• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True the pick is the thing.  I have no faith that Smith will be anything other than a perennial dunk contest participant.  And it comes as no surprise that Slink got owned in a negotiation.  He's a guy that sits across the table getting own'd but acting like he's in control just to give the impression that he's not getting own'd but everybody with a brain can clearly see that he's getting own'd but pretending he's not.

Try to follow that.

Easy to follow.  We've seen it in action with Schlenk for a year now in negotiations with Charlotte, Dallas and Bud.  Sounds like he even lost the negotiation over who to draft this year and had to go with someone other than his choice.  Still waiting for him to win his first round of negotiations.

He nailed Collins last year and needs to nail this year's picks because nailing picks is what he has going for him (note that suboptimal trades can still work out fine but are by definition suboptimal - you can still turn a profit while leaving money on the table).

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Easy to follow.  We've seen it in action with Schlenk for a year now in negotiations with Charlotte, Dallas and Bud.  Sounds like he even lost the negotiation over who to draft this year and had to go with someone other than his choice.  Still waiting for him to win his first round of negotiations.

He nailed Collins last year and needs to nail this year's picks because nailing picks is what he has going for him (note that suboptimal trades can still work out fine but are by definition suboptimal - you can still turn a profit while leaving money on the table).

True but that shat catches up to you eventually.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I even tweeted out my prediction four days before the draft.

And three days before:

Anymore questions?

Ya please send us all the tweets you sent them with ur other 177 predictions...oh wait, you deleted them huh?

• Like 1

Gotta give credit to @KB21. He's been calling every movement Schlenk's made so far, going back to Bud leaving and now the draft. I hope he's wrong about how long this rebuild will take, but I'm starting to feel the same way. If anything, this draft shows that the Hawks want to keep losing. 

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ummm....

So @Spud2nique....gotta break this out.

:spank:

And if anyone is confused, that is @KB21 on the left side.  Gotta give him props on this!

@AHF everyone knows you have wanted to see my ass...next time just ask don’t be shy..

also...when somebody IM’s regarding something don’t say you’ll get back to them when you have no intention of doing so. 

Same old pony show here...smh

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Gotta give credit to @KB21. He's been calling every movement Schlenk's made so far, going back to Bud leaving and now the draft. I hope he's wrong about how long this rebuild will take, but I'm starting to feel the same way. If anything, this draft shows that the Hawks want to keep losing. 

He has wanted to draft jjj the last 50 pages of this thing...what r y’all watching.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

High 5 buddy....the internet is forever.

I’m sorry I don’t even read your posts anymore. I thought we were a couple old school hawks fans but you seen to be ridin newbie D. High 5 tho! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

He has wanted to draft jjj the last 50 pages of this thing...what r y’all watching.

Trust me, I'm not defending his opinions, and he was really obnoxious during the season with all his anti-tanking crap. But the dude called it man. He wanted JJJ, but always said Schlenk was an idiot and wouldn't take him. 

Just now, DS5 said:

Trust me, I'm not defending his opinions, and he was really obnoxious during the season with all his anti-tanking crap. But the dude called it man. He wanted JJJ, but always said Schlenk was an idiot and wouldn't take him. 

I guess I didn’t read 50 pages back cuz I was banned by no reason from this site. But when you advocate drafting JJJ a million times people think you actually think and want Schlenk to take him. I didn’t know I had to go back and learn the origins of KBtoys infatuations with each and every player.

im done with the bs tho..he called it he didn’t call it...dont matter to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya please send us all the tweets you sent them with ur other 177 predictions...oh wait, you deleted them huh?

There just like the rest of em, never mentioned. You keep posting about Bagley @KB21, but I want my money via PayPal

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF everyone knows you have wanted to see my ass...next time just ask don’t be shy..

also...when somebody IM’s regarding something don’t say you’ll get back to them when you have no intention of doing so. 

Same old pony show here...smh

Prompt me again.  I've been on the road for the past several weeks and have been getting a lot more PM traffic than normal.  If you asked me something I didn't know the answer to I likely asked the other mods and may have dropped the ball thinking they would follow-up or with them thinking I was going to and then me not doing it.  I don't make a habit of leaving people hanging so my apologies for that.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He has always said he wanted Doncic first.  His focus on JJJ came when it seemed clear Doncic and Ayton would be off the board and JJJ and Bagley were the leading contenders for #3.

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has always said he wanted Doncic first.  His focus on JJJ came when it seemed clear Doncic and Ayton would be off the board and JJJ and Bagley were the leading contenders for #3.

Wow..ok..well kudos to him for being the mastermind I guess.

34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshype.com/2018/06/12/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-kevin-huerter-nba-draft-rumors-stephen-curry-klay-thompson/amp/

All he did was read this article from june 12th. @KB21 tweet was on the 17th. 

Interesting:rofl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

:biggrin: Find of the year! #copycats #ideaofyourown

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

@thecampster High five? ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

He posted about Trae Huerter on here back in May.

Why are yall so scared to give him credit lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DBac said:

He posted about Trae Huerter on here back in May.

Why are yall so scared to give him credit lol

Seriously.  KB and I have butted heads a lot this year but give it up to him on this.  He nailed it.  No shame in giving him credit where credit is due.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

True the pick is the thing.  I have no faith that Smith will be anything other than a perennial dunk contest participant.  And it comes as no surprise that Slink got owned in a negotiation.  He's a guy that sits across the table getting own'd but acting like he's in control just to give the impression that he's not getting own'd but everybody with a brain can clearly see that he's getting own'd but pretending he's not.

Try to follow that.

Also, I'm riding with @Spud2nique in this battle with @KB21Even if he "called" it, it was luck.

That's all I got, spud.

I would like to think I led the horse to drink!!!