpg

No, no, not you, too, with the pigskin, Gary Harris (Shooting Guard, 6'4", svelte, very card-able at bars, probably runs a 4-something 40)! Listen to your new teammate, Steph Curry. Basketball! That's the place you wanna be!

Quiz: what player duo formed the most offensively-efficient two-man lineup in the league (min. 50 games played together) outside of Oakland last season?

Kyrie and LeBron (117.5 O-Rating) would be a good guess. Blake and CP3 come pretty close (116.7). But would anyone have guessed… Nikola Jokic and his newest L-Flex teammate, Gary Harris (117.9 O-Rating)?

Even when including all the former Dubs in the mix, Harris and Jokic finished just ahead of L-Flexers Steph Curry and Draymond Green (117.6 O-Rating) as the league’s ninth most offensively efficient pairing. Of the seven duos above them, four included Curry, and two included Green. What’s more: of the top 13 offensive pairs, Harris and Jokic’s team had the highest on-floor rebounding percentages, both offensive (27.3 O-Reb%) and defensive (79.4 D-Reb%).

As a high-post passer, Jokic was at his dime-dropping best last season finding Harris barreling toward the hoop on back door cuts. Now, one of the most surefire collaborations in the game can continue this season in Lethalopolis.

When you need a clutch basket as the shot clock is winding down, the obvious choice is Curry. But watch out for Harris as well. According to data compiled by SB Nation’s Denver Stiffs, Gary made 12-of-22 baskets on shots coming with less than four seconds remaining on the 24-second clock. Those 1.48 points-per-possession (min. 25 possessions in that situation) led the league.

Harris was one of just two players in the league shooting 40 percent or better on threes (min. three 3FGAs per game) plus 50 percent from the floor overall. Tack on an assist-turnover ratio comfortably above 2.0, and you have the potential for an offensive powder keg.

Now on the downside of such great offensive production, the combo of Jokic and Harris was the third-worst pair in terms of defensive efficiency (113.3 D-Rating), the worst outside of Lakerland.

Individually, Harris had the worst D-Rating (114.0) was the worst among 213 players with at least 50 games and 20 minutes per game under their belts in 2016-17. Despite 1.2 steals per game, Gary constantly found himself gobbled up on screens and allowing various and sundry opponents to zip by him from the perimeter. When opponents missed, Harris and Jokic were there for the boards. But that obviously didn't happen often enough.

That won’t fly with Harris’ fellow collegiate alum. Draymond will ensure that Harris puts in the work to improve his decision-making skills and enhance the L-Flex team defense such that Green is not left out there on an island.

Fortunately, putting in the work has never been a problem with Harris (tied for 8th among guards in 2016-17 Most Improved Player voting, with a pair of 3rd-place votes; Jokic finished second overall), whose improvement last season was attributed to his offseason workouts. If he maintains his jumpshooting mechanics and makes measurable improvements on the other end, it will be hard to keep Harris off the floor.

I believe it's Braun Stro... I mean, @LucastheThird with the next pick!

THE LETHAL FLEXIBILITY

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Lonzo Anderson Ball

SG: James Khristian Middleton, Gary Harris

SF: Benjamin Simmons

PF: Draymond Jamal Green, Dario Saric

C: Nikola Jokic, Nikola Vucevic

~lw3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm gonna get a starring role on Annie if I keep talkin' 'bout tomorrow. But I'll be really, most sincerely caught up by the time casual Friday rolls around.

With the Whateverth pick in the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty League Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

maxresdefault.jpg

No, no, not you, too, with the pigskin, Gary Harris (Shooting Guard, 6'4", svelte, very card-able at bars, probably runs a 4-something 40)! Listen to your new teammate, Steph Curry. Basketball! That's the place you wanna be!

More on this sporty Spartan in this space down the road.

I believe it's Braun Stro... I mean, @LucastheThird with the next pick!

~lw3

Harris, Gordon, and Bradley were the three I had on my next pick list. I was not sure which I would take but all three would work out for my team. Good pick this late!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I like the Bradley and Oladipo pickups ... Bradley is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and he is a solid 3 point shooter ... I think there was too much pressure on Oladipo last season ... expectations were too high especially after Durant left ... I think in Indy he could settle down and play in an environment that he can make mistakes as they are not expected to win ... he might even become a star there.  

I really wanted Gordon; but Oladipo was on my radar. Bradley and Harris were the two SGs I like a little more than Oladipo. I came very close to taking Harris, but at the last minute took a flyer on Bradley and his injury history.

I think all four of them could have career years; but Bradley has got to stay healthy!

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I really wanted Gordon; but Oladipo was on my radar. Bradley and Harris were the two SGs I like a little more than Oladipo. I came very close to taking Harris, but at the last minute took a flyer on Bradley and his injury history.

I think all four of them could have career years; but Bradley has got to stay healthy!

I don't get the hype about Gordon actually ... he is fun dunker but other then that ... what does he really do well?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don't get the hype about Gordon actually ... he is fun dunker but other then that ... what does he really do well?

Aren't we talking Eric Gordon here rather than Aaron?