Anyone have cold feet about Doncic?

JTB

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Lol honestly I do like him but I don’t want a safe pick which he is 

The team is in full rebuild.  What is wrong with drafting a foundation player?

Stars become free agents.  And what do they look for?  A supporting cast of strong foundation players.  

I personally don't care which one of these prospects we draft.  All I care about is drafting a mentally tough person that can withstand the losing that will happen for two straight seasons.  

Who is the foundation player that can take the losing, and still be loyal to the team and never stop working to perfect his craft?  That is the the guy I want.  

F the stats in college, high school or the European leagues.  In the long run, they mean far less than hyped.

Draft the talented prospect that has the character of a champion that rises out of the muck.   

45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would jump for joy if the Kings goofed and took Bagley leaving us Doncic at #3. I would then take on Parsons from Memphis to get their #4 pick and get either JJJ or Bamba.

Sorry Soth im outta likes (part 2)!

But also extremely excited about Bagley!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, ggp said:

The team is in full rebuild.  What is wrong with drafting a foundation player?

Stars become free agents.  And what do they look for?  A supporting cast of strong foundation players.  

I personally don't care which one of these prospects we draft.  All I care about is drafting a mentally tough person that can withstand the losing that will happen for two straight seasons.  

Who is the foundation player that can take the losing, and still be loyal to the team and never stop working to perfect his craft?  That is the the guy I want.  

F the stats in college, high school or the European leagues.  In the long run, they mean far less than hyped.

Draft the talented prospect that has the character of a champion that rises out of the muck.   

Ok to have a foundation but you still need a cornerstone.

Stars want more than anything to play with other Stars, not solid foundations.

• Like 1

I will admit to being cautiously optimistic that the Kings would take Bagley in spite of Doncic certainly feeling at first like a fait accompli given the GM/Ownership makeup of Sac.  Not anymore as I am back to the default thought of the Kings taking him again at 2.  Just cannot imagine a world where Vlade does not draft what feels like the most legit Euro perhaps ever.

That said, it truly would be great one way or the other should the Kings pass on Doncic as that would bring higher value should Schlenk/Ressler decide Young is their guy.  At this point, I reckon I would be happier about Young at 6 or 7 than of Jackson at 3.  That said, if JJJ were available where they were planning on getting Young, I would absolutely do that.

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Starting to hear rumors that we are again interested in Doncic...now of course we have to take every rumor we hear with a grain of salt until Thursday night but just let me say this..I’m high on Doncic (a 6 foot 8 passing SG/SF with a good looking jumpshot is intriguing)....but I’m scared to select him !

not nearly as afraid as I am of the hawks selecting JJJ but as we get closer  Doncic while I do like him I’m afraid of actually getting him unless we can someone pick in the top 10 twice .

thoughts?

Shut your effin face. If we are lucky enough to snag Doncic, you will accept it, and you will love it. 

You're thinking too much. Stop it.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Make this easy Travis. Doncic and Bamba. You have players you MUST go and get if Bagley is GONE. 

Easy? Really? That requires two top 5 picks and regardless of all the rumors tje chance if that happening is less than more likely.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Make this easy Travis. Doncic and Bamba. You have players you MUST go and get if Bagley is GONE. 

I’ll make it easier..if Kings take Doncic we take Bagley...they take Bagley we take Doncic..end o discussion! ? 

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's going to be a lot of disappointed people around here when we take Trae Young.

I wouldn’t be mad at that either...just don’t give me jjj that’s all I really ask.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's going to be a lot of disappointed people around here when we take Trae Young.

I think the poll showed about 70% pissed at the pick.  I'll be among that 70% if Doncic is on the board for sure.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think the poll showed about 70% pissed at the pick.  I'll be among that 70% if Doncic is on the board for sure.

I like Trae a lot...but I think Doncic is in a higher tier for sure. Ya we have to take Luka if he’s still there.

Looks like we would pass on Luka if this is accurate.

Luka Doncic is projected to go No. 4 in the latest ESPN Mock Draft. Jonathan Givony was asked about whether that projection will hold up.

"That's how it looks right now, unless somebody trades up," said Jonathan Givony on the Lowe Post Podcast. "Unless one of these really good playoff teams decides (to trade up). "I think the good teams love him. The bad teams hate him. That's what I'm getting so for."

Doncic is as low as No. 8 on some teams boards.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250232/Good-Teams-Love-Luka-Doncic-Bad-Teams-Hate-Him