• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It all depends on whether or not his epiphyseal plates are sealed up.  If they are still open, then there is still some growth potential.

When Schlenk did his breakdown on the top 5 on his board, he mentioned that JJJ's plates were still open so he can grow another 2". Nothing mentioned about Trae and his plates.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It all depends on whether or not his epiphyseal plates are sealed up.  If they are still open, then there is still some growth potential.

The main plates Rayford needs to worry about are dinner plates .. pause for canned laughter.

I do have a serious question though.  Is there any concern with a guy like JJJ who's still growing amidst all the weightlifting and rigorous physical abuse he's about to undergo?  I always harken back to Jonathan Bender who says he's been told that going through all that at a young age contributed to his injury history/short career.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The main plates Rayford needs to worry about are dinner plates .. pause for canned laughter.

I do have a serious question though.  Is there any concern with a guy like JJJ who's still growing amidst all the weightlifting and rigorous physical abuse he's about to undergo?  I always harken back to Jonathan Bender who says he's been told that going through all that at a young age contributed to his injury history/short career.

As long as no one tries to turn him into a body builder, vigorous strength training will cause him no harm.  

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shouldn’t train with weights before 18 years of age imo..calisthenics is certainly encouraged though. 

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

As long as no one tries to turn him into a body builder, vigorous strength training will cause him no harm.  

What Bender explained IIRC was that actually playing heavy minutes, in addition to the weight training, etc., while he was still growing was the basis for the issues. I always think back to that when I hear a kid drafted who's still growing.

I imagine, after Bender, NBA docs are more in tune with that potential issue though.

Sorry to interrupt your day.  I imagine you're a couple hours into an epic yacht rock session on XM radio right about now.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Shouldn’t train with weights before 18 years of age imo..calisthenics is certainly encouraged though. 

Mmhmm, it's why I didn't let my daughter do gymnastics.  That's a weird world.  Plus she's too busy straight beastin' foos on the soccer thing.

As a related aside, I went to a kid's track meet in FL and them kids are all juicing.  They have to be.  It's ridiculous.  These kids are 6 to 10 years old and are cut like freaking Terrell Owens was.  Not normal, "parents".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What Bender explained IIRC was that actually playing heavy minutes, in addition to the weight training, etc., while he was still growing was the basis for the issues. I always think back to that when I hear a kid drafted who's still growing.

I imagine, after Bender, NBA docs are more in tune with that potential issue though.

Sorry to interrupt your day.  I imagine you're a couple hours into an epic yacht rock session on XM radio right about now.

Mmhmm, it's why I didn't let my daughter do gymnastics.  That's a weird world.  Plus she's too busy straight beastin' foos on the soccer thing.

As a related aside, I went to a kid's track meet in FL and them kids are all juicing.  They have to be.  It's ridiculous.  These kids are 6 to 10 years old and are cut like freaking Terrell Owens was.  Not normal, "parents".

I royally pissed off the mom of a kid I treated 2-3 years ago who was a 13 year old pitcher with elbow pain.  This was sometime in July, and I shut him down.  I told the mom that I would not clear him to get back to competitive pitching for 6 months.   I put him in physical therapy for 6 weeks, and then had the therapist come up with a throwing routine for him.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I royally pissed off the mom of a kid I treated 2-3 years ago who was a 13 year old pitcher with elbow pain.  This was sometime in July, and I shut him down.  I told the mom that I would not clear him to get back to competitive pitching for 6 months.   I put him in physical therapy for 6 weeks, and then had the therapist come up with a throwing routine for him.  

Good for you. Overworking these kids like professionals, smh.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Good for you. Overworking these kids like professionals, smh.

But what did he prescribe himself for that torn shoulder he sustained in patting himself on the back?  Heigh-ohhhhh :cool:  C'mon, you laughed KBToys.

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sports parents are crazy.  Crazy.  She probably got a second opinion and the kid was back on the mound in a week.  #ScrewDrKBToys

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ya we got a couple kids in the bay that have been juicing as well..since 2012..scurry and Kray kray..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

:approved:

In my expert (Ha) opinion, Kevin Huerter will be just as good as Luka Doncic !!

Just remember this.  You heard it here first..

:air_kiss:

Stirring the pot I see. I secretly agree with you though

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

He was the same height in high school. He is done growing, and probably has been for some time. He's a good player, but he ain't getting taller, sorry.