• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

On 4/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, NBASupes said:

Bamba is going to be a top 5-10 NBA player. My hope is his defense will be as good as his offense. I think he will be scary on offense. Hes extremely athletic for his profile. Most people with his profile look like Thabeet or Ajinica

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You and I were pretty much in agreement with our players except I'll take the win saying JJJ was a few years away. He's developing nicely but his rebounding is head scratching.

When you have a 7 footer who is an elite defender, not just an elite rim protector, and he’s good enough from the perimeter that around 48% of his shots are from the three point line, it’s not hard to look past the low rebounding rate.  

On 5/30/2018 at 10:28 PM, thecampster said:

During the last 2 years, I've commented multiple times about Dennis driving to the basket with his eyes down.  That when Dennis drives to the basket he isn't creating for others, he's creating for himself.  I talked about how his passes to Dwight on drives were hard (not soft) and at his knees. In the following video, watch Trae Young and how often his dishes in the paint are soft at his big man's chest. See how often his eyes are up 10 feet from the basket.  Up as in peripheral vision, not up at the rim.  Around 2:30 is a great example.  IMHO, this is who the Hawks take around 3.  Notice the body control, soft touch on layups (trying to draw contact and leaving rebounds as soft to allow for put backs.  Again, (IMHO) this is the difference between a scoring PG playing like a PG (young) as opposed to a shooting PG playing like a shooting guard (Dennis).  I'd happily package Dennis with 19 to move back into the lottery to take Young + 1 other top talent.

My first post in the thread.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:10 PM, hazer said:

I’ll be happy with any of Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, or Bamba at 3. I’ll be pissed with JJJ, Porter, or Young there. Trade back if that’s the plan. This isn’t rocket surgery.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:55 PM, NBASupes said:

I really think a lot of white posters and fans want to make Doncic into something more than what he is. I understand, when is the last time you had an elite looking prospect who's been white. That said, he's not close. He really reminds me of James Harden out of Arizona State and I think it's wishful thinking to think we will take that 4th-year jump Harden did. Could it happen, maybe but that goes for all of the top 5-7 prospects in this class.  That goes for Bamba, Bagley, Ayton, Porter Jr, and even Sexton. I think if you think Doncic will be better than Bazemore day 1, I think you have mistaken him and his floor at this stage and he has a very high floor for a 19-year-old. Outside of those rare super jumps like the Steve Francis, Michael Jordan's and Donovan Mitchell's of the world. Most players don't make that big of a jump from workout/summer league to RS in a short time period. Most take years, especially ones without freak tools and athletic ability. 

Ah yes, the great white hope fallacy. Moral of the story: Don't let your biases cloud your judgement. 

hace 4 horas, thecampster dijo:

I searched pretty hard for the perfect post to revive this thread.  I would love everyone to take a second and read as much as they can between page 50 and 150 (yes its a lot). find your own posts offer your "Yah, I have no idea what I was thinking when I said that" posts. If Gurpilo were honest, He'd choose this one (and is a good guy so I thought I'd use his).  Go back, look at what you were saying just 2 years ago.

Lol seeing again my comments, funny to see how things were different than expected. I really thought there were a clear top 3, Doncic and Ayton are franchise players, well Doncic is looking like a Bonafide Star, I wanted him so hard... he was really my choice and I have a hard time accepting we traded him. Bagley’s constant injuries have delayed his development but I still think he is going to be special.

on the other 3 JJJ is looking as I thought, Porter Jr is starting to look like a really good player and Bamba has failed all expectations, I even wanted him over JJJ. Of course I was not suggesting to take Porter Jr with our pick.

What really was a surprise for me was the offensive explosion of Young, I really thought we were getting a inefficient offensive player, Marbury clone, and a liability on defense. Clearly I was wrong as he has been much more efficient on offense and he makes his mates better, something I was not expecting at all. On defense he is as expected but he is a leader and someone you can build around. I am glad he is with us.

Anyway 2 years after I would still draft and keep Doncic, I think he is going to be a HOF player and someone  that can take a team to a title. I have more doubts with Trae, his defense is something that still concerns me but too early to tell, I hope next year we can evaluate him with a decent roster around. Also after 2 years the top 3 is quite different Doncic, Young and Ayton are the clear top 3, JJJ and Bagley following them.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

SMDH....ROFL....remember...the internet is forever.

Bamba has a better form and trajectory on his shot but JJJ is a volume three point shooter who is automatic with his ugly ass shot put form. I already said during his rookie year I completely underrated his shot as a prospect. I didn't underrate his defense. I just underrated his jump shot. I didn't think it would translate. 

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

This is bullshit, my opinion vastly changed leading into the draft. I said it a lot that I wasn't high on Young till late May when I had more of a chance to review his game. @Spud2nique can verify that. This thread can as well. 

You can go to RealGM. I had him outside of the top 20 as a prospect till March. He like Tyler Herro was late raisers when I had a chance to really watch their film. 

• Like 2