• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

Lots of crying about the trade.  Also, noticed that a lot of posters liked Bamba and JJJ.

Posters didn't know at the time that the Hawks got Cam Reddish in the deal.  That makes things much better.  

Some thought Trae was a worthless pick who couldn't survive in the NBA.  

:smug:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Acie Law 2.0! 

Hides from @Sothron... :laugh:

I missed on JJJ in that draft but I got some right with Luka, Trae, Bagley, Porter Jr. ( he is looking like a steal these days ) and I nailed SGA as my sleeper PG over Sexton in the top 10.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 2/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, sturt said:

Getting on the record with my too-early draft preference:

With our higher 1st, Tyrese Haliburton

With our lower 1st, Vernon Carey, Jr.

Dang, can you imagine the spacing w/ Trae and Tyrese on the court at the same time?

I don't think Carey will end up dropping down to us with that lower 1st, but then again, we might not even have a lower 1st by then.

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2020 at 1:41 PM, NBASupes said:

This was the most passionate draft in Hawks history. A wrong move would set us back ten years. While I admit, Bagley now would have been the wrong pick, @KB21, you need admit JJJ would have been the absolute wrong pick as well. 

Trae and Luka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JJJ or Bagley based on where the game is going. 

Thankfully we got Reddish with that Dallas 2019 pick. 

I realized quickly  my mistake of having Bagley as my #1 overall guy. 

What's crazy is @KB21 wasn't exactly wrong so far with Bagley III. He's been closer to right. Same for me. JJJ finished the RS with a 0.4 WAR and Marvin with a 0.2 WAR. Both players haven't really shown to be impactful players at all. At least with JJJ, he does what you need modern bigs to do but he's a poor man's Myles Turner right now. Both players awareness is a lot lower than people projected. Both could still be good players, heck, Bagley could end of very good but Bags could be out the league in 5 years and JJJ as a backup big man.