• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Arrested per Woj (March 2018 Update: Felony Charges Coming?)

ShooterSays

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Maybe his charge will get reduced to a yellow card?

~lw3

FWIW, according to this Summer 2016 NPU agenda (we have Neighborhood Planning Units in Atlanta), Edi Sonko applied to sustain an alcohol license ("change of ownership") on behalf of "The Golden Patch" restaurant... currently the DS#17 Lounge in Buckhead. So unless they fell out with one another, they're associates, and not opposing combatants.

http://npu-b.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/July-5-2016-Agenda.pdf

~lw3

Dennis was videotaped kicking and punching the victim and Dennis initiated the contact.

FYI - the report says a security camera caught Schröder and several individuals in a heated exchange with the victim. The report says Schröder initiated physical contact by shoving the victim. The video also showed Schröder and the individuals striking the victim with their hands and feet, according to the report. Security intervened and pushed Schröder and the other individuals away from the victim, the report says.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

Dennis was videotaped kicking and punching the victim and Dennis initiated the contact.

FYI - the report says a security camera caught Schröder and several individuals in a heated exchange with the victim. The report says Schröder initiated physical contact by shoving the victim. The video also showed Schröder and the individuals striking the victim with their hands and feet, according to the report. Security intervened and pushed Schröder and the other individuals away from the victim, the report says.

Wow

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

This report from TMZ, I figure?

~lw3

• Moderators

It's ironic since I was just tapping my toe awaiting to see the results of the trial for the Morris Twins' incident, from back in 2015. Closing arguments from that trial just wrapped up yesterday.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2017/09/28/nba-morris-twins-trial-lawyers-present-closing-arguments-jury-deliberate-next-week/712819001/

EDIT: Should note that the Morrii were charged with felony assault, whereas Dennis checked into the pokey last night on a misdemeanor battery charge. Two of Markieff and Marcus' associates have already pleaded guilty to the 2015 beatdown in Arizona, and face sentencing in October.

~lw3

• Moderators

Copying-and-pasting some pertinent passages of legal-ese, from Friend of the Program hawksfanatic's reader-friendly copy of the CBA. (my emphases added in bold)

https://atlhawksfanatic.github.io/NBA-CBA/player-conduct.html

6.15 Player Arrests.

A Team shall not impose discipline on a player solely on the basis of the fact that the player has been arrested. Notwithstanding the foregoing, (a) a Team may impose discipline on a player for the conduct underlying the player’s arrest if it has an independent basis for doing so, (b) nothing herein shall permit a Team to discipline a player for his failure to cooperate with a Team’s investigation of his alleged misconduct if he has a reasonable apprehension of criminal prosecution, and (c) nothing herein shall prevent a Team from precluding a player from participating in Team activities without loss of pay to the extent it otherwise has the right to do so.

6.8 Counseling for Violent Misconduct.

1. In addition to any other rights a Team or the NBA may have by contract or law, when the NBA and the Players Association agree that there is reasonable cause to believe that a player has engaged in any type of off-court violent conduct, the player will (if the NBA and the Players Association so agree) be required to undergo a clinical evaluation by a neutral expert and, if deemed necessary by such expert, appropriate counseling, with such evaluation and counseling program to be developed and supervised by the NBA and the Players Association, unless the player has engaged in acts covered by the Joint NBA/NBPA Policy on Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Child Abuse, in which case the terms of that Policy shall apply. For purposes of this paragraph, “violent conduct” shall include, but not be limited to, any conduct involving the use or threat of physical violence or the use of, or threat to use, a deadly weapon, any conduct which could be categorized as a “hate crime,” and any conduct involving dog fighting or animal cruelty.

6.10 One Penalty.

1. The NBA and a Team shall not discipline a player for the same act or conduct. The NBA’s disciplinary action will preclude or supersede disciplinary action by any Team for the same act or conduct.
  2. When the NBA becomes aware of any potential or actual disciplinary action which may be or has been imposed by a Team for a player’s act or conduct, the NBA may, within forty-eight (48) hours, prohibit the discipline from being imposed or rescind the discipline that has been imposed, as applicable. If the NBA prohibits or rescinds the discipline, only the NBA shall thereafter be permitted to impose discipline on the player for that act or conduct. If the NBA does not prohibit or rescind the Team’s discipline, the Team may impose its proposed discipline or the Team’s discipline will remain in effect, as applicable, and, if the Team’s discipline becomes effective or remains in effect, the NBA may not thereafter impose discipline on the player for that act or conduct.

There is a brief passage pertaining to "Unlawful Violence," but that covers convictions on felonies only (i.e., not misdemeanors).

~lw3

Well his friends have to taje the blame. Hope that he didnt do that stuff, otherwise it should be the last warning for him next time kick him from the germany squad. He needs to griw up now. But unless proven guilty...

Btw, all hail kg01 ill be back very soon!

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

If I hear "assault", "bar", and "NBA player" the words "thrown through glass window" need be attached to warrant anything but a yawn from me.

I don't know whether to applaud or smh.  Sometimes I think your posts are the only reason I show up here daily.  Oh what the hell :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

• Like 2