• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Pistons's job is now open.

With the “President of Basketball Operations” stripped away from it, as it should be.

10 hours ago, terrell said:

Sixers lost by 8 points total in the last 2 games, to a good Boston team. (could easily be up 2-1 btw) Thats not being exposed.Thats what happens to young teams in the Playoffs. Now the Bucks on the other hand............................lol

Yea, my takeaway from the Sixers is execution, not coaching.  A lot of tight sphincters and complete brain farts by the players rather than a breakdown of coaching strategy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Schlenkums was on 92.9 just now, as expected, nothing earth-shaking.

* "Moving along" with the coaching search. Nothing transpired last night (Eastern Conference playoff series) that slowed the process down.

* No public timetable (despite media hints that a decision may come by the end of next week) on the conclusion of the process, aside from preferring to have a coach in place by the time of the Draft.

* "We have a certain demographic", a younger coach but with an established history with player development, that's "ready to slide over those 18 inches" to the HC chair.

* Spoke w/ "7 or 8" candidates, did background work on "5 or 6" more. They've narrowed the Candidate pool since to an unspecified number.

~lw3

• Like 1

I wonder if Van Gundy would be interested or if Schlenk/Ressler would be interested in him?  Would not think it will negatively impact the coaches we are considering as the Pistons should attract top tier candidates compared to us where best case 45 losses are practically a given for the next year or more.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

They aren't hiring a former HC. They intentionally want a young guy with this being his first HC position. They want their own Phiily Process situation with the coach. Let the coach grow with the young guys. Not going to count early season of losing against him unless he really can't develop the players or there's something else that happens.

Not to mention the fact that Van Gone-dy is kinda overrated as a coach anyways.  Plus he's not known as a guy that develops talent.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

I wonder if Van Gundy would be interested or if Schlenk/Ressler would be interested in him?  Would not think it will negatively impact the coaches we are considering as the Pistons should attract top tier candidates compared to us where best case 45 losses are practically a given for the next year or more.

I don't see it. Van Gundy would want to much control; and I think he proved his lack of patience with the Blake trade. If Griffin does not get through this season injury free, they will never be able to trade him and that monster contract.

11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I was never a fan of him or his bro

Me either but, then again, I'm also not a fan of Rick Carlisle which would probably surprise some folks.  He's a great coach but only when he has exactly the perfect roster.  Anything less than the perfect roster?  Eh.

• Like 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Me either but, then again, I'm also not a fan of Rick Carlisle which would probably surprise some folks.  He's a great coach but only when he has exactly the perfect roster.  Anything less than the perfect roster?  Eh.

aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme.jpg

• Like 2

• Admin
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I take it this means you agree with me wholeheartedly.  Thanks, cap21.

Also, looks like the HorCats have picked their guy ...

No, actually I think he is a great coach but just pointing out that he is Jim carrey

Glad the Hornets have their coach and its not Jay Larranaga ,,, I am hoping for him to be our next coach

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

No, actually I think he is a great coach but just pointing out that he is Jim carrey

Glad the Hornets have their coach and its not Jay Larranaga ,,, I am hoping for him to be our next coach

missed the joke

You have to forgive me, I'm new here.

On topic, I'm also glad Larranaga's still available if for no other reason than it means we get our choice rather than simply taking who's left then acting like he was our 1st pick.

After reading a bit on Lloyd, I'd be cool with him too.  Although the 6ers are being out-executed (not necessarily out-coached, shout out @MaceCase), Pierce has a good rep as a player devel. guy.

A con a read on Larranaga was the fact that it's quite possible the success they have is system-related and it's tied more to Stevens than the assistants.  Just food for thought.  I still like the guy.

• Like 2