• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woj possibly hinting at the Hawks?

MaceCase

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m starting to wonder if ressler is bad for the hawks...maybe even worse than the ASG.

at first i thought ressler wasn’t really involved but I second guess that . the ASG wasn’t a great ownership group and they were cheap as all hell but they didn’t push away the good they had so for that i give them big props.

ressler very well could be an ego maniac behind the scenes.

Ressler is definitely the reason they signed Dwight Howard.  He felt there was a marketing opportunity by bringing Howard "home", and signing him was pretty much demanded by Ressler.  Bud wanted to resign Horford instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ressler is definitely the reason they signed Dwight Howard.  He felt there was a marketing opportunity by bringing Howard "home", and signing him was pretty much demanded by Ressler.  Bud wanted to resign Horford instead.

I believe it!

and knowing how bud felt about the decision from Ressler I wouldn’t be shocked if Ressler is the reason bud wants out even more so than the tanking.

I believe hawk fans where tricked and schlenk took the fall cause he was new but ressler finger prints are all over this shit.

not saying schlenk doesn’t want to tank but I think ressler showing his authority and not being a basketball guy is and has gotten under buds skin more so than schlenk coming here to tank. ...it explains why bud would go to Phx in a tougher western conference as well.

Edited by JTB

17 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe it!

and knowing how bud felt about the decision from Ressler I wouldn’t be shocked if Ressler is the reason bud wants out even more so than the tanking.

I believe hawk fans where tricked and schlenk took the fall cause he was new but ressler finger prints are all over this shit.

not saying schlenk doesn’t want to tank but I think ressler showing his authority and not being a basketball guy is and has gotten under buds skin more so than schlenk coming here to tank. ...it explains why bud would go to Phx in a tougher western conference as well.

Oh, I do not doubt that there is strain between Ressler and Bud, but I think the ultimate reason is the decision to bottom out.  Most coaches aren't going to be on board with that.  Pheonix is also much further along in their rebuild than the Hawks, and a coach like Bud can make a significant difference with that team, a team that has been very poorly coached for a while now.  In Phoenix, Bud sees a team that is finally ready to commit to doing things to win, and I imagine they will be players in free agency this off season.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Oh, I do not doubt that there is strain between Ressler and Bud, but I think the ultimate reason is the decision to bottom out.  Most coaches aren't going to be on board with that.  Pheonix is also much further along in their rebuild than the Hawks, and a coach like Bud can make a significant difference with that team, a team that has been very poorly coached for a while now.  In Phoenix, Bud sees a team that is finally ready to commit to doing things to win, and I imagine they will be players in free agency this off season.  

Now see these are good comments that I don’t see many posters necessarily disagreeing with you on lol....”not too far fetched but right on the money”

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I still think you have to blame the owner, at the end of the day it was HIS decision to bottom out. You think he hired Schlenk without discussing what they were planning on doing this year? 

And if it's true that Ressler is the owner who yelled at Bud then we are screwed for as long as he's owner. Doesn't matter if we decided to tank or not when your ownership sucks your team will never be successful. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

I still think you have to blame the owner, at the end of the day it was HIS decision to bottom out. You think he hired Schlenk without discussing what they were planning on doing this year? 

And if it's true that Ressler is the owner who yelled at Bud then we are screwed for as long as he's owner. Doesn't matter if we decided to tank or not when your ownership sucks your team will never be successful. 

To add...Ressler is about the money and he came to the wrong franchise for that shit. Ressler is going to do his Dolan impression (Knicks 2.0) best he can and go after players with names in effort to get asses in seats.

he won’t succeed...little does he know but will soon find out that Atlanta sucks at grabbing the attention of star players.

and if stars learned about him I wouldn’t be shocked if they wouldn’t want to play for him if he’s going to have this much input on his team like Jerry Jones even if they did want to come to Atlanta.

i agree ressler isn’t a good owner in the short years we’ve had him. Learning that he forced Bud to sign Dwight is a huge uh oh . Not because it’s Dwight but because he only wanted it for marketing reasons.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is the type of stuff I'm talking about when I said that tanking make fans act irrationally.  If this story has any truth to it, and is one of the reasons why Bud is looking elsewhere, Ressler is a ( bleeping ) idiot.

You're dressing down one of the better coaches in the NBA, simply because you want a few extra chances at a top 3 pick?  

Then again, running Bud out of town will save a few dollars for him.

Good Post!!!  I think you have pretty well summed up our situation here.  Ressler = ASG.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Good Post!!!  I think you have pretty well summed up our situation here.  Ressler = ASG.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Arthur Blank needs to buy all Atlanta sports teams.  Period.  Atlanta is a breeding ground for dumbaxx owners!

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 4/18/2018 at 7:56 AM, Sothron said:

Exactly this. You don't tank for moral victories. Those idiotic wins at the end of the season have almost certainly locked us out of a top five pick.

We have an 87% chance to get a top 5 pick in the lottery.

• Like 2

Shlenk  stated before the season began that we were not rebuilding,  He stated that the team would play hard and if we won 30 games or more so be it.  In the beginning Shlenk wanted a "retool" of the roster but as the season went on, and maybe input from Ressler they went in the direction of tanking.

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Shlenk  stated before the season began that we were not rebuilding,  He stated that the team would play hard and if we won 30 games or more so be it.  In the beginning Shlenk wanted a "retool" of the roster but as the season went on, and maybe input from Ressler they went in the direction of tanking.

So, he's a liar.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, he's a liar.

Like everyone rebuilding who is smart enough to not draw a Mark Cuban fine, he lied about not wanting to lose games this season.  

Pretty sure only a handful of people took that at face value.  Pretty much everyone recognized it as coach speak like when the coach of the worst team in the league says he intends to lead his team to the playoffs that year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/19/2018 at 1:50 PM, Sothron said:

Call it the lifelong Atlanta sports fan in me but anything less than 99.9% chance feels like we will lose.

Yea, it seems like we always have a way of screwing things up.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, he's a liar.

14 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

That or he is easily influenced by his Boss.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Like everyone rebuilding who is smart enough to not draw a Mark Cuban fine, he lied about not wanting to lose games this season.  

Pretty sure only a handful of people took that at face value.  Pretty much everyone recognized it as coach speak like when the coach of the worst team in the league says he intends to lead his team to the playoffs that year.

Schlenk was smart enough to word it in a way not to draw the ire of Silver and get fined, as well as not having an attendance figure of zero. Many of us were prepared for the “retool”.