• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No . . because you always have the Sacramento model

2014 - Nik Stauskas ( 8th ) . . . still on the board:  Dario Saric, Zack Lavine, Gary Harris . . and the one everyone missed on Nikola Jokic ( 2nd rd )

2015 - Willie Cauley-Stein ( 5th ) . . . still on the board:  Devin Booker, Myles Turner

2016 - Marquese Chriss ( 8th ), traded for Bodgan Bodganovic . .  still on the board:  Malcolm Brogdon, Taurean Prince

2017 - DeAaron Fox ( 5th ) - still on the board:  Donovan Mitchell, Dennis Smith, John Collins

I find the last section the most interesting, because you said Dennis Smith. To me honestly, BOTH Fox and Smith Jr have very similar fundamental issues. I like both but neither are positively contributing NBA players at the moment, and Smith Jr is actually even more in the neg than Fox. However, if you're a PG, it truly does take a while to develop.

The actual story with the teams that perennially stay bad, is they legitimately have bad management and you can't figure out if you do or not in one season. They miss on their picks or even if they hit at least one, they rush the rebuild.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No . . because you always have the Sacramento model

2014 - Nik Stauskas ( 8th ) . . . still on the board:  Dario Saric, Zack Lavine, Gary Harris . . and the one everyone missed on Nikola Jokic ( 2nd rd )

2015 - Willie Cauley-Stein ( 5th ) . . . still on the board:  Devin Booker, Myles Turner

2016 - Marquese Chriss ( 8th ), traded for Bodgan Bodganovic . .  still on the board:  Malcolm Brogdon, Taurean Prince

2017 - DeAaron Fox ( 5th ) - still on the board:  Donovan Mitchell, Dennis Smith, John Collins

Too  bad they are picking behind us this year

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Lurker said:

I find the last section the most interesting, because you said Dennis Smith. To me honestly, BOTH Fox and Smith Jr have very similar fundamental issues. I like both but neither are positively contributing NBA players at the moment, and Smith Jr is actually even more in the neg than Fox. However, if you're a PG, it truly does take a while to develop.

The actual story with the teams that perennially stay bad, is they legitimately have bad management and you can't figure out if you do or not in one season. They miss on their picks or even if they hit at least one, they rush the rebuild.

Like trading an unprotected future pick for past his prime Rajon Rondo because you want to rush the rebuild and win now?

• Like 1