• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope we try to be competitive this year

bleachkit

34 minutes ago, High5 said:

We still need more talent. Hopefully we end up with 2 top 10 picks next season and can turn those into at least one future star. Then we can focus on winning as much as possible and positioning ourselves for free agency.

I think we can compete and still not make the playoffs. 30 wins is not a playoff team. I do think your plan is the plan. Two or three more draft picks added and then it is time to go into Danny Ainge mode with trading for players and free agents.

I wholeheartedly think Schlenk's model for success looks a whole lot more like Boston than GSW.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

If that is what you want to think.

landscape-1471532086-chuck-norris-thumbs

In a contest where I was asked to judge a team against other teams and predict where a team (the Sixers) would rank relative to other teams (the East) I killed it.  I predicted Philly would be one of the bottom teams in the east when they were in the top 3. 

My excuse is I badly misjudged the talent of the teams.  So just misjudging the low talent of the majority of the teams in the East means I actually did a great job judging the relative talent of teams.

I’m ever so smart and never misjudge anything.

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Where was I wrong about Millsap and Denver?   If he had been healthy all year, they are a playoff team.  

I know I’m a target because I don’t support tanking, but don’t make shit up.  

You’re not a target because you don’t support the tank. You’re a target due to your emotionally immature tendency for condescending arrogance that you’re always right, even though you’re at times wrong, just like the rest of us. Everyone gets some right, gets some wrong. You’re not superior, just because your an M.D. Thinkimg you are makes you a target ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

You’re not a target because you don’t support the tank. You’re a target due to your emotionally immature tendency for condescending arrogance that you’re always right, even though you’re at times wrong, just like the rest of us. Everyone gets some right, gets some wrong. You’re not superior, just because your an M.D. Thinkimg you are makes you a target ? 

No.  

I’m a target because I don’t go along with the popular opinion of the board, don’t agree with convential reasoning most of the time, and people don’t like that I make them defend their position.  

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  

I’m a target because I don’t go along with the popular opinion of the board, don’t agree with convential reasoning most of the time, and people don’t like that I make them defend their position.  

I don't go along with popular opinions either but I don't continue to stir the pot or intentionally antagonize people like you do.

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Perception is reality

For example...Posters like AHF and JayHawkbird have opinions and sometimes strong opinions but they don't come across as arrogant or antagonistic.  Therefore they are highly regarded as valuable posters here.  You have a lot of great information but you aren't regarded in that manner because of your approach.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  

You couldn’t be more wrong. I know you like to think otherwise, like you’re some martyr for absolute truth and wisdom in your own mind. It’s just not so. Most of us dislike the tank too, we’re just pragmatic about because, well, here we are. You’re a target because the way you disrespect and insult other’s opinions and intelligence, which is rooted in emotional immaturity and insecurity. Not because of the opinions you hold. 1000% so.

• Like 1

:laugh:

How good are the Hawks going to be next season?  Since they have not yet gone through free agency and the trade period, who knows who will be on the roster, come opening day?  I sure don't.  Right now, the Atlanta brain thrust can't possibly know, so, how can we?

Lloyd Pierce is a new, untried head coach and he has his own assistant, which he picked out.  Just how good or bad will they be this upcoming season?  We have three rookies, our very own draft picks.  How good or how bad will they be as NBA players?  They have so much to learn.   Will they improve?  Or, are they all three "dumb as a box of rocks" as my grand kids say?

Will we keep Dennis, who doesn't want to be a part of a long re build?  Can we get anything in return is he goes away?  Winning only one of every three will give us 27 wins for the year.  Does that make 30 wins unreasonable?

I hate losing.  I hate tanking.  We've been there, done that.  There aren't a lot of super stars around and those that are will not come to the Hawks.  Drafting seems to be our only hope.  Most "experts" seem to think that the three draft picks and the 1st round future pick all added up to a pretty good haul.

I want us to win.  I want us to hit 100% of our foul shots.  I know.  I don't always get what I want.  Occasionally, however, I do.  Heck yeah.  I agree.  We ain't great.  Not yet.

Bur I've got to hope that we're gaining on it.  A building without a solid foundation will not stand the ravages of time.  I know that all of us Hawk fans hope that we now have, not a great new building, but a solid foundation.  If we have, the wins sill come, slowly but surely!!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

(How about that Dream team!  They won last night!)

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

:laugh:

We have three rookies, our very own draft picks.  How good or how bad will they be as NBA players?  They have so much to learn.   Will they improve?  Or, are they all three "dumb as a box of rocks" as my grand kids say?

Will we keep Dennis, who doesn't want to be a part of a long re build?  Can we get anything in return is he goes away?  Winning only one of every three will give us 27 wins for the year.  Does that make 30 wins unreasonable?

I'll address these two by saying that our rookies can't possibly be worse than all of the g-leaguers on the team last year.  Or worse than Malcolm Delaney, Miles Plumlee or Luke Babbitt. 

As far as Dennis is concern...Dennis clearly stated that he would prefer to stay in Atlanta and the only thing he wanted to do was meet with management to see what was the direction.  I think the media and the fans have blown his word way out of proportion.  Notice you have heard a single thing about Dennis or the meeting he had with management since because it is a non story.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'll address these two by saying that our rookies can't possibly be worse than all of the g-leaguers on the team last year.  Or worse than Malcolm Delaney, Miles Plumlee or Luke Babbitt. 

As far as Dennis is concern...Dennis clearly stated that he would prefer to stay in Atlanta and the only thing he wanted to do was meet with management to see what was the direction.  I think the media and the fans have blown his word way out of proportion.  Notice you have heard a single thing about Dennis or the meeting he had with management since because it is a non story.

So, do you think Dennis has a future on this team after they used their top pick on a point guard?

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, do you think Dennis has a future on this team after they used their top pick on a point guard?

I’ll chime in: definitely not.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think his future is similar to Teague's future when we drafted Dennis unless a good offer appeared on the table

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

You couldn’t be more wrong. I know you like to think otherwise, like you’re some martyr for absolute truth and wisdom in your own mind. It’s just not so. Most of us dislike the tank too, we’re just pragmatic about because, well, here we are. You’re a target because the way you disrespect and insult other’s opinions and intelligence, which is rooted in emotional immaturity and insecurity. Not because of the opinions you hold. 1000% so.

No poster on his board has been more disrespected and insulted as I have been, and I have ignored every bit of it.  

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No poster on his board has been more disrespected and insulted as I have been, and I have ignored every bit of it.  

And I’ve explained the reason to you. Absorb the info, or don’t. All I can do is show it to you, what you do with it is up to you.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I gave you one of my very valuable likes. :laugh1:.

I was starting to wonder what the hell I’d done to you to be so ignored all of a sudden ?

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

And I’ve explained the reason to you. Absorb the info, or don’t. All I can do is show it to you, what you do with it is up to you.

Well, I’m not going to put a facade on for popularity purposes.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Well, I’m not going to put a facade on for popularity purposes.  

Who’s asking you to do that? 

• Like 1