• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bembry and Prince

Wurider05

Man they have some of the best body control I have ever seen in the NBA. Smooth as hell. Would we be any worse off if we gave Bazemore's minutes to Bembry?

Probably considering Bembry can barely hit a jump shot. But bad=good this season, so I would be in favor of it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

In Kent’s defense I’m highly impressed with 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and half a block a game.  For him that shows he’s “leaving it all out there” lol.  I’ve resolved that he’s gonna be here for the long haul.  I cried, mourned, and am healing everyday.

Kent is an A1 tank commander. I love him right now. I hated him the last two seasons but I love him right now. 

• Like 2

With his PO in a couple of years we are paying him about 54 million for this season and two more. So much cash still left on the books with him and no way in hell he opts out. Just maybe that last year can belong to someone else with a trade but certainly don't see it happening before then if at all.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/kent-bazemore-11079/ 

• Like 3

Am 12/1/2017 at 18:59 , Wurider05 sagte:

Man they have some of the best body control I have ever seen in the NBA. Smooth as hell. Would we be any worse off if we gave Bazemore's minutes to Bembry?

Funny thing is I actually think that's one of the things which makes Prince play throughout the last couple of games exceptionally bad.

He is really overdoing that * jumping while bending around the opponent stuff *. Everytime it results in a awkwardly bad shot with horrible touch on it. 

He should go back to doing simpler things. Let the game come to him. Not overdoing stuff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas said:

With his PO in a couple of years we are paying him about 54 million for this season and two more. So much cash still left on the books with him and no way in hell he opts out. Just maybe that last year can belong to someone else with a trade but certainly don't see it happening before then if at all.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/kent-bazemore-11079/ 

LOL . . you honestly think Baze is going to opt out of his contract, when he's owed 19.2 million ( not 16 million ) in his opt out year?

vor 50 Minuten, StephenHawking sagte:

Funny thing is I actually think that's one of the things which makes Prince play throughout the last couple of games exceptionally bad.

He is really overdoing that * jumping while bending around the opponent stuff *. Everytime it results in a awkwardly bad shot with horrible touch on it. 

He should go back to doing simpler things. Let the game come to him. Not overdoing stuff.

Evident in those first 2 qrts again

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . you honestly think Baze is going to opt out of his contract, when he's owed 19.2 million ( not 16 million ) in his opt out year?

The text you quoted above literally says "there is no way in hell he opts out" so I'm going to say that Thomas doesn't think he'll opt out.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I've actually been a little disappointed with both of these guys this year. I know Prince's stat line doesn't look so bad on the surface but a quick glance at his efficiency numbers and advanced metrics shows us he has been less valuable than Baze... by a lot. He is actually down there in Malcom Delaney territory as far as win shares go. And bembry, well, he needs a jumpshot. You can't be a 2 guard in this league today without a jumpshot... hell, even most centers in the NBA today have better jumpshots than Bembry.

I'm by no means giving up on these guys but Prince is already older than most veteran players so I'm also not as high on his potential as I was when we first drafted him. Still think he has Demarre Carrol potential, but that's about it with him frankly. 

As far as Bembry goes, I'm not sure what to make him. His game outside of his jumpshot is smooth and nice, but unless he develops a very good shot he is never going to be starting material in this league. I know we have this reputation under Bud of developing shooters, but I feel that is a bit of a myth. Carrol and Millsap were already very good shooters before coming to the Hawks, just didn't ever have the volume or the green light the way they did here in Atlanta. Heck, we have had Delaney for two years and it seems his shot has just gotten worse lol. With Bembry, I don't know if he will ever develop the way he needs to. It isn't easy to construct a shot from scratch at this level. It rarely ever happens. 

• Like 1

The thing about Prince is he's shown some really nice offensive moves. Stuff DMC would never even try. Now, sometimes Prince shouldn't try them either, but he does have the ability to create points on his own. That gives me hope that he can be better. He just needs to improve his decision-making and we need better players around him so he doesn't feel the need to force the issue as much. Of course, improved decision-making is no sure thing. See: Smith, Josh. 

Bembry is worse in the decision-making department, but he's also barely played in the NBA. You gotta love the effort, though. I have no idea what his future is (poor man's Wade? Iguodala-esque reserve? China?), but I'm excited to see what he does with the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

I'm still high on Bembry although not as high as I was before the season. I am eager to see him taking a couple of js from the elbow. I can see him being able to hit them. I also like how he takes the challenge of shooting 3pointers when open. Its clear that he becomes more comfortable day by day. 

What I thought he'd be better at was recognising plays on both ends. I thought he'd look even smoother offensively and that he'd be less turnover prone. On defense he doesn't look the same as before the wrist injury. Too often he gets caught slipping and hasn't the pesty feel to him anymore. I hope he can turn this around. Still a rookie in this league.

I'm not high on Prince anymore.

Hes lacking BBIQ. Hes not a winning player. Hes not a good defender. Hes a spot up shooter for now. 

He cant read the play on fastbreaks. Isn't able to recognise when to shoot, drive or kick which becomes obvious everytime he blows a wild lay up/tear drop or kicks into a crowd resulting in a TO.

Most games he isn't part of the offense at all. Actually there are times where you can't even tell whether he's on the field or not for 10 straight minutes. 

Defensively sure it looks good when he blocks a shot or two but most times that's him trailing the play because he got beat off the dribble. Atm he isn't able to play one on one defense nor off ball defense especially on the weak side.

Hopefully he can turn it around and at least step up his on ball d and offensive decisionmaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm still high on Bembry although not as high as I was before the season. I am eager to see him taking a couple of js from the elbow. I can see him being able to hit them. I also like how he takes the challenge of shooting 3pointers when open. Its clear that he becomes more comfortable day by day. 

What I thought he'd be better at was recognising plays on both ends. I thought he'd look even smoother offensively and that he'd be less turnover prone. On defense he doesn't look the same as before the wrist injury. Too often he gets caught slipping and hasn't the pesty feel to him anymore. I hope he can turn this around. Still a rookie in this league.

I'm not high on Prince anymore.

Hes lacking BBIQ. Hes not a winning player. Hes not a good defender. Hes a spot up shooter for now. 

He cant read the play on fastbreaks. Isn't able to recognise when to shoot, drive or kick which becomes obvious everytime he blows a wild lay up/tear drop or kicks into a crowd resulting in a TO.

Most games he isn't part of the offense at all. Actually there are times where you can't even tell whether he's on the field or not for 10 straight minutes. 

Defensively sure it looks good when he blocks a shot or two but most times that's him trailing the play because he got beat off the dribble. Atm he isn't able to play one on one defense nor off ball defense especially on the weak side.

Hopefully he can turn it around and at least step up his on ball d and offensive decisionmaking.

Haha, tell us how you really feel!

I can take or leave Prince, for many of the reasons stated above.  I can deal with any of Bembry’s warts because his IQ flashes so brightly on any given play.  One awful game sunk his advanced metrics due to lots of missed time but he still has a 1.2 DBPM rounding out our best defensive trio of Baze (1.2 as well) and Plumlee (2.1). 

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten, benhillboy sagte:

Haha, tell us how you really feel!

I can take or leave Prince, for many of the reasons stated above.  I can deal with any of Bembry’s warts because his IQ flashes so brightly on any given play.  One awful game sunk his advanced metrics due to lots of missed time but he still has a 1.2 DBPM rounding out our best defensive trio of Baze (1.2 as well) and Plumlee (2.1). 

Well if I'm going to analyse them, I rather go all the way!! :-)