• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off Topic: I'm having surgery tomorrow

KB21

I have a 4 cm nodule on my left thyroid that is benign, but due to the size, it has to be removed because it is pressing on some stuff.  So, I'm having a subtotal thyroidectomy tomorrow.  

While I'm recovering though, it will be good to watch these boys play in Omaha:

Hope it all goes well, broseph ..... and tell 'em, while they're in there, to take the stick outta yer ahhh nevermind, nevermind.

Hey, I'm just kidding. :happy:  Praying for a speedy recovery.  In the meantime, we'll be over here raking JJJ over the coals since you can't defend him.

• Like 2

Here’s to a smooth operation and speedy recovery. Someone as stubborn as you should have no problem pulling through this :boxing:

From a mental standpoint, the issue I am having is that I am used to being on the other side of this.  People come to me to get better.  I don't like being the patient.  It makes me feel like I have lost my control over the things.  

Being a bearer of knowledge also doesn't help.  I've assisted on thyroidectomies before, so I know what they are going to be doing.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

From a mental standpoint, the issue I am having is that I am used to being on the other side of this.  People come to me to get better.  I don't like being the patient.  It makes me feel like I have lost my control over the things.  

Being a bearer of knowledge also doesn't help.  I've assisted on thyroidectomies before, so I know what they are going to be doing.  

Indeed, that is always the quarrel about health. We never know when or where our name will be selected. We can just try to keep our health in good regard and keep in spirits

If this tells you anything about how wound up I get with following my team.  I'm a big Mississippi State fan.  I graduated from MSU in 2002.  I bleed maroon.  Last night, watching that Mississippi State/Vanderbilt game, I got a thumping headache in the 11th inning.  I mean, this sucker was a pounding headache, and I have felt this before.  I got my blood pressure cuff out and checked my blood pressure:

173/112

My wife then jumped my case for getting too worked up about the game.  After I sat down and relaxed a bit after the game, it came down to 153/98.  

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If this tells you anything about how wound up I get with following my team.  I'm a big Mississippi State fan.  I graduated from MSU in 2002.  I bleed maroon.  Last night, watching that Mississippi State/Vanderbilt game, I got a thumping headache in the 11th inning.  I mean, this sucker was a pounding headache, and I have felt this before.  I got my blood pressure cuff out and checked my blood pressure:

173/112

My wife then jumped my case for getting too worked up about the game.  After I sat down and relaxed a bit after the game, it came down to 153/98.  

Woah woah. You need to be very careful.

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

I have a 4 cm nodule on my left thyroid that is benign, but due to the size, it has to be removed because it is pressing on some stuff.  So, I'm having a subtotal thyroidectomy tomorrow.  

While I'm recovering though, it will be good to watch these boys play in Omaha:

That was a great game last night.  One of the more dramatic college baseball games I've ever seen.

As for your health, go ahead and get that done.  My cousin has thyroid issues, and what she goes through is no joke.

Even if you can't talk for a while, your fingers still work.  So if you take a break, we'll definitely see you on draft night.