• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford didnt want to do this in ATL

hylndr11

He did, he played with trash like Sap, Teague, Carroll, and Korver. Almost all of them are under starting level. He didn't have an elite coach. He didn't have a lot of top 5 picks he was playing. He was carrying bums. Horford is showing you what he is. Before he loses to Cleveland and LeBron. Remember, Boston still have no answer to LeBron. No one can defend LeBron and slow him at all. Bron will guard Morris and dominate. There is no answer for Boston to LeBron. This is just a better matchup for Boston than Cleveland will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Sap is a 4 time All Star, not trash. Teague and Korver also one time All Star players. Carroll was a good starting SF for us. You don't have to try and run down other players to prop up Horford.

Sap was a bench player on Utah when they were a playoff team. He was an impact level bench player stat wise this year for Denver. In Atlanta, last year, our bench is why we had a winning record as well as Tim going off v. Cleveland and Houston as several other games. Sap is the most overrated player and that's why Atlanta didn't bother to offer that guy a contract. Horford has always been our GOAT since Nique. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

I agree.  No need to dog people around Horford, to prop him up.   And people don't have to forget what Horford did while he was a Hawk.   Like it or not, he still made arguably the biggest play in the last 40 years of this franchise.

He was absolutely spectacular in this game.  If we lost this game, we probably lose the series.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sap was a bench player on Utah when they were a playoff team. He was an impact level bench player stat wise this year for Denver. In Atlanta, last year, our bench is why we had a winning record as well as Tim going off v. Cleveland and Houston as several other games. Sap is the most overrated player and that's why Atlanta didn't bother to offer that guy a contract. Horford has always been our GOAT since Nique. 

Stop it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is why nothing you say can be taken seriously.  Sap was the 2nd best power forward in the NBA in Atlanta.  

• Like 1

Careful he doesn’t tear his 3rd titty. Or get hit in the face with an errant free throw (joke my a$$)...

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't even know what to say. When you post one star stuff like this it makes me wonder if you have been hacked. Millsap played at All NBA levels at PF for us. He's the best player, along with Joe Johnson, we've had since Nique. If you want to put Horford as the third best player since then...sure. I'll give you that. But that's as far as I can give.

I'd rather have Millsap any day of the week over Al "Ow I hurt my shoulder again!" Horford.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't even know what to say. When you post one star stuff like this it makes me wonder if you have been hacked. Millsap played at All NBA levels at PF for us. He's the best player, along with Joe Johnson, we've had since Nique. If you want to put Horford as the third best player since then...sure. I'll give you that. But that's as far as I can give.

I'd rather have Millsap any day of the week over Al "Ow I hurt my shoulder again!" Horford.

Any season he played without Horford in Atlanta, he hasn't been that good. The Indy series is the best I've seen from Sap. He's always been a tweener who's best playing defense off the ball. That's what he is. He's not trash of course but he damn sure never needs to be mention with Al Horford ever again. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Any season he played without Horford in Atlanta, he hasn't been that good. The Indy series is the best I've seen from Sap. He's always been a tweener who's best playing defense off the ball. That's what he is. He's not trash of course but he damn sure never needs to be mention with Al Horford ever again. 

He was good in Utah before Atlanta and when he was healthy in Denver he was good last season. You can't be serious with this Sap hate you are putting out there.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He did, he played with trash like Sap, Teague, Carroll, and Korver. Almost all of them are under starting level. He didn't have an elite coach. He didn't have a lot of top 5 picks he was playing. He was carrying bums. Horford is showing you what he is. Before he loses to Cleveland and LeBron. Remember, Boston still have no answer to LeBron. No one can defend LeBron and slow him at all. Bron will guard Morris and dominate. There is no answer for Boston to LeBron. This is just a better matchup for Boston than Cleveland will be. 

Always excuses. He didn't play hard his last couple of years because he didn't want to be here. He might have stayed for the max, but his heart would have been elsewhere still. Besides, its not like he is out there totally outclassing Joel to start with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Al had 13 points and 6 rebounds tonight. He's seems to playing efficient, smart, heady ball but not dominant or anything. That sounds like the player we had for many years. I don't really understand the premise of this thread. 

People are seeing 3-0 and are getting ahead of themselves.

They're playing a young and upcoming team that isn't ready for the 3rd round of the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

He was good in Utah before Atlanta and when he was healthy in Denver he was good last season. You can't be serious with this Sap hate you are putting out there.

It's more about trying to put Horford over than it is hate directed at Sap. 

Sap showed decline this year probably, but he wanted to be here and he played hard when Al Whoreford wouldn't.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Always excuses. He didn't play hard his last couple of years because he didn't want to be here. He might have stayed for the max, but his heart would have been elsewhere still. Besides, its not like he is out there totally outclassing Joel to start with.

And please..... Both Joe and Sap were better as Hawks than anyone else on Boston other than Irving who isn't playing. So, please cut out the BS about Al not having enough help when he was here compared to what he has in Boston right now.

Oh, and Brad Stevens is not a HOF coach... He hasn't won anything yet.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

I guess Im missing something here ........... where was all this year after year when we were in the playoffs. 

Horford has always had this game. Brad Stevens knows how to put his players in position to succeed. That is inside or outside on offense, weak-side or stong-side on D. Stevens is all about creating bad match-ups and sees whats coming as the game flows. He gets Horford where he needs to be.

I also think those young players in Boston really look up to him. In Atlanta he was just another cog in Bud's wheel.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1