• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haywood ... Brutal

capstone21

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I was just explaining to someone that fantasy owners are panicking all over the place when... "hmmm... wait a minute..."

~lwPANAC!

I was feel sorry for you  because you lost Haywood for a while .., now i find out that one of my players ( Draymond Green ) left the game with a knee injury. :(

• Like 2

Feel terrible for the guy. It looked more like a nasty football injury that could happen than something on the hardwood. On a good note for the Celtics last night was the game by Jaylen Brown which made them look wise to open up big minutes for him. He really showed for them and he doesn't even turn twenty one till next week. They'll still be very difficult to deal with this year. Unfortunately.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Feel bad for Hayward, but at least it happened to the Celtics. Just sayin'.

Feel very bad for Heywood, but couldn't have happened to a better team :)

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

That's a fracture-dislocation.  It will need to be reduced immediately and splinted.  Surgery will have to repair the syndesmosis of the ankle joint along with the fibular fracture and likely tibial fracture.  I would guess there is at least a posterior mallelolar component to the fracture as well.

I was told there'd be no math...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Feel terrible for the guy. It looked more like a nasty football injury that could happen than something on the hardwood. On a good note for the Celtics last night was the game by Jaylen Brown which made them look wise to open up big minutes for him. He really showed for them and he doesn't even turn twenty one till next week. They'll still be very difficult to deal with this year. Unfortunately.  

Yeah it’s a silver lining in a black cloud.  Everyone knows they’re ability to contend was finished the second the camera panned on him.  They’ll drop 3-4 slots in the playoffs and Ainge will have to pull a good trade out his ass.  The rumors about Al and whatever for Anthony Davis will kick into high gear.  On the other hand, Brown and Tatum’s very steep upsides are accelerated with experience.

Unfortunately his game will never be the same, much like PG-13, who is judicious with his high-impact play nowadays.  Ironically a lot of the players on the floor last night also were live witnesses to George’s gruesome injury as well.

Hayward was such a force after developing sneaky hops and unorthodoxed, hard-planting driving footwork for a guy his size.  Maybe these rapid changes to his game and style played a cumalitve part here but I’m no doctor like @KB21 apparently is.  

I enjoyed seeing him play versus Baze, their styles are exact opposites.  You’d barely notice him yet he’d finish with 25/7/5 without sweating out a single hair.  Get well soon man.  His smoking hot wife and new tax bracket should help with that.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I was pretty sure they weren't contenders this year with him but hate to see it for any player.  Like several others, the thought did run through my head that if any team had to have something like this happen at least it was the Celtics.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

That's a fracture-dislocation.  It will need to be reduced immediately and splinted.  Surgery will have to repair the syndesmosis of the ankle joint along with the fibular fracture and likely tibial fracture.  I would guess there is at least a posterior mallelolar component to the fracture as well.

Donchu cuss like that on this here website.

Surprising timeline laid out by Shavlik Randolph on Hayward's injury. Randolph had the same type of situation in the past. I thought it would probably take longer but really wouldn't expect 100% again for Hayward where as Randolph said his own injury did heal completely. Best wishes to a really good player on our arch enemy of a team, the Green. 

Interesting comments from Ex-NBA player/Celtics forward Shavlik Randolph, who had similar injury to Gordon Hayward. "It's about a 4-6 month recovery. The ligaments take 6-8 weeks and the tibia was about three months to heal in all the places it broke. Ironically, I had the same injury and as bad as it looks it does heal back to 100 percent and does so surprisingly fast. I think there's a chance he could be back this season if he really pushed it. The team will be cautious to bring him back too fast, but I think he could by the end of the season. Maybe not back to full 100 percent by then, but I wouldn't be shocked if he can and does play."