• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woj possibly hinting at the Hawks?

MaceCase

Between this and that owner who went to Wake Forest demanding we check out Collins ... ugh. I guess it can't be worse than the ASG.

I do believe he's referring to ATL. But let's not forget that Woj can exaggerate some stories. His opinion pieces are usually pretty over the top IMO.

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Woj on his pod (don't giggle) dropped a lil tidbit that may be referring to the Hawks.

Now the Hawks had road wins against the Wiz and Celts over the past week and if you go a lil farther back they beat the Jazz in Utah too.  You think Ressler tore Bud a new one leading Bud to be unwilling to continue in a hostile work environment?  Or is Woj referring to some other tank candidates?

That would certainly explain a lot of things.  It looks as though it might be "mutually beneficial" for Bud to part company with our *ahem* fine organization.   Then Ressler and Schlenk can bring in a yes-man patsy coach who will lose when directed to do so by the owner/management.  

• Like 1

Just now, Watchman said:

You really think that Bud could demand that these guys miss their shots, make more turnovers, etc.?

Bud didn't stick to the plan during the ending stretch of the season. Obviously with Ressler's response (speculation I know) of "what are you doing!?" Playing Prince 39 minutes, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Bud didn't stick to the plan during the ending stretch of the season. Obviously with Ressler's response (speculation I know) of "what are you doing!?" Playing Prince 39 minutes, etc.

What plan?  If Schlenk wanted them to lose every game, he should have gotten rid of every player who was even halfway decent.  Pro athletes and coaches hate to lose.  I certainly can't blame them.  If that turns out to be what pushed Bud out the door, I have nothing but disgust and disdain for the owner first and foremost, and his flunky GM.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm going with this guy. Sounds much more like his kind of tune.

james-dolan-ap2.jpg

Knix beat the Wiz and Cavs in recent weeks, effectively slipping in front of the Nyets in the standings, and behind those same Cavs in the Tank Rank. Horny got the Oakley treatment about the minute after the season ended.

~lw3

• Like 2

This is the type of stuff I'm talking about when I said that tanking make fans act irrationally.  If this story has any truth to it, and is one of the reasons why Bud is looking elsewhere, Ressler is a ( bleeping ) idiot.

You're dressing down one of the better coaches in the NBA, simply because you want a few extra chances at a top 3 pick?  

Then again, running Bud out of town will save a few dollars for him.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Pretty unclear at this point if this is the case.  I'm not going down the rabbit hole without more than this.  Seems like a vague statement intended to send 8 different fan bases into a tizzy.

I'm sure Dan Gilbert probably dressed down Kenny too.

• Like 2

This article breaks it down a little further:

Link

Given the information provided by Woj, and restricting “last several weeks” to the last three weeks of the regular season, here are the potentially inflammatory wins.

• March 25: Knicks - 101, Wizards - 97
  • March 26: Grizzlies - 101, Wolves - 93
  • April 6: Hawks - 103, Wizards - 97
  • April 8: Hawks - 112, Celtics - 106 
  • April 11: Knicks - 110, Cavaliers - 98

Those are the five likeliest candidates based on a strict reading of Woj’s little scoop. The Atlanta Hawks’ owners have the best case to be infuriated, since the team lost a shot at the second-worst record by inexplicably beating two playoff teams at the end of the season, then losing a coin flip against the Mavericks to finish with the fourth-best lottery odds.

• Premium Member

IF this is about the Hawks, Ressler needs to look at himself and Schlenk as being partly responsible for messing up the draft position.  You can't just look at what happened at the end of the season.  You have to look at what happened during the entire season.

If the objective was to maximize draft position while developing young players, why would you go out and sign guys like Dedmon, Illyasova and Bellineli?  Those few wins at the end of the season, at the hands of the young players, likely have no bearing if they hadn't brought in the veteran players who played large roles in winning games earlier in the season that were pointless and even more damaging to the objective.

• Like 2

I’m starting to wonder if ressler is bad for the hawks...maybe even worse than the ASG.

at first i thought ressler wasn’t really involved but I second guess that . the ASG wasn’t a great ownership group and they were cheap as all hell but they didn’t push away the good they had so for that i give them big props.

ressler very well could be an ego maniac behind the scenes.