• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

and think of it this way....3 years from now, you and I will be on here busting his chops when JJJ is not DPOY. Just remember that when he gets his turn in the barrel, use protection.

Three years from now, you guys will want me to take Schlenk’s job.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DBac said:

Haven't looked into 2019 draft but I like Nassir Little and Jontay Porter from the tiny bit that I've seen.

Little has a lot of development to do with his jump shot at this point to have a chance at getting drafted by the Hawks.

9 minutes ago, DBac said:

Haven't looked into 2019 draft but I like Nassir Little and Jontay Porter from the tiny bit that I've seen.

Porter is a guy who could be a target with that Cleveland pick if it conveys though.  He's a big that can shoot the ball, and he has good fundamental defensive abilities even if he isn't the best athlete or a rim protector.  He's a better prospect than his much more over hyped brother.  Daniel Gafford and Jontay Porter would actually be a pretty good haul as far as bigs in next year's draft.

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Little has a lot of development to do with his jump shot at this point to have a chance at getting drafted by the Hawks.

My exposure to Nassir Little is a quick scouting report and a look at the McDonalds game granted. His jumper looked solid there, I haven't gone through the trouble of looking up all of these guys high school shooting numbers, though I know a guy like Zion wasnt a good shooter. But Nassir apparently really gets after it on defense, can handle the ball, and seems like a smart guy with good tools.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wanted Jontay Porter this year with our 30 or 34 until he withdrew.

Spurs really liked him, would've had to be a small trade up or at 19.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Porter is a guy who could be a target with that Cleveland pick if it conveys though.  He's a big that can shoot the ball, and he has good fundamental defensive abilities even if he isn't the best athlete or a rim protector.  He's a better prospect than his much more over hyped brother.  Daniel Gafford and Jontay Porter would actually be a pretty good haul as far as bigs in next year's draft.

I expect the Dallas pick to land ~9-10 and if he drops weight he could play himself into that range easily. Not a strong class, it'll likely be similar to 2016 except no Ben Simmons level prospect.

• Premium Member

Ok... After having time to really digest what went on, this was a swing for the fences... but may be a wift.   Trae has experience with AAU and a lot of mixed teams so in a way he has proven his metal.   The trade #3 for #5/1st rounder next year... is actually a great tread.   My problem is that I don't know if Trae was the right player to take this swing with. 

Sexton and Gilgeous-Alexander may be better pro style PGs.   Simply due to size and defense.  I hate that we missed out on Lonnie Walker IV and Mo Bomba.. Those guys will be stars in this league.   The only thing that we can say for sure is that if Trae fails, we will be in the lottery again next year... and we may also have Dallas' pick which I project to be around 13 or so. 

Next Year... R.J. Barrett is looking real good. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ok... After having time to really digest what went on, this was a swing for the fences... but may be a wift.   Trae has experience with AAU and a lot of mixed teams so in a way he has proven his metal.   The trade #3 for #5/1st rounder next year... is actually a great tread.   My problem is that I don't know if Trae was the right player to take this swing with. 

Sexton and Gilgeous-Alexander may be better pro style PGs.   Simply due to size and defense.  I hate that we missed out on Lonnie Walker IV and Mo Bomba.. Those guys will be stars in this league.   The only thing that we can say for sure is that if Trae fails, we will be in the lottery again next year... and we may also have Dallas' pick which I project to be around 13 or so. 

Next Year... R.J. Barrett is looking real good. 

Disagree.  SGA and Sexton are nowhere near Trae Young with their play making ability.  It's not even close.  As far as size, yes, SGA is 6'6", but he also weighs about the same as Trae Young does right now.  Sexton is bigger, but he's neither a play maker for his teammates or a defender.  Trae Young is an elite play maker.  As much grief as you give Dennis for not being a "true point guard", I'm a little surprised that your opinion has Sexton and SGA as better point guards than Young.  Of the three, Young is the only one who is a "true point guard".  

With Doncic not playing in Summer League ( so that he can rest after a long Euroleague season ), the Hawks may have dodged a bullet.  Dallas may want to work him vs legit American athletes to judge exactly where he is as a player.  If he's not ready, no sense in getting him embarrassed or diminished in Summer League.

59 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I actually think Porter is a lottery player this year or at least he has to believe he will be. That’s the only reason I can see him going back. He would’ve been drafted around 15-20 this year.

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

I actually think Porter is a lottery player this year or at least he has to believe he will be. That’s the only reason I can see him going back. He would’ve been drafted around 15-20 this year.

I don't think he would have gone that high.  I think he's probably in the 10-15 range next year considering that the 2019 draft is going to be bad all around, IMO.

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

He's going to get dinged for not being a great athlete, but if you look at how Golden State has drafted and how Travis has drafted in Atlanta, they don't overrate athleticism when compared to skill level.    Curry, Thompson, Green, Young, Huerter.....none are "elite" athletes.  

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Seriously.  KB and I have butted heads a lot this year but give it up to him on this.  He nailed it.  No shame in giving him credit where credit is due.

As the draft unfolded, It was bugging me knowing he did get his prediction right lol. Still he's stubborn as a mule. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With Doncic not playing in Summer League ( so that he can rest after a long Euroleague season ), the Hawks may have dodged a bullet.  Dallas may want to work him vs legit American athletes to judge exactly where he is as a player.  If he's not ready, no sense in getting him embarrassed or diminished in Summer League.

You think he is afraid of summer league competition after posting highlights against OKC, Olympic level competition like Gasol, Porzingis, etc?

This attempt to poor mouth Doncic is just getting sad.

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

Jontay can also put the ball on the floor as well.  I seen some of his high school highlights where he is running  the break.

Michael Cunningham stated Schlenk said they traded away the 34th pick because the guys they liked that were available played the same positions of what they had already drafted.  I guess they didn't like Issac Bonga or Rodions Kurucs who are listed as Small Fowards not Shooting guard or Point guard.

• Premium Member
On 6/22/2018 at 6:51 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't think he'd play SL even if on the Hawks (I was hoping the Hawks would sit him out)  not after just finishing playing that many Euro league games while the college players haven't played a meaningful game since March. SL starts in 2 weeks. It's more important for him to be ready for the start of the Dallas camp.