• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who makes Prince and Collins better among these higher draft candidates?

JTB

Trae Young or Doncic. The PG's. 

Bamba in time. If all goes perfect, JJJ in time. 

Not sure Bagley makes them better, his scoring will make offense easier for them as he will take most of the pressure away and get the defensive attention.  

Yeah, the PG's. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Serious question among all these high rank prospects who makes Collins and Prince better ? 

I’m not saying this should necessarily be a reason to draft whatever top prospect you name ....just curious what others thoughts are.

i believe Trae Young makes players around better than Doncic who would be my number 2 in this specific topic...reason is I believe Trae is both a better passer and shooter than Doncic where Doncic definitely has him in size but Doncics size doesn’t blow me away until he shows he can keep up with the athleticism of the nba. Now that doesn’t mean I think Doncic is going to bust I just believe he’s really going to have to be crafty in this league for himself and his teammates.

Luka Doncic, Trae Young, and Jaren Jackson Jr.  

If we're going on immediate impact

I'd say

1. Doncic

2. JJJ

3. Young

4. Bamba

5. Bagley if we include him

Doncic has the highest floor, his playmaking is advanced and he can get his own buckets to some degree. JJJ is plug and play basically, brings a lot of value on offense and defense covers for Collins deficiencies out the gate as soon as he stops fouling. Young may be great but he'll make everyone's job tougher on defense. Bamba is my favorite prospect but he'll need some time to adjust if he maxes out this potential.

I prefer who fits this personnel more than who fits Collins and Prince more. 

Our personnel is Dennis/Bazemore/Prince/Collins

For the group: None of the PG's of course. 

1. Bagley - No legit offensive weapons at this stage. Bagley is the best by a mile and would really help carry the load on offense. 

2. Bamba - Because his shot blocking translates the most. He's still raw so his impact will be lukewarm

3. Carter Jr- Gives us the scorer and post presence that the others lack but ceiling isn't that high. 

4. JJJ- If he develops, I am thinking he could be Larry Sanders with a jump shot. That's my hope and that's a very valuable NBA big. 

5. R. Williams - I think he's a good fit with Collins and Prince, not so sure about his fit with Dennis and Bazemore. Maybe he needs a better PG than Dennis. One who excels at creating from the PnR for others. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I prefer who fits this personnel more than who fits Collins and Prince more. 

Our personnel is Dennis/Bazemore/Prince/Collins

For the group: None of the PG's of course. 

1. Bagley - No legit offensive weapons at this stage. Bagley is the best by a mile and would really help carry the load on offense. 

2. Bamba - Because his shot blocking translates the most. He's still raw so his impact will be lukewarm

3. Carter Jr- Gives us the scorer and post presence that the others lack but ceiling isn't that high. 

4. JJJ- If he develops, I am thinking he could be Larry Sanders with a jump shot. That's my hope and that's a very valuable NBA big. 

5. R. Williams - I think he's a good fit with Collins and Prince, not so sure about his fit with Dennis and Bazemore. Maybe he needs a better PG than Dennis. One who excels at creating from the PnR for others. 

This.  But my question are prince and Collins corner stones or role players. 

• Like 1

Just now, Royjr9 said:

This.  But my question are prince and Collins corner stones or role players. 

It's hard to say. Collins and Prince will never be cornerstones. There just guys abit good ones till with get the cornerstones. 

That's what we hope to get with this draft. Cornerstones. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

It's hard to say. Collins and Prince will never be cornerstones. There just guys abit good ones till with get the cornerstones. 

That's what we hope to get with this draft. Cornerstones. 

That’s my thinking which is why I wouldn’t draft based on fit per sey. Then it would be bagley, donic, Bamba, jjj, SGA and Walker. 

• Like 2

The question is: Out of these guys, who can become cornerstones

The Bridges

Bamba

Ayton

Bagley

Doncic

Young

JJJ

Porter Jr. 

Carter Jr. 

Sexton

Lonnie Walker IV

If I'm calling it, Bamba, Bagley, Ayton and Doncic become stars. Whoever the Kings draft probably won't go anywhere. And if we draft JJJ we'll be cussing out Schlenk in 5 years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Royjr9 said:

That’s my thinking which is why I wouldn’t draft based on fit per sey. Then it would be bagley, donic, Bamba, jjj, SGA and Walker. 

The goal is to draft the best player available by their scale. Everyone scale is different. What do they consider when saying BPA?

Is it offense? 

Defense? 

Talent base? 

Potential? 

Physical?

Mental? 

Fitness? 

Makeup? 

Length? 

Height? 

Skill? 

Ability? 

Athleticism? 

What is it? Only the Hawks know what they are looking for but I know one thing, they better not fail.  

• Like 1

Mo Bamba would allow both Prince and Collins to gamble more and step up there defense. He doesn't threaten Collin's or Prince's position and with a healthy Bembry we'd be a force to wreckon with on defense. Speaking of I'm also a big advocate of De'Anthony Melton.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sillent said:

Mo Bamba would allow both Prince and Collins to gamble more and step up there defense. He doesn't threaten Collin's or Prince's position and with a healthy Bembry we'd be a force to wreckon with on defense. Speaking of I'm also a big advocate of De'Anthony Melton.

Mo Bamba would also get in the way of Collins on offense, as he is a complete non shooter whose only offensive role will be as a pick and roll roll man, which is what Collins's role on offense is as well.  Defensively, the team will have switching issues with Bamba, as he lacks the lateral ability to switch on the perimeter.

3 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Bamba’s not my first choice but lol at non shooter.

So, him shooting against air means he is a shooter?  27% on three point shots and 67% from the free throw line in game situations must mean nothing.

If there wasn't so much downside to Trae Young, I could 100% get behind him as the pick.  The potential downside though makes me want to go in another direction.  As it is, he would be third on my wish list behind #1 Luka Doncic and #2 Jaren Jackson Jr.  Doncic can do what Trae can do, except that he is bigger with a higher floor and less defensive concerns due to his size.  Jaren Jackson is another high floor player.  Trae Young has a high ceiling, but he has probably the lowest floor of any player that will be taken in the top 10.  

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, him shooting against air means he is a shooter?  27% on three point shots and 67% from the free throw line in game situations must mean nothing.

Yeah because Bamba can’t improve right? And I never even claimed he’s a good shooter but non shooter is incorrect.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If there wasn't so much downside to Trae Young, I could 100% get behind him as the pick.  The potential downside though makes me want to go in another direction.  As it is, he would be third on my wish list behind #1 Luka Doncic and #2 Jaren Jackson Jr.  Doncic can do what Trae can do, except that he is bigger with a higher floor and less defensive concerns due to his size.  Jaren Jackson is another high floor player.  Trae Young has a high ceiling, but he has probably the lowest floor of any player that will be taken in the top 10.  

Doncic can not shoot or pass as well as Trae.