• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

14 minutes ago, pimp said:

With the next pick in the draft, the Atl Air Force selects,  Andrew Wiggins
i_c9_33_52_andrew-wiggins.png?w=190 23PPG -  4RPG - 2.3APG - 45% FG

At only 22 years old he's already one of the leagues top scorers . Wiggins has a bright future in the nba . He's a future All-Star. We think that learning from a guy like Kevin Durant will help Wiggins take his game to the next level.

He is a good pick this late. Another young potential star along with Ball off the board.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 54th and 55th pick in this here Dynasty draft, I reckon I'll take Mr. Hill and Mr. Harris.

George Hill

920x920.jpg

Tobias Harris

r187255_608x342_16-9.jpg

George Hill is older than I'd like as my backup PG, but I couldn't pass him up.  Tobias adds depth at wing and adds an all-around player.

@pimp is on the clock.

• Like 4

Tobias is a great BU for Melo to let Melo rest; and Hill is very underrated, Pops still wishes he had him. I have maybe an hour then I am going out for dinner. Hopefully @pimp gets back before then. If not I will hopefully get my pick in later tonight.

Edited by Buzzard

With the next pick in the draft, the Atl Air Force selects 
Nerlens Noel
grant_g_noel_gb1_576x324.jpg

We need shot blocking and rebounding, so we are going to take a chance on Noel , and see what he can do with starters minutes , in a winning environment.He's only 23, so he has a lot of room for improvement.
We hope his per 36 nimbers are a sign of things to come from him

per 36: 15.3ppg - 10.1 rpg -  1.7 bpg - 59.7 fg%

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I am going young with my next pick. This is a player I wanted to take when I took Kemba but felt like it was way to early. I really think this guy is going to light up the Eastern Conference this year. In only his 1st year starting he averaged 17.9 PPG, 6.3 AST. and shot .451 from the field. His two biggest weaknesses are turn overs ( 3.3 per game this season ) and he needs to hit his threes at a better clip.

In the playoffs he averaged 24.7 PPG , 7.7 AST,  shot .455 from the field while keeping his turnovers down to 1.7 per game. I am a homer for sure but I think Dennis Schröder's light is going to shine big time this year. ESPN thinks he will pick up his scoring to about 20.0 PPG. I think he has a chance with Millsap and a few other players gone to bump it up to 22.0 to 24.0 PPG.

Dennis is also an above average defender and he will only improve. This is a great insurance policy for the sometimes injury prone Kemba Walker.

With no further ado, Welcome to the Flock Mr. Dennis "The Menace" Schröder!

@lethalweapon3 is up!

dennis-schroder.jpg

What you talking about? We don't carry the ball in the NBA!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Flying blind without my Big Board on the busted computer. I'm going young again on the bench, and will scratch my itch with another 'ic.  In this case, it's Dario Saric (Power Forward / Small Forward, 6’10”, 223 lbs., Age 23 as of 10/1/2017).

Much ado has been made about Lonzo Ball’s dad, who dabbled in basketball for a time or two in his younger years. But the Croatian Sensation, Rookie of the Year runner-up Dario Saric, has not just one, but two, parents who hooped professionally.

Mama Veselinka played for a Croatian basketball powerhouse back in the 1990s, in the town where Neven Spahija got his professional coaching start. The best scorer in that town’s history on the men’s side was Dario’s pops, Predrag, who played alongside the late Drazen Petrovic in the 1980s.

In a vein similar to LaVar, it was the biting criticism and threats from Predrag which prompted Dario’s Turkish pro team to play him back in 2014. The kid rewarded that decision, being named the FIBA Europe Young Men’s Player of the Year and Euroleague Rising Star runner-up two years in a row.

Injuries to fellow rookies and would-be rookies, like Simmons, compelled Saric to be deployed at a higher-than-expected level in 2016-17. He delivered particularly in the second half of the season, becoming a starter in his final 25 games and contributing 17.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, and 3.4 APG after the All-Star Break.

Saric joined L-Flex forward Draymond Green as one of only 17 players in the league to average at least six rebounds, two assists, and a made three-pointer per game (minimum 50 games played). Of that subset of 17, he was the only player who averaged less than 30 minutes, and was among just three aged 25 or lower.

Saric (31.1 3FG%, 20.8 D-Reb%) already has rebounding and long-range shooting splits similar to his All-Star superior in Green (30.8 3FG%, 20.9 D-Reb%), and will need to improve his marksmanship to become a more reliable stretch-four option in the SDL. He must hone his on-ball defense as well to continue seeing his playing time on the uptick.

But it should be fun getting to see Ben Simmons and Dario Saric finally getting a chance to share the floor in 2017. The undersized Green has adroitly exemplified the expiration of the long-dreaded “tweener” label in this league, and the additions of L-Flex forwards Simmons and now Saric will help make the desirability of what’s called “position flex”, or “lineup versatility” these days, eminently clear.

You down with Lt3? Yeah, you know, umm, he. It's time once again for @LucastheThird!

THE LETHAL FLEXIBILITY

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Lonzo Anderson Ball

SG: James Khristian Middleton

SF: Benjamin Simmons

PF: Draymond Jamal Green, Dario Saric

C: Nikola Jokic

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the Next pick in the draft... the Atlanta Ganstaslappas select:

Julius Randle

fa0db8a53967540a9442ea5b71e22a9c_crop_ex

Per-Game Stats: 13.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.5 blocks

On Nov. 15, Julius Randle tormented the Brooklyn Nets with 17 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists. Almost two months later, he recorded his second triple-double of the season: 19 points, 14 rebounds and 11 assists against the Memphis Grizzlies. And about two more months after that, he went for 13 points, 18 boards and 10 dimes at the expense of the Dallas Mavericks.   At the age of 22, this young guy who spent one whole season injured looks to be a star that he was supposed to be coming out of college.  

• Like 3

• Admin

Capstone's Crew Selects

Jrue Holiday  6'4 PG 27yrs old

15.4ppg 3.9rpg 7.3asp 1.5 3pg 1.5spg

jrue-holiday-brain-tumor-wife-new-orlean

Adding this well rounded point guard to our bench is a coup.  

Jrue is a defensive menace on the court ... there isn't a guard he can't defend as he is one of the top perimeter defenders in the game.  His extra size for the point guard position allows him to guard the 1 or 2.  This team's defense will stop everyone.

A smart playmaker, Holiday adds more ball movement to a team of already unselfish guys.  He can come in and fill for Lowry or play with him if needed.  This team is going to be fun to watch.

If needed, he also can score and with his 1.5 threes per game we have another guy who helps spread the floor.

There are injury concerns but last year Jrue missed games to be with his sick wife ... the fact that he puts family first only makes this pick even better.  We are establishing a positive culture with our team and he exemplifies that.  

This team screams chemistry

Welcome to the team Jrue

@AHF you are up

• Like 3

• Moderators

After going back to back big men, we are ready to add a dynamic talent to our back court and what better place to start than #1?  Our next pick was the consensus top pick in the 2017 draft.  At 6'4'' and with a 6'10'' wingspan :eek:, he has the elite physical tools to be a matchup nightmare at PG.  He is an explosive leaper and doesn't shy away from physical contact.  As college basketball's best player, he put up a well rounded 23 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.2 blocks per game last season with 41.2% 3pt shooting and 47.6% from the floor overall.  With size and speed to defend both PGs and SGs, he will give us extra versatility for years to come.

Since he hasn't played in the NBA yet, here are a couple comments from the experts:

DraftExpress

[He] is a franchise lead guard, future All-Star, and a player any organization can build around. He's best utilized on the ball with shooting around him, as he's a tremendous pick and roll player (30.4% of his offense, 93rd percentile) who can score at all three levels and facilitate with creativity. He's no slouch off the ball either, as he's a capable, yet improving, spot shooter and excellent playing off of closeouts. [He] also has the size and length to defend twos, and even some threes in smaller lineups. All in all, he's a versatile, plug and play lead guard with star potential who is easy to build around or fit into a current roster. 

NBADraft.net

[He] has elite physical tools for an NBA point guard.  He has the makings of an elite go-to scorer, which is so valuable and rare at the next level ... He can be effective playing both on and off the ball as a playmaker or scorer; an outstanding pick and roll player, excellent creativity and decisiveness as a ball handler...He will be a dangerous playmaker with NBA spacing and better shooters around him ... He is dynamic in the open court and can make passes from numerous angels in transition ... He does a great job of keeping his head up and finding big men running the floor or shooters on the wings in transition ... He is also a terrific passer off the pick and roll, where he uses creative wrap around passes; will split the defenders off of ball screens and find big men in the short corners for easy conversions...His 6’10” wingspan makes him tough to shoot over; does a good job of being physical with bigger guards inside and can make things tough for big guys down low off of switches. He can cover a lot of ground, as shown by several chase down blocks this past season at Washington; also shows good instincts off the ball and has good timing on rotations from the weak side in the half court;

A very low risk, high reward player; one of the most complete college guards in the last decade.

We can't wait to watch this kid grow under the tutelage of Chris Paul, James Harden and Kawhi Leonard.  With our 7th pick, the U-Niques select:

Markelle Fultz

markelle%20fultz.jpg

PG:  Chris Paul / Markelle Fultz

SG:  James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

PF:  Blake Griffin / Myles Turner (PF/C)

C:  Joel Embiid 

@HopefulHawksFan is back on the clock for another pair of picks!

• Like 3

In keeping with @AHF's rookie theme...

With my next pick, I select…

John Collins

At 20 years old, Collins brings a great deal of youth and athleticism to this team.  He finished his sophomore season by leading the nation in PER (35.9).  He was selected All-ACC First Team, leading the conference in FG% (62.2). 

“Hawks assistant coach Charles Lee said he's ‘very excited about what John Collins can bring for us.’

‘It’s hard to get both offensive skill-set and athleticism,’ Lee said. ‘I think we got a really good one. As long as he can stay focused and stay humble, he’ll have a very bright future.’ According to Synergy Sports, Collins converted on 29-of-34 pick-and-roll opportunities at Wake Forest last season and shot 91-for-173 in post-up situations. He carried that momentum into Vegas where he put up averages of 15.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 0.8 steals in just under 23 minutes per game, earning a spot on the All-NBA Summer League First Team.” 

Welcome to the team John the Baptist!

Image result for john collins dunk summer league

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

John Collins

At 20 years old, Collins brings a great deal of youth and athleticism to this team.  He finished his sophomore season by leading the nation in PER (35.9).  He was selected All-ACC First Team, leading the conference in FG% (62.2). 

“Hawks assistant coach Charles Lee said he's ‘very excited about what John Collins can bring for us.’

‘It’s hard to get both offensive skill-set and athleticism,’ Lee said. ‘I think we got a really good one. As long as he can stay focused and stay humble, he’ll have a very bright future.’ According to Synergy Sports, Collins converted on 29-of-34 pick-and-roll opportunities at Wake Forest last season and shot 91-for-173 in post-up situations. He carried that momentum into Vegas where he put up averages of 15.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 0.8 steals in just under 23 minutes per game, earning a spot on the All-NBA Summer League First Team.” 

It is about time we got some Hawk picks rolling. It may have taken a while but there is no denying they both have a future!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

John Collins

I really thought about taking Collins with my last pick. But Parker's ability to play both forward positions won out.

• Like 2

• Moderators

We are frankly a little shocked to see this young man make his way back to us in the 8th round as we like him more than some other bigs who have gone recently.  The best export from the Swiss since the Miss, this young man has improved rapidly over his 3 NBA seasons and in his age 22 season last year he put up a fantastic line of 21.4 PER, .184 WS/48, 5.9 WS to go with his dynamic 19 pp36 on .638% TS%.  On the boards he was even higher impact with a nice 12.2 rp36 to go with his 1.8 bp36.  As a developing reserve on our squad, we think he will bolster rebounding while bringing a strong body and tough board work to the post.  And we love his developing offensive game which has seen his per 36 scoring rise each season from 12.8 as a rookie to 19.0 last season.

On D?  We love what we see.  He was a top 6 rim protector last season (45.3 percent field-goal percentage allowed at the rim) and was mobile enough to be in the 91st percentile among all defenders in the pick and roll which tends to be a problem for some big men.

With our 8th pick, the U-Niques select:

Clint Capela

capitals-fire72.jpg

PG:  Chris Paul / Markelle Fultz

SG:  James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

PF:  Blake Griffin / Myles Turner 

C:  Joel Embiid / Clint Capela

@capstone21 is back on the clock!

(Four picks in less than an hour - @HopefulHawksFan bringing it. what, what!)

• Like 4