• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are frankly a little shocked to see this young man make his way back to us in the 8th round as we like him more than some other bigs who have gone recently.  The best export from the Swiss since the Miss, this young man has improved rapidly over his 3 NBA seasons and in his age 22 season last year he put up a fantastic line of 21.4 PER, .184 WS/48, 5.9 WS to go with his dynamic 19 pp36 on .638% TS%.  On the boards he was even higher impact with a nice 12.2 rp36 to go with his 1.8 bp36.  As a developing reserve on our squad, we think he will bolster rebounding while bringing a strong body and tough board work to the post.  And we love his developing offensive game which has seen his per 36 scoring rise each season from 12.8 as a rookie to 19.0 last season.

On D?  We love what we see.  He was a top 6 rim protector last season (45.3 percent field-goal percentage allowed at the rim) and was mobile enough to be in the 91st percentile among all defenders in the pick and roll which tends to be a problem for some big men.

With our 8th pick, the U-Niques select:

Clint Capela

capitals-fire72.jpg

PG:  Chris Paul / Markelle Fultz

SG:  James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

PF:  Blake Griffin / Myles Turner 

C:  Joel Embiid / Clint Capela

@capstone21 is back on the clock!

(Four picks in less than an hour - @HopefulHawksFan bringing it. what, what!)

First Turner , now Capela? You are seriously selfish. :cry:
Every time the draft goes by you and Cap, I have to find a new target. smh

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pimp said:

First Turner , now Capela? You are seriously selfish. :cry:
Every time the draft goes by you and Cap, I have to find a new target. smh

Just make sure your needs are not the same :aikido:

• Admin

Capstone's Crew selects:

Marquese Chriss 6'10 PF/C 233lbs 20yrs old

12-marquese-chriss-slam-dunk.jpg?itok=HB

This kid will be the most improved player in the league this year ... bank it.  

He is the real deal and shown more then just flashes ... 

We get a pogo stick who not only will dunk on you but will also hit the three in your face ... The big thing about him is his position d ... he has shown some real promise on the defensive end and he put on a block clinic the last few months of his rookie season.

Getting the opportunity to be mentored by Davis, Gobert and the Greek Freak is only a plus and watch him grow this year.  

@Diesel you are up

• Like 4

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Capstone's Crew selects:

Marquese Chriss 6'10 PF/C 233lbs 20yrs old

12-marquese-chriss-slam-dunk.jpg?itok=HB

This kid will be the most improved player in the league this year ... bank it.  

He is the real deal and shown more then just flashes ... 

We get a pogo stick who not only will dunk on you but will also hit the three in your face ... The big thing about him is his position d ... he has shown some real promise on the defensive end and he put on a block clinic the last few months of his rookie season.

Getting the opportunity to be mentored by Davis, Gobert and the Greek Freak is only a plus and watch him grow this year.  

@Diesel you are up

I Like the pick. I took this kid in last years draft. Strong offensive rebounder as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the next pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select:  LONZO BALL. 

Image result for Lonzo ball

Many people have gotten caught up in his Father.  However, this guy has it.   He's 6'6", he's a playmaker, and the Lakers have bet their future on him.   Can you say... Magic 2?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Many people have gotten caught up in his Father.  However, this guy has it.   He's 6'6", he's a playmaker, and the Lakers have bet their future on him.   Can you say... Magic 2?

He was taken by LW3 a couple rounds ago

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@lethalweapon3 already took Ball with the 51st pick...

• Moderators

With Jeffrey DeMarco Teague off the board, that makes Minnesota the 3rd NBA team with 4 Summer Dynasty League draftees thus far. The other two... Golden State, and Philadelphia.

Without calling them out, there remain three NBA franchises without a SDL draft selection yet. I'm expecting at least one team to get a pickee pretty soon.

~lw3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With Jeffrey DeMarco Teague off the board, that makes Minnesota the 3rd NBA team with 4 Summer Dynasty League draftees thus far. The other two... Golden State, and Philadelphia.

Without calling them out, there remain three NBA franchises without a SDL draft selection yet. I'm expecting at least one team to get a pickee pretty soon.

~lw3

@lethalweapon3 You spent your whole day here and you bounce when it is your turn. Come on man we were moving a such a great pace.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 8/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, Buzzard said:

@lethalweapon3 You spent your whole day here and you bounce when it is your turn. Come on man we were moving a such a great pace.

True, true! Technical difficulties and whatnot...

ajm5gz_medium_medium.jpg

Anyhow. I'm gonna scratch this itch again. One good Nik 'Ic (Nikola Jokic) deserves another, so we'll go with Nikola Vucevic (Center, 7’0”, 260 lbs., Age 26 as of 10/1/2017).

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: a seven-foot-tall pivot player in the Southeast Division, spending his offseason toiling away at improving his three-point shot. Unlike some other cases, though, this is being encouraged in Lethalopolis.

“I took a big step this (past) season shooting it,” said Vucevic, who took one three-point attempt per game and made 30.7 percent of them, when asked his offseason plans. “It’s definitely something I want to add to my game. I think it’s going to help myself a lot as well as the team.”

Nikola was asked to move more explicitly outside of the paint last season. As a result of his new roles as a perimeter shooting option and a high-post passer, plus his accommodating some questionable newcomers as teammates while often coming off the bench, Vooch’s offensive efficiency cratered.

He had the lowest field-goal percentage, inside the arc (48.1 2FG%), since his rookie season. His fairly-decent free throw shooting in recent years also took a dip (66.9 FT%).

Despite those offensive setbacks, he contributed as a center where it mattered most. Vucevic finished 5th in the league last season with a career-best 31.3 D-Reb%, highest among as-yet-undrafted players.

Vooch and the other Nikola, Jokic, each finished the season ranked among the Top 10 in rebounding percentage, a marked improvement for Vucevic even though he manned the paint more intensively in prior seasons. Despite starting only 55 games, his 38 double-doubles, one behind Jokic’s, were the most among SDL non-draftees.

Vucevic fell just one swat short of joining L-Flex teammate Draymond Green as one of only 11 players who averaged one steal and one block per game. His persistent defensive activity on a team that was in flux for much of the season was commendable, and makes him a suitable backup for his fellow Nikola.

The Swiss-born, Belgian and Montenegrin-raised Vucevic adds to the stable of current (Steph Curry, Green, Lonzo Ball) or former California residents on the L-Flex roster, although he will be able to keep up a healthy USC-UCLA rivalry with Ball. Much like Dario Saric, his parents also have made a living playing hoops, both professionally and for what was Yugoslavia’s national teams. For these reasons, he should be an ideal fit inside the L-Flex locker room for years to come.

Let's keep this thing rolling before @Buzzard goes the way of the DoDo!

~lw3

• Like 2

The Flocking Buzzards select Harrison Barnes. This guy pretty much does everything slightly above average but what I really like about him is his versatility. I did not know this until doing some research but he has played 55% of his time at SF and 44% at PF ( 1% at Center ). Last season he played 60% at PF. You have to love the guys willingness to do what his team needs him to do. He also brings substantial playoff experience and is just 25 years old.

Please Welcome to the Flock, Harrison Barnes!

harrison-barnes.jpg

@pimp is up next!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

The Flocking Buzzards select Harrison Barnes. This guy pretty much does everything slightly above average but what I really like about him is his versatility. I did not know this until doing some research but he has played 55% of his time at SF and 44% at PF ( 1% at Center ). Last season he played 60% at PF. You have to love the guys willingness to do what his team needs him to do. He also brings substantial playoff experience and is just 25 years old.

Please Welcome to the Flock, Harrison Barnes!

harrison-barnes.jpg

@pimp is up next!

I like Barnes ... like you said he is pretty good at everything

• Like 1

With the next pick of the draft, the Atl Air Force selects
Jusuf Nurkic
p1_9_4111.png
I like what i saw from after he was traded to the Blazers. He put up very solid numbers in the 20 games he had in Portland. Getting out from under Jokic's shadow was all he needed.
Portland nimbers
29.2 mpg
15.2 ppg
10.4 rpg
3.2 apg
1.9 bpg
1.3 spg 
50.8 fg%
He will get the chance to compete with Noel for the starting center job. 

pm sent!

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

• Admin

Jusuf Nurkic

p1_9_4111.png&key=46d4a8961b3b5ac6706d8df6708d74e9251ba72bcff31dfbf79c25ed093ae6fe

I like what i saw from after he was traded to the Blazers. He put up very solid numbers in the 20 games he had in Portland. Getting out from under Jokic's shadow was all he needed.

Portland nimbers

29.2 mpg

15.2 ppg

10.4 rpg

3.2 apg

1.9 bpg

1.3 spg 

50.8 fg%

pm sent!

Crap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pimp said:

Jusuf Nurkic
p1_9_4111.png
Portland nimbers
29.2 mpg
15.2 ppg
10.4 rpg
3.2 apg
1.9 bpg
1.3 spg 
50.8 fg%

pm sent!

Jusuf is definitely a big time sleeper this year. If I had not already taken KAT and Whiteside he would have been on my short list as well.

Edited by Buzzard