• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game 1: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They don't look much different from last year, bad turnovers, inability to hit a shot...lol

You know what the bad part about your post is?.......they actually do look worst than last season. A lot worse but hey it’s just the first preseason game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bembry still needs to be the backup PG for this team.  We need another guy who can break a defense down off the dribble, instead of looking for a long jumper.

I'd like too see more of Cook, and a lot less of Delaney

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks currently shooting 32% FG - 21% 3FG

The Schlenk era begins !!

I want to see more John Jenkins and hopefully Bembry plays next game.

I won’t be watching too many games if we are shooting 32% often. I mean 40% ain’t very good but 32% makes it look like you don’t belong in the league 

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

I won’t be watching too many games if we are shooting 32% often. I mean 40% ain’t very good but 32% makes it look like you don’t belong in the league 

Thanks to Jenkins, we improved to 36% FG . . 24% 3FG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pimp said:

J.Collins 9 pts ,  15 rebs   2-6 fg   5-6 ft   in 19 minutes. 

The dude need to have a lot more minutes. I saw good stuff from him but terrible entry passes when he cut to the basket....hmmmm where have I heard that before :happy:

Edited by JTB
  • Like 4

Its going to be a long season folks.

Collins might be the only reason to watch the games this year. I really like this kid

If this is the Dennis we get all year, jacking up shot after shot and getting blocked, then NBA League pass will be a need not a want

Liked what I saw from Cook

Dedmon is solid but he fouls way too much. Its been an issue going back to his Orlando days

Bruno is trash. Cant defend, looks weak, and I don't see a guy that can knock down NBA 3's

Babbit  cant defend at all. Good for a 3 here and there but thats it

The perimeter defense is going to be atrocious this year

1 minute ago, JTB said:

The dude need to have a lot more minutes. I saw good stuff from him but terrible entry passes when he cut to the basket....hmmmm where have I heard that before :happy:

Yea passing is going to be an issue this year. Collins made a few nice cuts and our guards did not see him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is literally nothing we are going at outside of passing the ball around. I refuse to say ball movement because those who are good at it score at a high clip. 

Itll get better honestly. I want to see more of Bellinelli and Babbitt from 3 

6 hours ago, JTB said:

I almost forgot how much of a fan of John I was and now would be a great time to have him. We definitely need Bembry and I want to see Jeremy Evans in more action. The way the Heat were shot blocking verifies we need another athlete in my opinion. Cook, Dorsey looked pretty bad overall. I hope we can find a way to keep Evans and Jenkins

5 hours ago, High5 said:

Collins immediately hitting a jumper over Whiteside was nice. Impressive debut overall. I was having trouble paying attention to the game when he wasn't on the court. That may be a recurring theme this season. 

Collins line 9pts, 15 rebounds in under 20 minutes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, pimp said:

J.Collins 9 pts ,  15 rebs   2-6 fg   5-6 ft   in 19 minutes. 

Give him minutes and feed him. The Hawks absolutely have to get better at passing to big men. Those entry passes and passes on cuts were atrocious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Give him minutes and feed him. The Hawks absolutely have to get better at passing to big men. Those entry passes and passes on cuts were atrocious.

Man tell me about it ! That’s the part I was saying wasn’t Howard’s fault last year and it’s not all on Dennis either. Apparently none of our perimeter guys can hit players on cuts or entry passes. It seems to always be a turnover more than not. They really need to work on that cause with these young players it looks worse than last year.

right now I don’t see the big deal adding another high draft pick with this already young team. More youth just looks like more mistakes to happen for upcoming years. 

We need a playmaker badly and again it’s not all Dennis fault as everyone in this spurs like offense is responsible for making the correct pass. I see why bud didn’t put so much pressure on running an more difficult offense with this group 

Edited by JTB