• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Arrested per Woj (March 2018 Update: Felony Charges Coming?)

ShooterSays

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thank the Hawks for their sudden rise in 3 point shooting, and their 13 - 5 record since the All-Star break.  It's not quite to the extent that we did back in 2003, when we handed the Pistons their final piece to their championship puzzle in Rasheed Wallace.  But we did give them decent role playing pieces nonetheless.

Meanwhile . . the Hawks got 2 lbs of rocks ( not crack, but real rocks ) and a bag of stale Funyuns for buying out Beli and Ily.

Tanking = let's give all of our good players away to everyone else, to make them better, while we suck.

Really was about getting Jerryd Bayless off the court for them.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

1st off, it’s BBD.

2nd Bobby was not the lead singer, Ralph Tresvant was. He sang damn every solo in every song.

3rd Bobby was kicked out and went on to become the biggest superstar of all those guys, BBD had 1 smash hit. Bobby had 5 chart toppers on a single album. Their money was best earned touring alongside Bobby and NE.

I say all that to say, your metaphor makes no sense.

Talking basketball, John Collins gets the majority of his points off the pick and roll with Dennis as the main facilitator of those passes.

Any further development in his game has to come from himself not Dennis. 

For example:

Russell Westbrook is one of the most ball dominant players in the league and according to your standards of Dennis is pretty selfish, yet that doesn’t stop Steven Adams from developing in to one of the best Centers in the NBA. 

And secondly, Taurean Prince has been on a tear lately and is developing in to a very good scoring wing. Last I checked Dennis is still on the team, still getting minutes. So how is he holding him back?

Dennis isn’t preventing anyone from doing anything. What you’re noticing is that he is the best player on the floor and gets to take the most shots. Well, in basketball that’s whats going to happen on any team. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Literally

I liked this post for the part in bold above. You know you're getting old when hearing BBD referred to as "BVD"  and Bobby Brown referred to as the lead singer of New Edition is borderline offensive. Dang millennials!:laugh:

• Like 3

This is a tough pill all the way around.

#1 I had high hopes of a possible Dennis and Doncic back court. Now I just hope Dennis makes it through this and can remain a starting NBA PG.

#2 Last season I could see Dennis getting late lottery value. Now it would take one of our late 1st and Dennis to get that. If someone was willing to even do that.

This is not a good day for the Hawks organization. 

Edited by Buzzard

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They will settle out of court. If Dennis wasn’t a millionaire this wouldn’t be an issue. The plaintiff just wants to get a payday. He could care less if Dennis goes to jail

Yes these things are always about money. You need the criminal charges to set up the civil, for leverage of course. Could this effect his work visa?

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

1st off, it’s BBD.

2nd Bobby was not the lead singer, Ralph Tresvant was. He sang damn every solo in every song.

3rd Bobby was kicked out and went on to become the biggest superstar of all those guys, BBD had 1 smash hit. Bobby had 5 chart toppers on a single album. Their money was best earned touring alongside Bobby and NE.

I say all that to say, your metaphor makes no sense.

Talking basketball, John Collins gets the majority of his points off the pick and roll with Dennis as the main facilitator of those passes.

Any further development in his game has to come from himself not Dennis. 

For example:

Russell Westbrook is one of the most ball dominant players in the league and according to your standards of Dennis is pretty selfish, yet that doesn’t stop Steven Adams from developing in to one of the best Centers in the NBA. 

And secondly, Taurean Prince has been on a tear lately and is developing in to a very good scoring wing. Last I checked Dennis is still on the team, still getting minutes. So how is he holding him back?

Dennis isn’t preventing anyone from doing anything. What you’re noticing is that he is the best player on the floor and gets to take the most shots. Well, in basketball that’s whats going to happen on any team. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Literally

Whether it's BVD or BBD... Whether Ralph, Johnny, or Bobby was the Lead.  Where Bobby went on to become a star or whether he went on to become a crack addict..  His and Ralph's Moving on allowed for there to be a BBD.  Moreover, if you thought that BBD had only 1 hit, you're mistaken...  Poison, When will I see you smile again.  Do Me Baby.   Thought it was me.    Moreover,  The poison album crossed over Pop and International.. Something that My perogative didn't do as well. 

Point is... without Dennis staunting the growth of our bigs, there's no telling how good they can become.  If he stays then they will be his backup.  (Guys he works with when what he wants to do won't work). 

21 hours ago, Diesel said:

Whether it's BVD or BBD... Whether Ralph, Johnny, or Bobby was the Lead.  Where Bobby went on to become a star or whether he went on to become a crack addict..  His and Ralph's Moving on allowed for there to be a BBD.  Moreover, if you thought that BBD had only 1 hit, you're mistaken...  Poison, When will I see you smile again.  Do Me Baby.   Thought it was me.    Moreover,  The poison album crossed over Pop and International.. Something that My perogative didn't do as well. 

Point is... without Dennis staunting the growth of our bigs, there's no telling how good they can become.  If he stays then they will be his backup.  (Guys he works with when what he wants to do won't work). 

It’s still a shiddy comparison because BBD were the least talented members of New Edition. They weren’t being held back, they literally had nothing else to do while everyone else was out doing solo projects. Poison was a super smash hit, but see you smile again was less popular than any of Bobby’s songs. (Every Littl Step, Perogative, Dont be Cruel, Roni, Rock Witcha and then the Ghostbusters II theme song which was global On Our Own).

If anything your metephor is saying that Dennis, while immature at times, is the one being held back because he is being forced to play teamball with a bunch of scrubs when he has Superstar potential. Because that’s literally the Bobby Brown story if you wanna be real.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Dennis out for the remainder of the season due to an "ankle sprain". Now I'm worried that this whole felony situation may be as bad or even worse than I thought. 

Same situation as Baze.  Enjoy the vaca!