• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

hace 37 minutos, gurpilo dijo:

Lol seeing again my comments, funny to see how things were different than expected. I really thought there were a clear top 3, Doncic and Ayton are franchise players, well Doncic is looking like a Bonafide Star, I wanted him so hard... he was really my choice and I have a hard time accepting we traded him. Bagley’s constant injuries have delayed his development but I still think he is going to be special.

on the other 3 JJJ is looking as I thought, Porter Jr is starting to look like a really good player and Bamba has failed all expectations, I even wanted him over JJJ. Of course I was not suggesting to take Porter Jr with our pick.

What really was a surprise for me was the offensive explosion of Young, I really thought we were getting a inefficient offensive player, Marbury clone, and a liability on defense. Clearly I was wrong as he has been much more efficient on offense and he makes his mates better, something I was not expecting at all. On defense he is as expected but he is a leader and someone you can build around. I am glad he is with us.

Anyway 2 years after I would still draft and keep Doncic, I think he is going to be a HOF player and someone  that can take a team to a title. I have more doubts with Trae, his defense is something that still concerns me but too early to tell, I hope next year we can evaluate him with a decent roster around. Also after 2 years the top 3 is quite different Doncic, Young and Ayton are the clear top 3, JJJ and Bagley following them.

Also I have to say that I was completely right with Robinson and I am still intrigued by a lineup of Schröder, Doncic, Prince, Collins and Robinson wirh Huerter coming of the bench.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is bullshit, my opinion vastly changed leading into the draft. I said it a lot that I wasn't high on Young till late May when I had more of a chance to review his game. @Spud2nique can verify that. This thread can as well. 

You can go to RealGM. I had him outside of the top 20 as a prospect till March. He like Tyler Herro was late raisers when I had a chance to really watch their film. 

I agree here because scouts have changes of opinions from the beginning of the draft process up until the last minute of the draft so why is it wrong if ya fans do as well. 

Yes, Bamba had the potential but as the draft process got closer I do remember Supes wanting him 4th or 5th overall. 

Bamba was trying to fool people with knowledge of the NBA that he had about teams needing certain positions and likened himself to Deke and wanted us to draft him. Right then and there I got a bit scared and worried and most likely Supes as well at some point through the process knew that there were better prospects out there for us.

Yes realgm has a record of it too. I was a Doncic #1 guy and I think I had Trae 4th or 5th. Again though, I’m happy about the way things turned out. You can disagree with me if you want, but Trae is the better player and it will show itself in 5 years or so. Doncic is absolute quality but I freakin love 💗 Trae now. Trae earned my respect ✊🏾 from day 1.

• Like 1

That’s funny.  I knew the entire time that Bamba would be a net negative player who may offer some positive with rim protection while being a net negative overall defender with a complete zero offensive game.  He simply never showed any sort of skill level.  

I also knew that Bagley would struggle a lot with is transition, as he had a limited skill set offensively and was an atrocious defensive prospect.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree here because scouts have changes of opinions from the beginning of the draft process up until the last minute of the draft so why is it wrong if ya fans do as well. 

Yes, Bamba had the potential but as the draft process got closer I do remember Supes wanting him 4th or 5th overall. 

Bamba was trying to fool people with knowledge of the NBA that he had about teams needing certain positions and likened himself to Deke and wanted us to draft him. Right then and there I got a bit scared and worried and most likely Supes as well at some point through the process knew that there were better prospects out there for us.

Yes realgm has a record of it too. I was a Doncic #1 guy and I think I had Trae 4th or 5th. Again though, I’m happy about the way things turned out. You can disagree with me if you want, but Trae is the better player and it will show itself in 5 years or so. Doncic is absolute quality but I freakin love 💗 Trae now. Trae earned my respect ✊🏾 from day 1.

I think its fair to say Trae + Reddish > Doncic.  At this point, its tough to call the Doncic vs Trae though because

1) as proven last night...Doncic has had a far superior cast around him and 

2) until Reddish fully develops, there is no calling the value of the trade down. but I'm with you. I think we won that.

20 minutes ago, DBac said:

All those JJJ vs Bamba/Bagley arguments.

JJJ by far the best of the 3. 😎

I think its also fair to say though that had we gone JJJ at 3 and passed on Doncic, Young, there would have been criticism going forward for 20 years.  I think all in that argument were wrong....maybe KB the least wrong but all would have drafted that wrong.

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s funny.  I knew the entire time that Bamba would be a net negative player who may offer some positive with rim protection while being a net negative overall defender with a complete zero offensive game.  He simply never showed any sort of skill level.  

I also knew that Bagley would struggle a lot with is transition, as he had a limited skill set offensively and was an atrocious defensive prospect.

I'm still not 100% sure he's a bust. I think he's been on one of the worst teams possible for his development.  Give him to Pop and he'd be a a very good player at some point. Surround him with shooters and he can just focus on putbacks and defense and his numbers would be much better. His current situation is not optimal.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is bullshit, my opinion vastly changed leading into the draft. I said it a lot that I wasn't high on Young till late May when I had more of a chance to review his game. @Spud2nique can verify that. This thread can as well. 

You can go to RealGM. I had him outside of the top 20 as a prospect till March. He like Tyler Herro was late raisers when I had a chance to really watch their film. 

Triggered like a Millenial at a monster truck rally eating barbeque from a real pit smoker.....this is supposed to be fun.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Garbage.  Bagley was better than Collins in USA camp and he had a tremendous 2nd half of the season as a rookie. He's been injured all year this year. You were wrong on Bagley. 

Bamba been miscast due to coaching and system. He will flourish in a better situation. He was always drafted based on his unicorn potential. 

Right now, JJJ WAR is four times lower than Trae. That was your main guy right? Bagley is a monster, keep that same energy when he's healthy. 

• Premium Member
On 6/20/2018 at 7:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I have the perfect gif ready if he does...we should know about this time tomorrow who we picked.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:51 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

I scrolled through a few pages here and there, the best was the draft night meltdown after the trade starting on page 222. :laugh1:

Fun Times.

• Haha 4

On 6/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, kg01 said:

Its draft day, b*tches!!!!!

@hazer almos' beat a hole in his chest about it ...

Pumped

@JayBirdHawk and (the ghost of) @Lurker straight fan-gurlin' ...

The-Hills

@Gray Mule got started waaaay early ....

party hard

.. calm down, gray.  Draft's at 8pm, not am, bro.

@Spud2nique had to look up from his .... activities? to get hyphy ...

stoked

Looks like @MaceCase is ..... real excited?  Hey, what's that white powder around yer nose, bro ...

Super Excited

Looks like the beef between @NBASupes, @KB21 and @capstone21 was all for show ...

Cheering Minions

Not sure what TF @Buzzard is doing right now but it's pretty creepy ...

galv5Il

@AHF and @lethalweapon3 are all ....

Uncomfortable

'cause the rest o' yall is lit ....

Party Time

OBTW, hawksfanatic and dolf getting krunk in limbo ...

asm

This was the most passionate draft in Hawks history. A wrong move would set us back ten years. While I admit, Bagley now would have been the wrong pick, @KB21, you need admit JJJ would have been the absolute wrong pick as well. 

Trae and Luka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JJJ or Bagley based on where the game is going. 

Thankfully we got Reddish with that Dallas 2019 pick. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

I remember liking Young early in that college basketball season, but he had me completely shook by his garbage final stretch and I was disappointed he was the pick. Admitted I was wrong and honestly I'm surprised at this point. I thought he could maybe be good, but didn't think at any point that he'd be putting out the things he did at Oklahoma, well he has this season. Hopefully, at some point, he doesn't have to do that, and can average more around 24 and 10+.

Felt Doncic was going to be good and was quite safe but I missed on how good. I'd honestly feel better about passing if how bad Schlenk looks at team building didn't have me shook right now, he legit is giving me memories of Coppy for the Braves and there were points where I felt like if he wasn't busted, he'd have failed at team building in going from rebuild to competing team (and honestly I wonder if Acuna's explosion partially bailed out that rebuild, although we can say it worked). I like using analytics as a tool, but maybe use your eyes paired with analytics too. It was obvious how important Dedmon was overall, and promoting Len to that spot and not replacing his production...how was that supposed to end well?

Really, really hated Bamba, so far I look correct here.

Was not a fan of JJJ, this year however he looks interesting to me if you wouldn't have to deal with heartbreak in dealing for him.

Was kinda eh on Bagley. Not sure how to feel here about his career so far.

Overall though I think this turns out as a great draft if we're honest.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 4

hace 22 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Bagley has the most star potential. 

Bamba still has the highest potential

JJJ still has the most two way potential. 

Bamba and JJJ got damn near the same WAR

hace 25 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Garbage.  Bagley was better than Collins in USA camp and he had a tremendous 2nd half of the season as a rookie. He's been injured all year this year. You were wrong on Bagley. 

Bamba been miscast due to coaching and system. He will flourish in a better situation. He was always drafted based on his unicorn potential. 

Right now, JJJ WAR is four times lower than Trae. That was your main guy right? Bagley is a monster, keep that same energy when he's healthy. 

I agree, Bagley is going to be a star, injuries have affected his performance this year but he showed what he can do last year on February and March. The top 3 was clear, Ayton is a little worst than expected and Doncic has clearly exceeded the expectations. 
out of the top 3 Young has clearly exceeded the expectations, JJJ has performed as expected and we need to wait for Porter Jr and Bamba. Porter Jr is starting to show up  but he will be brought slowly and Bamba... I would not delete him yet but so far he is clearly a disappointment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This was the most passionate draft in Hawks history. A wrong move would set us back ten years. While I admit, Bagley now would have been the wrong pick, @KB21, you need admit JJJ would have been the absolute wrong pick as well. 

Trae and Luka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JJJ or Bagley based on where the game is going. 

Thankfully we got Reddish with that Dallas 2019 pick. 

KB21 had Doncic as his top guy thoughout.

He had

1.Doncic

2.JJJ  

3.Young

Just now, bleachkit said:

KB21 had Doncic as his top guy thoughout.

He had

1.Doncic

2.JJJ  

3.Young

Naw, he can't get out of this one. He was fighting tooth and nail for JJJ while I was fighting for Bagley. When Bagley was clearly going #2. He still was pushing for JJJ while I was open to Luka/Trae/Bamba. He isn't getting out of this one much less his Zion Williamson hate. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, he can't get out of this one. He was fighting tooth and nail for JJJ while I was fighting for Bagley. When Bagley was clearly going #2. He still was pushing for JJJ while I was open to Luka/Trae/Bamba. He isn't getting out of this one much less his Zion Williamson hate. 

He pretty famously predicted we'd take Trae and Huerter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I scrolled through a few pages here and there, the best was the draft night meltdown after the trade starting on page 222. :laugh1:

Fun Times.

I called Schlenk a f******* bust!  I was hot about that trade.

Glad Schlenk made the deal now though.  

Hopefully,  Cam will make that jump too. 

• Haha 2