• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

• Admin

With their next pick Capstone's Crew selects:

Rudy Gobert C 7'1 245 lbs 25 yrs old 

14ppg 12.8rpg 2.6bpg

bil-gobert-twitter.jpg

Just try getting to the rim against this team ... it ain't happening ... the lane is officially locked down.

The anchor to our defense...Gobert is also a rebounding machine ... for his size he is actually very mobile too.

Gobert can get up the floor and we look forward to the highlights of Rudy catching oops from the Greek Freak.  

Man AD and Gobert ... scary

@Diesel is up

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

14ppg 12.8rpg 2.6bpg

bil-gobert-twitter.jpg

Just try getting to the rim against this team ... it ain't happening ... the lane is officially locked down.

The anchor to our defense...Gobert is also a rebounding machine ... for his size he is actually very mobile too.

Gobert can get up the floor and we look forward to the highlights of Rudy catching oops from the Greek Freak.  

@Diesel is up

Great pick! With only 9 drafting we are putting teams together that could give the Warriors a run for their money!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AHF said:

I'll do a full write up later but with our 4th pick we have to go with the guy who is 6 consecutive times 1st team Defensive All-NBA at pg but is still better known for his offense:

Chris Paul

@capstone21 is on the clock to start tomorrow

PG: Chris Paul

SG: James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

PF:

C:  Joel Embiid

I almost took Paul at pick #17 , but i changed to Lillard a the last minute because Lillard is younger.
I do think Paul's game will age well though, which is why it was a toss up for me.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

14ppg 12.8rpg 2.6bpg

bil-gobert-twitter.jpg

@Diesel is up

Good pick. He was my top choice for my next pick. I had a feeling that you were going to take him. I was just hoping that you would go for a pg instead.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thought about Gobert with my last pick even having just taken Embiid.  He is the best defensive big in the game.  Don't think he'll ever be an impact guy on offense but he is an impact player and doesn't present any real liabilities.  Just couldn't pass on Paul given how good he looks to be the next few seasons.  Gobert is a nice grab though and should be a defensive stud for years to come.

Your 3-5 are superstars on D.

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Thought about Gobert with my last pick even having just taken Embiid.  He is the best defensive big in the game.  Don't think he'll ever be an impact guy on offense but he is an impact player and doesn't present any real liabilities.  Just couldn't pass on Paul given how good he looks to be the next few seasons.  Gobert is a nice grab though and should be a defensive stud for years to come.

Your 3-5 are superstars on D.

Yes, didn't need an offensive guy at center ... he does excatly what I need ... grab rebounds and then dunk them back in ... with the weapons already on the floor I didnt want another guy who would be demanding the ball on offense 

21 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

@Diesel has until 3:38 PM to pick exclusively. After that, it's @LucastheThird, moi, @Buzzard and @pimp.

~lw3

Diesel is probably out enjoying that good Atl weather. I am at work here in Cincy and we have nothing but clouds with rain on and off all day!

Let's pick the pace back up. My next selection is:

BRADLEY BEAL

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti1mjizotq1nzm4ndliyjexmgfjztfmnzllntzmmdhj-e1448555505398.jpeg

He's one of the forgotten shooting guards in the league. But he has a great shooting touch, ball handling ability, defense, and chemistry with Wall. Domiant ball-handlers like Wall and LeBron need teammates who can play off the ball. 

@lethalweapon3 is up next

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

BRADLEY BEAL

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti1mjizotq1nzm4ndliyjexmgfjztfmnzllntzmmdhj-e1448555505398.jpeg

He's one of the forgotten shooting guards in the league. But he has a great shooting touch, ball handling ability, defense, and chemistry with Wall. Domiant ball-handlers like Wall and LeBron need teammates who can play off the ball. 

@Buzzard is next 

I like the pick but it is LW3 who is up. @lethalweapon3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

BRADLEY BEAL

@lethalweapon3 is up next

Dang it, Was gonna make Beal my SG , after i lost my center Rudy Gobert!
Jack-Nicholson.gif

• Like 2

• Moderators

With the... what is this, the 33rd Pick?... in the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

325fb94e-e967-49ef-b275-aa2c4d5635ef-656

More like Porter GAWD, amirite, Khris Middleton (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, 6'8", 234 lbs., Age 26 as of 10/1/2017)?

All this passing and unselfishness on the L-Flex is grand. But sooner or later, you need a swingman that can knock it down, inside and outside. Khris Middleton came in amid a hamstring-injury-shortened fifth season and sunk 43.3 percent of his three-point attempts, a career-best that ranked him tenth among league players from his first game through the end of the season, where he helped his squad emerge amidst a muddled field to reach the playoffs.

Among that field of ten three-point shooters, Middleton’s 4.2 RPG and 1.4 SPG led the pack, while his 3.5 APG ranked second. He now ranks tenth among active NBA players in career three-point shooting percentage. Focus too heavily on Steph Curry, or Nik Jokic, or fail to box-out Dray Green, and K-Mid can make you pay, especially in the corners (career 45.0 corner 3FG%).

He can score inside as well, steadily connecting on 45 percent of two-point shots without relying at all on dunks to pad his efficiencies. And when sent to the line, he made 88 percent of his free throws. His lithe frame suggests he can do more on the interior and on the defensive end of the floor, and a recuperative offseason after returning early from his torn hammy ought to help him improve in those areas.

On the L-Flex, Middleton won’t be needed to be a scoring leader on most nights. But on those occasions he does get the green light, he’ll be counted on to connect. Career trends suggest he can do just that.

Now that the Cincy-style weather has vanished and the sun has come out around here in the ATL, I gotta bail out too! It's time to give @Buzzard some time to shine!

THE LETHAL FLEXIBILITY

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG: James Khristian Middleton

SF: 

PF: Draymond Jamal Green

C: Nikola Jokic

~lw3

• Like 3

• Admin
2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the... what is this, the 32nd Pick?... in the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

325fb94e-e967-49ef-b275-aa2c4d5635ef-656

More like Porter GAWD, amirite, Khris Middleton (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, 6'8", 234 lbs., Age 26 as of 10/1/2017)?

More on Charleston's "Khash Money" in this space probably tomorrow. Now that the Cincy-style weather has vanished and the sun has come out around here in the ATL, I gotta bail out too! It's time to give @Buzzard some time to shine!

~lw3

Excellent pick ... a very underrated 3 and D shooting guard.  I am a big fan of his.

• Like 1

Despite having undergone minor knee surgery this past May; our next pick still participated in the Africa game last night; scoring 10 points in just 12 minutes.

With the 33rd pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Kemba Walker. Kemba has shown a true ability to constantly improve his game over the course of his six seasons in the league. In particular becoming a much more efficient player. Improving his 3pt shooting from a paltry .305 his rookie season to a very respectable .399 in 2016/17. He also set a career high TS% of .569.

In today's NBA, you cannot have enough good outside shooting. We think Kemba fills a need that every team has and we welcome his dynamic scoring ability with open arms. Welcome to the Flock Mr. Walker!

@capstone21 Now I think my team could handle Golden State!

@pimp is up.

kemba-walker.jpg

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Despite having undergone minor knee surgery this past May; our next pick still participated in the Africa game last night; scoring 10 points in just 12 minutes.

With the 33rd pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Kemba Walker. Kemba has shown a true ability to constantly improve his game over the course of his six seasons in the league. In particular becoming a much more efficient player. Improving his 3pt shooting from a paltry .305 his rookie season to a very respectable .399 in 2016/17. He also set a career high TS% of .569.

In today's NBA, you cannot have enough good outside shooting. We think Kemba fills a need that every team has and we welcome his dynamic scoring ability with open arms. Welcome to the Flock Mr. Walker!

@capstone21 Now I think my team could handle Golden State!

@pimp is up.

kemba-walker.jpg

I like Kemba a lot ... an excellent shooter and can score with the best of them ... having quality defenders in Klay and Haywood can help him on the perimeter.