• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford didnt want to do this in ATL

hylndr11

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

He is averaging 18/8 for the playoffs. It isn't like he is playing at a record level. Good, but people are getting a little ahead of themselves.

I just looked over Horford's stats. One thing that is pretty obvious is Stevens gets more production out of Big Al in the playoffs ( past two seasons with Boston ) than any of our former coaches, including Bud.

Regular season stats are very similar; but come crunch time, it appears that Stevens leans on Horford for a little more.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

Had to log in (first time in months) to say how stupid of a thread this is. 

I still hate Al Horford so much. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, volman said:

Agreed, I avoided the thread altogether because I try to never look back on The Alice Whorefart Incident. But I’d read everything else and peeped in. I knew better...

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, hazer said:

Agreed, I avoided the thread altogether because I try to never look back on The Alice Whorefart Incident. But I’d read everything else and peeped in. I knew better...

Horford playing over his head. He is such a little bitch. I hate him. 

We made him who he is and because the Boston fans have nothing to cheer for (atlanta is a college sports town) he would rather play there. 

Glad he could get 5 points and 7 rebounds vs Tristan Thompson when he was here. 

Ok im triggered enough I’m out. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I just looked over Horford's stats. One thing that is pretty obvious is Stevens gets more production out of Big Al in the playoffs ( past two seasons with Boston ) than any of our former coaches, including Bud.

Regular season stats are very similar; but come crunch time, it appears that Stevens leans on Horford for a little more.

I agree with this. We had “Teague time” where everyone would clear out and give him his space. Al always had great assist numbers, and he got Josh a lot of great looks over their time together. Stevens seems to use his passing and overall knowledge of the game more than we did.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I agree with this. We had “Teague time” where everyone would clear out and give him his space. Al always had great assist numbers, and he got Josh a lot of great looks over their time together. Stevens seems to use his passing and overall knowledge of the game more than we did.

He just has more talent to play around than  he had in Atlanta thanks to Brooklyn 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Stevens seems to use his passing and overall knowledge of the game more than we did.

Stevens is a better coach than Pud.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, volman said:

Horford playing over his head. He is such a little bitch. I hate him. 

We made him who he is and because the Boston fans have nothing to cheer for (atlanta is a college sports town) he would rather play there. 

Glad he could get 5 points and 7 rebounds vs Tristan Thompson when he was here. 

Ok im triggered enough I’m out. 

I also agree with this too. Horford wasn’t able to take advantage of certain matchups in his time here. He’s a great player, but he was often average in the playoffs against certain players, like TT. We might not have been using him to his strengths like Boston is, but it was disappointing not seeing him deliver what we ‘knew’ he could do. I think @TheNorthCydeRises said, he made the biggest shot in franchise history. He always cared and was very active.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Stevens is a better coach than Pud.

It’s funny too, he was quoted saying he would show his teams how we played during that season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, volman said:

There isn't really a reason to HATE Al. But he didn't play as hard as he should have in his later time here. I'll never respect him because of that, but I don't hate him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

i've seen this too many times to be fooled. He's always been good until he ran into any LBJ led teams. He'll cower in fear like always and underperform

But isn't that the case for 98% of the players in this league?

I mean, who has beaten Lebron in the playoffs?  No one in the East in the past 7 years.  And in the West, it's only been Dirk, Steph, and Durant.

And Kawhi.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I mean, who has beaten Lebron in the playoffs?  No one in the East in the past 7 years.  And in the West, it's only been Dirk, Steph, and Durant.

SA beat Miami with LeBron as well, but the point here is that the team LeBron has been on has been to 7 straight championships.  If you are basing a player's worth on whether or not he can beat LeBron, then you are using a faulty metric to measure that player's worth.  It's also not a surprise that the teams who have beaten LeBron (Dallas, SA, GS) all were teams that actually played as a team and weren't catering to high usage players.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And Kawhi.

I had a really inappropriate Brian Windhorst joke but decided against posting it. #PersonalGrowth

On topic, I don't think Alice should be given the 'out' of "Oh, he only loses to Lebron teams."  Let's be honest here, that's the pet excuse of our beloved 'Supes who's President emeritus of the Horford Fan Club.  If the Seeees had lost to CHI last year (like they were supposed to), he would've moved the goal post accordingly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's not about beating LeBron. It's about not letting LeBron and TT take your manhood. Horford averaged 15.2 and 8.6 against everyone else in the playoffs the last 3 years, but he dropped to 12.7 and 4.15 vs. Cleveland. 54 rebounds in 13 games. The only fight he's shown is that half-hearted elbow drop on Delly and that probably lost us the game. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And Kawhi.

Dont forget Tim Duncan. ATG