• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I like Kemba a lot ... an excellent shooter and can score with the best of them ... having quality defenders in Klay and Haywood can help him on the perimeter.  

When he first came in the league I considered him a chucker; but he has gotten a lot better. I think of him now like a Kyrie light. Who knows, one more year of improvement he might be thought of as being almost an equal.

Edited by Buzzard

with the next pick of the draft, the ATL Air Force select .... the guy that will be the most explosive 6th man in the NBA!

Isaiah Thomas
Isaiah-Thomas-psd104095.png2 time all-star   - All NBA 2nd team
bandicam_2017_08_06_18_11_57_130.jpg

Isaiah Thomas finished third in the league in scoring (28.9 ppg), and also got buckets when it mattered most. He led all NBA players in total points scored (684) in the fourth quarter, just ahead of Russell Westbrook. Thomas also set a franchise record last season by scoring 20 or more points in 43 consecutive contests.
Let's be honest , if this wasn't a Hawks board, this guy would have gone a lot higher 
:biggrin:

• Like 3

• Admin
3 minutes ago, pimp said:

with the next pick of the draft, the ATL Air Force select .... the guy that will be the most explosive 6th man in the NBA!

Isaiah Thomas
Isaiah-Thomas-psd104095.png2 time all-star   - All NBA 2nd team
bandicam_2017_08_06_18_11_57_130.jpg

Isaiah Thomas finished third in the league in scoring (28.9 ppg), and also got buckets when it mattered most. He led all NBA players in total points scored (684) in the fourth quarter, just ahead of Russell Westbrook. Thomas also set a franchise record last season by scoring 20 or more points in 43 consecutive contests.
Let's be honest , if this wasn't a Hawks board, this guy would have gone a lot higher 
:biggrin:

I like that you called him a 6th man as that is the role he really should be in ...

• Like 1

I like the Thomas and DeAndre picks. I had Thomas ranked higher than Kemba; but already had three guys averaging 20 a game so figured Kemba's size would make my starting unit better off. Isaiah can flat out score; no doubt about it.

Doubt I get my pick in tonight but we did make a little progress. Weekends seem to be the slowest.

With the next pick in the draft , the Atl Air Force selects ,,
                 C.J McCollum
CJ521.png
473921_4118148555377.jpg

C.J is an amazing shooter.
 fg 48% - 3pt 42% - ft 91% 

42% shooting on 439 3-point attempts is outstanding.
He can play both guard positions , and he eliminates the need for a 3rd pg on my team.
CJ's numbers have improved across the board , every season that he has been in the league, and we can't wait to see if he improves even more next season.

pm sent!

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

With the 39th pick in the NBA Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Hassan Whiteside. Our brain trust has watched this guy slip in the draft as long as we can stand. From every imaginable defensive metric, Hassan is a top 20 player; and getting him at the start of the fifth round is a bargain we can no longer continue to pass up.

Welcome to the Flock Hassan Whiteside!

@lethalweapon3 is up!

hassan-whiteside.jpg

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Diesel said:

wow...  after yesterday, its hard to believe i was left behind..  anyway..  with the next pick, the atlanta ganstaslappas select:

DeAndre Jordan.

Image result for deandre jordan

need defense and rebounds.  

2 Straight years of 12.7 ppg, 13.8 rpg.  He also averaged 1.7 bpg this past year.   Added to Zingas... and George, we have a lock down frontline. 

YOU SON OF A......

• Moderators

With the 40th pick in the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

1466307623546.jpg

Lil' Aussies like Ben Simmons (Power Forward / Point Guard / Whatever He Wants, 6’10”, 240 lbs., Age 21 as of 10/1/2017) know it’s a national obligation: all kids must do their hair in the form of a Bloomin’ Onion before they hit 18.

The last we saw of this blue-chip Rookie of the Year candidate on a competitive basketball floor, it was in the 2016 Summer League, where the promise of his versatility shined. Simmons ranked third among the Utah league’s summer ballers in rebounds per game, and added a league-leading 5.5 assists per game, uncommon for a 6-foot-10 prodigy.

A Jones fracture in his foot delayed his Summer Dynasty League debut. But Simmons now gets to pair up in the frontcourt with two excellent rebounders and passers, in Draymond Green and Nikola Jokic.

Throughout his rookie season, he’ll have ample time to work on his wayward jumpshot. In the interim, his unique floor vision and big-man handles should allow the L-Flex to play more uptempo in transition, particularly allowing Steph Curry, among the league’s most dangerous catch-and-shoot gunners, to occasionally play off the ball.

Let’s keep this thing moving with that Son of a Gun, @LucastheThird!

THE LETHAL FLEXIBILITY

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG: James Khristian Middleton

SF: Benjamin Simmons

PF: Draymond Jamal Green

C: Nikola Jokic

~lw3

• Like 2

Let's keep this rolling, my next selection: 

AL HORFORD 

hawks_al_horford_020916.jpg

Still one of the best big men in the league, even if he doesn't like to rebound AT ALL. Plus, LeBron won't stand for that and will make Al do his job. No need for him to worry about being a main scorer on offense with Wall being a PnR master.

@Diesel is up next

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Let's keep this rolling, my next selection: 

AL HORFORD 

hawks_al_horford_020916.jpg

Still one of the best big men in the league, even if he doesn't like to rebound AT ALL. Plus, LeBron won't stand for that and will make Al do his job. No need for him to worry about being a main scorer on offense with Wall being a PnR master.

@Diesel is up next

Big Al is a nice pickup. I am trying to keep my whole team under 30. I have never tried it in any drafts before; just something different to do :laugh: 

• Premium Member

With the next pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select: Lou Williams. 

Image result for lou williams

He is the certified Gunner in LAC.  He should get a lot of Looks and continue his focused offense. 

• Like 2