• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Let's keep this rolling, my next selection: 

AL HORFORD 

hawks_al_horford_020916.jpg

Still one of the best big men in the league, even if he doesn't like to rebound AT ALL. Plus, LeBron won't stand for that and will make Al do his job. No need for him to worry about being a main scorer on offense with Wall being a PnR master.

@Diesel is up next

With Sap and Horford as your PF/C combination , i would try to avoid Buzzard's team if you want to get any rebounds. :laugh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

LeBron, Beal, and Wall are all good rebounders for their positions. We will do it as a team! 

Yes , they would rebound well as a team, but none of them are boxing out Whiteside and Towns. That's a tough combination for anyone to deal with.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

My frontline rebound averages: 12.8 / 11.8 / 8.8

Boo...seeing capstone posting in this thread means disappointment when the pick is still waiting.  Makes me keep waiting before I can announce my pick of Miles PluXXXX...ah I mean Player X.

• Like 3

• Admin
6 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Let's keep this rolling, my next selection: 

AL HORFORD 

hawks_al_horford_020916.jpg

Still one of the best big men in the league, even if he doesn't like to rebound AT ALL. Plus, LeBron won't stand for that and will make Al do his job. No need for him to worry about being a main scorer on offense with Wall being a PnR master.

@Diesel is up next

I think is is an excellent pick ... he isn't a great rebounder but he isn't horrible either ... great team player, high bbiq, excellent mid range game, great help defender and an excellent and willing passer from the center position.  He was going to be one of my next picks.  I think he could fit in with any team

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I think he could fit in with any team

Agreed.  High floor, consistent and versatile (in the respect of being able to work into virtually any style of play).

• Like 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

With the next pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select: Lou Williams. 

Image result for lou williams

He is the certified Gunner in LAC.  He should get a lot of Looks and continue his focused offense. 

Pretty surprised by this pick.  He would have been available a lot later in the draft.  He def can put some points up quick

52 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I think is is an excellent pick ... he isn't a great rebounder but he isn't horrible either ... great team player, high bbiq, excellent mid range game, great help defender and an excellent and willing passer from the center position.  He was going to be one of my next picks.  I think he could fit in with any team

That's what I looked for in my Center position once some of my other top choices were taken. Someone who could be plugged in and see no drop on either side of the floor. He's not a great rebounder but he does a lot well to be a center.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Agreed.  High floor, consistent and versatile (in the respect of being able to work into virtually any style of play).

Agree with all three of you. Horford does what his coaches ask and does a great job of it. I think Boston actually has a chance at beating the Cavs now. Maybe 2 to 1 against, but that is much better than what I would have gave them last season.

• Admin

Sry for the wait ... I gave up waiting for a response 

with the next pick ... Capstone's Crew selects

Kyle Lowry 6'0 PG

22.4ppg 4.8rpg 7apg 3.2 3pg .412 3fg%

9D8155C0-2E8E-4761-90BF-4CF1D6A7BD93-475-000000396AC56547.jpeg

Extremely excited to get this bulldog ... pairing him with Booker, we have the floor spread with 3 point bombs from all over the court.  This definitely gives Brow and Greek Freak the room to do their thing inside.

Kyle has an extremely high bbiq and I look forward to he and Giannas Making the engine of this team run.

he is a very very underrated rebounder and has a knack for getting in there among the trees.

A quality defender, I love having him in there with our extremely defensive front line.  He will hound his man and cause some nice turnovers.  He along with the front line help make up for Booker who is working on his d game.

With all of our weapons, Kyle won't have the pressure of having to do everything like in Toronto and this should allow him to settle into his role and just play his game.

i also love the veteran experience and leadership he is going to bring to our young'uns

our starting lineup is very very scary

@AHF you are up

• Like 4