• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holy Sh*t--This can't be true!!!

Wurider05

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/948509249348554753

Over the last 20 seasons, the Hawks were 400-0 when leading by at least 10 in the final 3 minutes of the game entering Tuesday.

They lost to the Suns under such circumstances last night

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 4

I think I saw a stat where the entire league this year was 326-0.  10 points is nothing nowadays, I’m surprised it’s so hard to come back from that deficit late.  I witnessed T-Mac drop 13 in the final :33 versus Pop and Tim so it just doesn’t compute.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

That was a win for us guys.  This is one of those teams we will be facing off against for top picks.  We have a much better point differential than Phoenix this year and they have 5 more wins.  We are doing it right.

I agree. I tuned in and we were up by 12 before the half and thought, well this sort of sucks as we need another loss to keep the worst record in the NBA. Perverse, but Donic will not be there after pick 1 or 2. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AHF said:

That was a win for us guys.  This is one of those teams we will be facing off against for top picks.  We have a much better point differential than Phoenix this year and they have 5 more wins.  We are doing it right.

Damn that’s crazy.  I don’t mind the losses versus Enemy Tanks at all.  I’m good with competitive losses verus the whole damn league the rest of the way besides 4 more upsets verus Cleveland, Houston, OKC, and Boston.  We couldn’t beat the Spurs or Warriors if they subbed in their wives and girlfriends.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

If we finish with the #1 pick can we afford to pass up on Trae Young? I know it is a small sample but I haven't seen any freshman ever do the things this kid is doing.

There's still time until the draft, but as of now I'd be disappointed if we lose all these games just to draft Trae Young. As amazing as he's playing, it's not obvious whether he can do that on a consistent basis. Not to mention we still have Dennis in his position.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 03/01/2018 at 2:24 PM, frosgrim said:

I agree. I tuned in and we were up by 12 before the half and thought, well this sort of sucks as we need another loss to keep the worst record in the NBA. Perverse, but Donic will not be there after pick 1 or 2. 

Well, there's a good 53.5% chance they won't be drafting 1st or 2nd even if they do keep the worst record...

So I wouldn't hold my breath.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:12 AM, Atlantaholic said:

If we finish with the #1 pick can we afford to pass up on Trae Young? I know it is a small sample but I haven't seen any freshman ever do the things this kid is doing.

I am starting to think the same thing. The Kings were rumored to be interested in Schröder at one time, I wonder if they would be willing to part ways with their lottery pick for him.

The draft is going to be exciting and I would not be shocked if Travis made another move or two to continue putting his stamp on our team.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If we draft Trae Young, it will make Shelden and Marvin Williams looks like Michael Jordan and James Worthy. Never, should we EVER draft that kid with our top 5 pick. 

Barring a trade, I don't think there is even a slight chance. If we somehow finagle another lottery pick, I could see that slight chance becoming more likely.

If we draft Trae Young, it will make Shelden and Marvin Williams looks like Michael Jordan and James Worthy. Never, should we EVER draft that kid with our top 5 pick. 

If we draft him and trade Schröder to do it, it might set us back 10 years. A lot of things have to go right for him to be dominant in the NBA like he is in college.