• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

53 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is a lie.  No one had Embiid as the #1 overall prospect, well, except for me.  Everyone, but me, had Wiggins as the top guy, and anyone that says otherwise is trust practicing revisionist history.  Of course, that draft was hyped up similar to this one as well, and I imagine the results will be similar.

100% wrong. Embiid was the front runner to go #1 before his injury.

• Like 1

Embiid moved like a gazille at Kansas while showing off the dream shake and the ability to hit 3’s. To say he wasn’t projected  to be the top pick is comical. He was a generational prospect in every sense. Injuries dropped him to Philly. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The Foot Injury.

Bucks don't want him.

Some would have called him a steal at No. 2 just days ago. He sat perched atop most mock drafts for months after showcasing a skill set similar to that of Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon. 

Red flags were already surrounding Embiid because of prior issues with his back and knee. The foot injury has only made things worse and provided more questions than answers about his basketball future, as noted by Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders:

His skills has always been better than his health.     Maybe he was legit #1 overall going into June... 

But then again, who wants the next Greg Oden, Sam Bowie, Marcus Camby type..  Always injured?

The tell of Sam Bowie has to be playing loudly in the ears of most GMs.

• Premium Member

KB, I feel a lesson coming on. 

It's not draft lottery day.. and maybe draft lottery day will save us.  But I feel like we're about to get punked.  We're already back to #4.  My prediction...

Lakers move up to #1 overall. 

Clippers move up to #3 overall. 

We fall back to #6 overall. 

We pick  trae Young...   And we're back into the lottery next year. 

34 minutes ago, DBac said:

Not to delve into personal lives but he’s a grown man/doctor. Just has strong opinions 

I don't care what he does or says he does, but do you think I believe he's actually in his mom's basement? It's a joke based on a common stereotype of internet trolls. Not saying he is one.. don't ban me. Lol. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DBac said:

Not to delve into personal lives but he’s a grown man/doctor. Just has strong opinions 

He was joking. KB is a really good dude. This is really just us playing around. That's why I refuse to block KB. It's all love. Hes a good dude at heart. This is just a passionate family.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Braves got the best infield in baseball, a solid outfield with the best prospect coming soon, gonna sign Bryce Harper, good pitching and still loaded in the minors. 

Do you think the Hawks can hit home runs in this draft and next year, be loaded like Boston and be ready for a dynasty? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Process this!   The Tankers just lost home court advantage and now have to go to a place where they haven’t won in 2 years.  

Wait....a...minute. Aren’t you the guy always dogging the 76ers for their tank strategy ? And now those dudes look primed to make a run even without their best player. With our old scrubs playing like All Stars at that!

Edited by EazyRoc

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He was joking. KB is a really good dude. This is really just us playing around. That's why I refuse to block KB. It's all love. Hes a good dude at heart. This is just a passionate family.

He’s literally single-handedly keeping the Squawk alive during a crappy ass season. We’d have nothing to talk about...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Wait....a...minute. Aren’t you the guy always dogging the 76ers for their tank strategy ? And now those dudes look primed to make a run even without their best player. With our old scrubs playing like All Stars at that!

Poised to make a run?   More like poised to get run out of the playoffs in the first round.  

So we needed another tank thread?

No, the Hawk's tank won't work in that the ultimate goal is a championship.  Teams that "tank" don't win it all. There are too many other teams competing for that spot. 14 teams don't make the playoffs. 

Luck, market and front offices win a championship. Go back to the Bulls dynasty.  They were extremely lucky Jordan fell to them at 3. Their office was very crafty in getting Pippin. Their market played a big role in their being able to draw and keep remaining talent in Chicago.  Drafting 1st, purposely tanking had nothing to do with it.  The Heat championships....market + aggressive front office. GS championships, Luck + front office. Years of Laker championships.....one helluva front office. San Antonio's championships you can blame squarely on luck.  The David Robinson injury and other problems that year that led a playoff team to fall deep into the lottery led to teaming an aging Robinson with a young Tim Duncan, creating an atmosphere that drew the top talent. The market and city is awesome. If it was as simple as losing for 3 years straight, everyone would do it.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Braves got the best infield in baseball, a solid outfield with the best prospect coming soon, gonna sign Bryce Harper, good pitching and still loaded in the minors. 

Do you think the Hawks can hit home runs in this draft and next year, be loaded like Boston and be ready for a dynasty? 

Saying that the Braves tanked worked, is like saying that the Hawks were right in signing Dwight Howard in 2016, because they began the season 9 - 2.   Let's pump the brakes on the Braves and see where they are by the All-Star break.

• Like 3