• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Arrested per Woj (March 2018 Update: Felony Charges Coming?)

ShooterSays

This year's East is better than the East in which the Hawks won 60 games, sorry. When a horrible Nets team makes the playoffs in '15, you have a very bad conference. 

Also, a probable 45-48 win team with young talent is better than whatever the Hawks had last season.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They already did the true, complete restart this year.  This was always going to be a very long process.  There is no way around this being a long process.  You will have some who think it is great that Philadelphia is a low level playoff team in a weakened conference after their 253 losses over 4 years, but they fail to realize that their outcome so far this season does not outweigh the misery of the previous 4 seasons.

You back track a lot lmao. So the hawks are a lower end playoff team last year. Had we brought that core back we would still be worse than this years 76ers. They have 2 players that are going to be possibly better than anyone in Atlanta hawks history. They have a legitimate shot at eastern conference finals if they avoid Cleveland until then. They will be legitimate contenders in the east as long as Simmons and Embiid are there imo both under 25 Can't say that about last years hawks. 

Edited by davis171

58 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Also, Dennis was never going to be a part of this team if it ever gets good again, and I'm not convinced it will ever be good again until the Hawks get a competent GM.

The 76ers drafted Okafor #3 and are going to be competing for championships possibly as soon as next year. You can make mistakes and still wind up at the end goal no move he has made is damning. He drafted John Collins possibly the best pick he could have made that just gets thrown out the door?

3 hours ago, davis171 said:

The 76ers drafted Okafor #3 and are going to be competing for championships possibly as soon as next year. You can make mistakes and still wind up at the end goal no move he has made is damning. He drafted John Collins possibly the best pick he could have made that just gets thrown out the door?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-dont-trust-the-playoff-process-in-philly/

Young teams rarely make significant postseason runs in their first appearance. The postseason is a veteran’s game. Rotations get shorter. Experience down the stretch matters. Late game clock management is essential. Playing through adversity is a requirement.

I never thought Dennis factored into Schlenk’s long term plans, and he shouldn’t.  He’ll get arrested again if asked to come off the bench.  Not knowing that PGs who shoot .290 from 3 aren’t starters for even a fringe contender.  Let alone ones with quick feet and a 6’7”+ wingspan who play far below their defensive potential with only 72 steals and 6 blocks on the season.

Edited by benhillboy

19 minutes ago, warcore said:

Hypothetically:

If Schlenk does decide to be harsh and void his contract, what would we do with that new-found salary? Are there any PGs in the next two free agencies that put us in better position than Dennis for a similar or lower contract?

Doubtful.  It's also doubtful that Schlenk will use any salary space to add someone that can help the team win.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

They already did the true, complete restart this year.  This was always going to be a very long process.  There is no way around this being a long process.  You will have some who think it is great that Philadelphia is a low level playoff team in a weakened conference after their 253 losses over 4 years, but they fail to realize that their outcome so far this season does not outweigh the misery of the previous 4 seasons.

Philly is probably gonna win 50 games and be a 3 seed. Are they really a low level playoff team compared to say... the Bucks or Heat?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DBac said:

Philly is probably gonna win 50 games and be a 3 seed. Are they really a low level playoff team compared to say... the Bucks or Heat?

Yes.  I'd say in the playoffs, they will be the worst team because of their youth.

He has some valid, yet well-worn thoughts.  I’ll have to see Philly lose in the first round to believe it.  

When they get rolling they pass the eye test of a dark horse contender.  The game slows down I would think a dominant True Center would be even more valuable.  You double Embiid with Simmons on the floor you’re gonna give up points, period.  On the other end he’s a top-flight rim protector.  Then their home crowd is bananas.  Illy and Belly have also left an imprint of playing the right way on their youngsters.  

I don’t know what to make of Brett Brown.  I know they better sit Fultz ass down in a suit for the postseason.  You can’t have a total non-threat from three out there at the 2.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

He has some valid, yet well-worn thoughts.  I’ll have to see Philly lose in the first round to believe it.  

When they get rolling they pass the eye test of a dark horse contender.  The game slows down I would think a dominant True Center would be even more valuable.  You double Embiid with Simmons on the floor you’re gonna give up points, period.  On the other end he’s a top-flight rim protector.  Then their home crowd is bananas.  Illy and Belly have also left an imprint of playing the right way on their youngsters.  

I don’t know what to make of Brett Brown.  I know they better sit Fultz ass down in a suit for the postseason.  You can’t have a total non-threat from three out there at the 2.

Savvy vets also know how to get Embiid off his game and get under his skin.  Embiid likes to run his mouth a lot, and Whiteside of Miami gets him off his game consistently when they go head to head.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Savvy vets also know how to get Embiid off his game and get under his skin.  Embiid likes to run his mouth a lot, and Whiteside of Miami gets him off his game consistently when they go head to head.

Dude been gone so long I forgot about him.  Supposed to be back tomorrow.  I think the Heat have better floor chemistry without him but he is a beast and their other Cs are a hurt rookie, 99 year old UD, and apparently Mickey Mouse.

3 hours ago, DBac said:

Thank the Hawks for their sudden rise in 3 point shooting, and their 13 - 5 record since the All-Star break.  It's not quite to the extent that we did back in 2003, when we handed the Pistons their final piece to their championship puzzle in Rasheed Wallace.  But we did give them decent role playing pieces nonetheless.

Meanwhile . . the Hawks got 2 lbs of rocks ( not crack, but real rocks ) and a bag of stale Funyuns for buying out Beli and Ily.

Tanking = let's give all of our good players away to everyone else, to make them better, while we suck.

• Like 1