• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder: Dwight Howard Only Plays Well Against Former Teams

Wurider05

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2764878-dennis-Schröder-dwight-howard-only-plays-well-against-former-teams

After Thursday's 129-117 loss to the Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Hawksguard Dennis Schröder sounded off about Hornets center and former teammate Dwight Howard

According to KL Chouinard of Hawks.com, Schröder said Howard only plays well when he faces his former teams:

Dennis Schröder on Dwight Howard:

"He plays always great against his former team. Credit to him too, but that's like four games each year, you know? Houston, LA, us. I think he's always giving his best there but the others games he <shrugs>."

On Thursday, Howard led all scorers with 33 points to go along with 12 rebounds, two blocks and two steals. He also converted seven of his eight free-throw attempts.

In four games against Atlanta this season, Howard is averaging 22.8 points and 13.5 rebounds.

The 32-year-old Howard is enjoying a strong season with the Hornets, as he is averaging 16.5 points, 12.1 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game.

Since an eight-year stint with the Orlando Magic, who drafted him No. 1 overall in 2004, that yielded six All-Star nods and one trip to the NBA Finals, Howard has also played for the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets.

There may be some credence to Schröder's claims since Howard has good career numbers in 14 games against Orlando with 19.1 points and 12.9 rebounds per contest. The only team he averages more points against is the Toronto Raptors.

His numbers have slipped significantly compared to what he did during his prime, but Howard remains a productive center, especially on the glass.

Howard is the top career rebounder among active players, and he is 17th on the all-time NBA list. He is also the top active shot-blocker, and he ranks 18th all-time.

A championship has eluded him and he hasn't been able to successfully stand alone as a go-to player since leaving the Magic, but Howard has put together what may be a Hall of Fame resume.

Schröder, meanwhile, is in his fifth NBA season, and the 24-year-old is enjoying a career year for the struggling Hawks with 19.2 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game.

I am laughing my ass off!!!!!

• Like 3

It really seems like he's extra pissed off in this case because he feels like Dennis Schröder was the only issue in Atlanta. Truth is, Dennis is an issue, but you can remove him for any top 15 PG and Dwight Howard would have still not made last year's team better.

bet

6 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Yeah he should have a big game against a Young rookie center.   where was those numbers against Gortat last year in the playoffs?

We all know that the Hawks didn't even begin to try to feature Dwight prominently in the offense during the playoffs.  Gortat got the best of Dwight for 2 games, then was subsequently shut completely down.   Bud's offense is allergic to post plays, as seen this year by the post touches of John Collins.  Also add the fact that gurads couldn't ( or wouldn't ) feed the ball into the post.

It is what it is though. Hawk fans just need to stop acting like Dwight was garbage last year, and is a garbage player overall.  That dude is still an impact player and a top 10 center.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dwight is very good at what he does well and very bad at what he doesn't. No longer has a significant impact on a team's record.  He is far from worthless but needs to just be taken for what he is.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Dwight is very good at what he does well and very bad at what he doesn't. No longer has a significant impact on a team's record.  He is far from worthless but needs to just be taken for what he is.  

If you used a broom to rake the yard, you will be very disappointed.   However, if you used a broom for it's rightful purpose, you will be pleased.   We brought in Howard and tried to make him play the way that Horford played and then paired him with a selfish PG who doesn't care about post play.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If you used a broom to rake the yard, you will be very disappointed.   However, if you used a broom for it's rightful purpose, you will be pleased.   We brought in Howard and tried to make him play the way that Horford played and then paired him with a selfish PG who doesn't care about post play.

Charlotte is now using the broom as a broom and went from a positive point differential last year to a negative point differential this year.  I don't blame Howard for that.  It more goes to the limited impact he has on the game anymore.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Charlotte is now using the broom as a broom and went from a positive point differential last year to a negative point differential this year.  I don't blame Howard for that.  It more goes to the limited impact he has on the game anymore.

I also don't want to pay my broom 20+ million a year when other teams are paying vacuum cleaners less.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Charlotte.. also has NO SHOOTERS.  They rank 21st in 3pters per game and 26th in FG%.

That means that their outside shooting and midrange shooting is crap.   Rebounding they are 4th in the league and Off Rebounding they are 10th.   That means that they get a lot of second chance shots and take away a lot.. but if you're 26th in the league in FG% then those 2nd chance shoots goes for shit.   The proof in that is that they are 23rd in FGs made. 

Think about that.. they are pulling down offensive rebounds better than 2/3rds of the league and yet, they are scoring worse than 2/3rd of the league?

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I also don't want to pay my broom 20+ million a year when other teams are paying vacuum cleaners less.

What would you call Plumlee in this scenerio??  I guess we have a 12 Million dollar floor buffer than don't work.  And over his time left on contract, we will pay Plumlee more than we would have paid Howard.  That's the dumb shit.