• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope we try to be competitive this year

bleachkit

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Fans especially Hawk fan are such extremist.  Either they want to win championships or win 1 game. 

I'm on record as hoping that don't even win ONE game.  Zero wins (and a good shot at the #1 pick).  Make history, Hawklets!

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Fans especially Hawk fan are such extremist.  Either they want to win championships or win 1 game.  And they think that business owner think like them which can't be further from the truth.  The Hawks are in the entertainment business and it would be very unwise to continue to put out bad entertainment.  They have enough right now to feature a very entertaining product so that is what's going to happen. I know all of y'all want Dennis and Baze gone some for personal reasons like fulfilling some predictions but it seems as though Schlenk is more pragmatic than some of y'all.  Dennis may get traded but it won't happen unless Schlenk wins the trade.  Howard was an anomaly because he had to go and didn't contribute to winning and was old.  Plus Schlenk took a PR hit for it and learned his lesson.  From here on out, Schlenk will do what's best for the team.  We should start to trust him because he has come through with 2 drafts in a row.  Even KB admits that he is has a great eye for talent.

I think Ressler wants Dennis gone. He is probably more concerned with image than Schlenk and Dennis has been nothing but bad press for almost a year. I also think it is pretty obvious since we offered Bazemore up to Dallas in the 3 for 5 swap that management views his contract as a black hole. To reinforce my black hole theory, Mark Cuban turned that down and preferred to give us a future 1st. Mark Cuban has not been accused of being thrifty since he lost Steve Nash; so if he thinks your contract sucks, it sucks.

Some good news about other teams cap, Melo is not opting out so OKC IS going to be stressed; especially if they are able to keep George. Wilson Chandler opted in at Denver. We can in theory absorb both Chandler and Farieds contract, or Melo's with a little creativity.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I also think it is pretty obvious since we offered Bazemore up to Dallas in the 3 for 5 swap that management views his contract as a black hole. T

They wanted Wes Matthews in return

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Ressler wants Dennis gone. He is probably more concerned with image than Schlenk and Dennis has been nothing but bad press for almost a year.

Y'all gotta stop making this stuff up

• Moderators

Whether anyone wants Dennis gone or not, my bet is that Dennis wants gone.  He seemed on and off the train before the draft.  I imagine that having drafted someone with whom he cannot successfully share the floor who will eventually take over the role he wants has him chomping at the bit to find a different team.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Whether anyone wants Dennis gone or not, my bet is that Dennis wants gone.  He seemed on and off the train before the draft.  I imagine that having drafted someone with whom he cannot successfully share the floor who will eventually take over the role he wants has him chomping at the bit to find a different team.

We did the same thing when Teague was the starting point guard. So what's the difference?

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They wanted Wes Matthews in return

It was a really simple deal by NBA standards. For 20 million dollars in the 19/20 season, Cuban gets Bazemore, our 3rd pick, and would still keep his 18 or so million in cap this season free to chase Cousins.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We did the same thing when Teague was the starting point guard. So what's the difference?

First, Teague seemed happy to be a Hawk before Dennis was picked while Dennis sent signals that he may want out before Young was drafted.

Second, Teague was the unquestioned starter and Dennis was a mid round pick far from threatening his role.  Young is much closer to stepping into that seat.  If it takes Trae the same time to win the starter role that it took Dennis, we will have made a colossal mistake.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

It was a really simple deal by NBA standards. For 20 million dollars in the 19/20 season, Cuban gets Bazemore, our 3rd pick, and would still keep his 18 or so million in cap this season free to chase Cousins.

We do have a lot of shooting guard I guess

31 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You must have inside info. like Supes because no one else is aware of this secret plan to tank this year.

Watch the offseason.  Let's see who we add to the roster to improve the team.  Most of Schlenk's moves have been set up to keep this team as young as possible this year, which means that a very bad season is much more likely, than a 35 win season . . . unless the young vets and Trae really ball out.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We do have a lot of shooting guard I guess

I think you are missing the mark some if you think we value the next two years and almost 40 million dollars that Bazemore cost. If we can't move him, he will play though.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

First, Teague seemed happy to be a Hawk before Dennis was picked while Dennis sent signals that he may want out before Young was drafted.

Second, Teague was the unquestioned starter and Dennis was a mid round pick far from threatening his role.  Young is much closer to stepping into that seat.  If it takes Trae the same time to win the starter role that it took Dennis, we will have made a colossal mistake.

Y'all just love create your own narratives.  1st of all Dennis said that he would prefer to stay in Atlanta and his other statements where blown out of proportion.  He had a meeting with front office and you hadn't heard a peep since because there is no story.  Secondly, no one talk about who would start when.  Certainly  we don't know how Dennis or Teague felt at the time of each draft.  If Dennis gets outplayed and looses his starting job that would be great but I still don't think there is a rush to get him off the team.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Watch the offseason.  Let's see who we add to the roster to improve the team.  Most of Schlenk's moves have been set up to keep this team as young as possible this year, which means that a very bad season is much more likely, than a 35 win season . . . unless the young vets and Trae really ball out.

The starting line up most likely will be the same.  The biggest difference is there will be fewer g-leaguers like Magette, Taylor, Cleveland, Andrew White, Lee and Cavanaugh in the rotation.  And probably no Bumlee..And thenk God no Delaney

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all just love create your own narratives.  1st of all Dennis said that he would prefer to stay in Atlanta and his other statements where blown out of proportion.  He had a meeting with front office and you hadn't heard a peep since because there is no story.  Secondly, no one talk about who would start when.  Certainly  we don't know how Dennis or Teague felt at the time of each draft.  If Dennis gets outplayed and looses his starting job that would be great but I still don't think there is a rush to get him off the team.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens

I only have Bud's recent history to go on. Bud was disgruntled, we got some stupid press, and they parted ways with a quickness. I do think our best option is to start Dennis, hope he plays and behaves like a pro, and then move him. 

Maybe you are right and the fences are mended. Time will tell.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I only have Bud's recent history to go on. Bud was disgruntled, we got some stupid press, and they parted ways with a quickness. I do think our best option is to start Dennis, hope he plays and behaves like a pro, and then move him. 

Maybe you are right and the fences are mended. Time will tell.

Otherwise that world class Dennis hater Brad Rowland would be all over any new about Dennis being disgruntled

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

KB21 - - I haven't been back but a short time.  If I have said anything to insult or disrespect you, I am not aware of it.  It would not have been intentional if I had.  Please accept my apology if I have.

Like you, I don't expect our Hawks to be great - - not yet.  I can begin to see a light at the end of this tunnel of despair, however.  As the old adage goes, "Like a cat licking away a grindstone, just a lick at a time."

You haven't said anything that is disrespectful.  In my view, intentionally losing is not acceptable in any way.  As a GM, Travis Schlenk has the moral obligation to do whatever he can to field a competitive team.  He has yet to do everything he can to field a competitive team.  He intentionally stacked the roster this past season so it would lose, and he is doing the same thing here by stacking the roster with youth as opposed to mixing in youth with solid veterans.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Bazemore was the only one mentioned in trade negotiations but that was for a specific reason. Dennis' name was not included in any know trade deals but like I said, Y'all keep think that Schlenk just wants to trade Dennis and baze at all cost but I don't think this is the case.  So I assume they both will be on the opening day roster this year.

I don't think it's a 'trade Baze or Dennis at all/any cost. If he can get value for either, I think he would based on past circumstances. 

I saw 2 trade rumors involving Bazemore. #3 and Baze for #5 and Matthews. Also saw #19 and Baze to Indy for #23.

Dennis rumors: #19 and Dennis to LAC for #13.

Besides Dennis was on the trade block at the trade deadline. (See AJC article I posted in the Dennis thread)...."Schröder, who was upset when his name surfaced in rumors at the deadline."

• Like 1