• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baze's Time...

Diesel

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I think we might see a stepping up of Baze.   Mainly because he does have the game of a 3 & D guy and Pierce will emphasize the D. 

He has always been a vocal leader/cheerleader and decent on D. To me the same Baze.

13 points per game or so, hopefully decent efficiency, always decent defense and effort. Even at per 36 minutes, his best seasons are 16.8 and 16.9 points a game.

He is 28 years old and his upside is what he has already shown. What you see is what you get.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I do think Baze could continue to improve some on D.  He has always had room for improvement on his positional D and at times confused activity or action with solid D.

I like Baze. I think he'll have a good year and he will be our vocal leader and the glue guy bringing all our youngsters along.

I'd rather not trade him this offseason. I say we ride out his and Plumlees contracts together. The youth on this team can benefit from his leadership. Plumlee drives the tank. Then in two summers we are loaded with young talented players, on the upswing, with CAP for Daze.

Very likable player, good supportive veteran presence, great hustle, I think this’ll be his peak year at 28. Might fetch something decent at trade deadline.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Never a huge fan of him as a starter. Nothing against him personally. 

I actually tolerated him more this year since he was used primarily at SG. 

I think part of our teams demise was Bud thinking Baze could start at SF in the NBA and then giving him a contract to support that idea. I don’t think any other team would have done that. 

I doubt we can move him but I expect us to try.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, GameTime said:

It would surprise me if Baze isn't traded this offseason. Baze is at his peak of value right now.

Well Dallas wasn't biting. I'm not sure why anyone thinks a team will take Dennis or Baze off our hands. Nothing is less desirable than average players making big money.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well Dallas wasn't biting. I'm not sure why anyone thinks a team will take Dennis or Baze off our hands. Nothing is less desirable than average players making big money.

They'll take them,  but we'd more than likely  have to give an asset for a salary dump (most teams don't have capspace for a dump anyway) which I'm totally against.

The other is to take back equally bad salary and more and worse on court player to get out of the extra year of each player's salary.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Right on cue, my score app notified me that Atlanta is shopping Kent Bazemore before free agency starts.  

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1564720

"Bazemore is the youngest of the three, and while he's still a productive player, his contract is onerous and unlikely to be dealt. The 28-year-old is owed $18 million for 2018-19 with a player option worth $19 million the year thereafter."

Bazemore was our best player last year. Still, it didn't justify his contract but it's the truth. Prince had a better time frame. Prince was good for the 2nd half of the season but much worse in the 1st half. 

Baze was the man since December. 

• Premium Member

New Orleans Pelicans may be interested in trading for Kent Bazemore from Atlanta Hawks

According to Bill Simmons on his latest podcast with Haralabos Voulgaris, the New Orleans Pelicans may be interested in acquiring Kent Bazemore from the Atlanta Hawks once again.

“...Unless they can package their expirings for someone like Kent Bazemore, which has been a rumor.”

After first mentioning the Boston Celtics would be wise to save their assets to pounce on Anthony Davis — if presented the opportunity down the road, yada, yada, instead of Kawhi Leonard now, Simmons contemplated the Pelicans position in the Western Conference if DeMarcus Cousins winds up leaving New Orleans. How would the organization be able to improve the roster and build on the success enjoyed last season?

Possible renewed interest in trading for Bazemore makes sense on several fronts despite his bloated contract. The Pelicans have pursued him in the past — seemingly since Danny Ferry became a special adviser to General Manager Dell Demps, the team will have limited options in free agency even if Boogie leaves as they’ll be limited to the use of exceptions, and the Hawks have maintained a long standing desire to flip Bazemore for some future asset.

Similar to how the Pelicans acquired Nikola Mirotic, where they sent out Omer Asik, Tony Allen and Jameer Nelson, the hope here is Atlanta would be willing to take back the expiring contract of Alexis Ajinca and perhaps Solomon Hill’s remaining two-years for some future draft compensation. After all, the Hawks are reported one of several teams willing to take on salaries from those seeking to field competitive rosters for the right price.

Before getting overly excited by the thought of a new perimeter shooting wing, who exhibits solid rebounding outputs and uses his 6’11+ reach to tally great steal and block numbers, understand Bazemore doesn’t possess the ideal size for a small forward, standing 6’5 and weighing a hair over 200 pounds. Also, realize Atlanta isn’t about to give him away for peanuts while taking on unenviable salary. A future first round pick would at least need to be included for an almost 29-year-old player who isn’t as versatile as Mirotic yet more expensive.

Whether Bill Simmons is relying on new information or just previous rumors of New Orleans fondness, Kent Bazemore would fit nicely into Alvin Gentry’s small-ball attack amid Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday, Nikola Mirotic and Anthony Davis — thereby moving E’Twaun Moore to his better suited bench role. If Cousins boogies his way out of New Orleans for zero return, the Pelicans must find ways to boost their talent level up a few notches to remain firmly in the mix for a consecutive playoff appearance.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/6/30/17518434/new-orleans-pelicans-trade-rumor-kent-bazemore-demarcus-cousins-atlanta-hawks-ajinca-solomon-hill

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For what tho I don’t want crap ? 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For what tho I don’t want crap ? 

Did you miss this part?

Also, realize Atlanta isn’t about to give him away for peanuts while taking on unenviable salary. A future first round pick would at least need to be included for an almost 29-year-old player who isn’t as versatile.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did you miss this part?

Yeah.  They were trying to give him up in the deal to move DOWN from 3 to 5, only getting Wesley Matthews in return just because Matthews's deal runs out a year sooner.  Bill Simmons isn't exactly a great source either.   

The only way a deal with NO makes sense is to take Nikola Mirotic's and Alexis Ajinca's expiring deals this year to create cap room for next year.  Note that any cap room created for next year is being done to create enough room in the next 2-3 years to absorb bad contracts.