• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fleeced!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Charlotte Boasting over the BEST TRADE THEY EVER MADE!

If Howard was difficult to work with in the past, there’s been no evidence so far of that with the Hornets. Before the home opener against the Hawks, Howard called speculation he was a bad teammate in Atlanta “stupid.”

“I don’t know what happened to him at other stops, but since he’s been here he’s been aces with us,” Hornets forward Marvin Williams said recently. “He likes to have fun, and there’s nothing wrong with having fun. Dwight takes his job just as seriously as the next person.”

While Babbit is looking better than Bellinelli and we are not doing anything special with our bigs... And Plumlee is trying to cop his next dimebag.. this trade has stacked up to be stupid.

Watching the Knicks play the Hornets last night and thinking about a team with Dwight, THJr, Sap, and IsoSchro... I started to wonder... what was our problem?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

43 wins...1st round exit...Too expensive

Exactly.  It was time to rebuild and holding on to 30 somethings that could barely play .500 ball last season didn't make sense.  Dwight would have won us more games this year but would not have put us in position to win anything of consequence so it made sense to unload him.

I will say that I didn't like the deal from day 1 given that we downgraded our draft pick and took on an abysmal contract in Plumlee but the idea behind unloading Dwight was sound.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

43 wins...1st round exit...Too expensive

That's the result... but it doesn't suggest what the problem was.

It's like telling your doctor that your back hurts... and he saying... Go home and sleep it off.   Then you calling him the next day and asking him what did he find and he say.. well, your back was hurting. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's the result... but it doesn't suggest what the problem was.

It's like telling your doctor that your back hurts... and he saying... Go home and sleep it off.   Then you calling him the next day and asking him what did he find and he say.. well, your back was hurting. 

The team wasn't that good.  A handful of good players and useful players.  All but Sap with some significant faults along with their strengths.

10 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Times are bad when Diesel is puffing his chest over a Marvin quote...

Hornets currently 5-6, 9th in the East, 117 million in cap spent.

Oh, the irony....

The Hornets can take our mediocrity.  I'm looking towards a brighter future myself.

• Like 4

The Hawks can be happy they didn't overpay Millsap, THJr or keep overpaying Howard. None of these players except Schröder is close to being worth their salary so I don't see what's the point of this?

Paying THJr would have not given you even one good starter at SG at the price of 33-37 millions per year for THJr and Baze. Seeing how people shit on Bazemore makes me wonder what THJr does better. He is the same player in terms of efficiency and in terms of cost/production ratio .

Paying Millsap 30+ millions would have gotten you an 18/8 player, who isn't good enough to carry a franchise. And that isn't even considering the fact that he is 32 years old.

And well, if the best trade in history of Charlotte Honmrets basketball gets you aa center that is playing his worst season since his rookie year and a .500 record, that says a lot more about your teams trade history than that trade deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kurupt said:

The Hawks can be happy they didn't overpay Millsap, THJr or keep overpaying Howard. None of these players except Schröder is close to being worth their salary so I don't see what's the point of this?

Paying THJr would have not given you even one good starter at SG at the price of 33-37 millions per year for THJr and Baze. Seeing how people shit on Bazemore makes me wonder what THJr does better. He is the same player in terms of efficiency and in terms of cost/production ratio .

Paying Millsap 30+ millions would have gotten you an 18/8 player, who isn't good enough to carry a franchise. And that isn't even considering the fact that he is 32 years old.

And well, if the best trade in history of Charlotte Honmrets basketball gets you aa center that is playing his worst season since his rookie year and a .500 record, that says a lot more about your teams trade history than that trade deal.

LOL @ worst since his rookie year.

He's averaging 15 ppg - 13 rebs on 59% FG.  His FT% sucks at 42%.  His whopping 4 turnovers a game is what is killing his efficiency numbers.

But let's not act like this guy is playing horribly. He's doing what Dwight normally does.  Eat the glass on both ends.  Get easy baskets from put backs or dunks.  And acts as the defensive presence in the paint.

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Bro what was you thinking posting this thread? 

I'd be of your opinion if Charlotte would be like 7 or 8-3 but no they are 5-6 so far. 

We all know your love for Dwight. But for now there's no evidence of past-injury-Dwight being a player who makes a team better.

We';re 2 - 9.  You think we'd be 2 - 9 if we had Dwight?

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ worst since his rookie year.

He's averaging 15 ppg - 13 rebs on 59% FG.  His FT% sucks at 42%.  His whopping 4 turnovers a game is what is killing his efficiency numbers.

But let's not act like this guy is playing horribly. He's doing what Dwight normally does.  Eat the glass on both ends.  Get easy baskets from put backs or dunks.  And acts as the defensive presence in the paint.

We';re 2 - 9.  You think we'd be 2 - 9 if we had Dwight?

Probably 4-7.  Lose/lose.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Oh, the irony....

The Hornets can take our mediocrity.  I'm looking towards a brighter future myself.

a BRIGHT FUTURE?? You mean 10 more years of wishing that we could make the playoffs?

Check your Hawks history. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

a BRIGHT FUTURE?? You mean 10 more years of wishing that we could make the playoffs?

Check your Hawks history. 

Checked the History.  The Hawks won 25, 17, 27 and 21 games in consecutive seasons then drafted future MVP Bob Pettit #2 overall.  They struggled his first few years but ended up making the finals 3 times and won a championship with him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hope Schlenk is lucky.

Landing Collins and being able to pick up Taylor with no strings involved shows Schlenk has had some luck with young talent in his first crack at GM. We'll see how it goes with Dorsey but did see the potential a few days ago. So here is hoping it continues. Agree about missing Sap but also understand the allergy to big contracts right now as well. We have one too many as it is and Schlenk saw that our ceiling had already dropped. 

• Like 2