• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope we try to be competitive this year

bleachkit

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ignoring the pity party someone's trying to throw.:justkidding:

We’re just too stupid to understand, Bird ?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

No.  

I’m a target because I don’t go along with the popular opinion of the board, don’t agree with convential reasoning most of the time, and people don’t like that I make them defend their position.  

ASIDE: Funny thing is, there's a Marshall board I have frequented in the past where that's essentially my situation, KB.

Personally, I think you're correct that when a person takes a minority position, the obvious consequence of that is that you stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.... whereas, if you had even just a few others of kindred spirit regularly pushing that minority angle, it wouldn't be as glaring.

It's good, though, that this board isn't populated by people who think 7th grader trash talk is the right way to respond.

The best boards have strong but adult-respect disagreement.

Having said that, I appreciate it when people participate in point-counterpoint-counterpoint conversation, but find it a bit disingenuous when people choose to exit conversations rather than admit, "Hey, I guess you're right about that."

It's my OBJECTIVE observation that that has happened a time or two. *wink*

Now back to the topic at-hand.......

• Like 1

Who is having a pity party?  Me staying the truth about this process does not constitute a pity party.  

What’s “staying the truth” mean in this case? I’d normally assume you meant “stating,” but I have learned that you are without error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drzachary said:

What’s “staying the truth” mean in this case? I’d normally assume you meant “stating,” but I have learned that you are without error.

It is this stupid phone

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, drzachary said:

CMfpZ5x.gif

• Like 1

KB21 - - I haven't been back but a short time.  If I have said anything to insult or disrespect you, I am not aware of it.  It would not have been intentional if I had.  Please accept my apology if I have.

Like you, I don't expect our Hawks to be great - - not yet.  I can begin to see a light at the end of this tunnel of despair, however.  As the old adage goes, "Like a cat licking away a grindstone, just a lick at a time."

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

KB21 - - I haven't been back but a short time.  If I have said anything to insult or disrespect you, I am not aware of it.  It would not have been intentional if I had.  Please accept my apology if I have.

Like you, I don't expect our Hawks to be great - - not yet.  I can begin to see a light at the end of this tunnel of despair, however.  As the old adage goes, "Like a cat licking away a grindstone, just a lick at a time."

The confusion is not over how many games will the hawks vs GS in the finals.  The confusion for me is the prediction of 8 fewer wins than last year even thought the team would have more talent and experience.  KB himself said that the draft was great but then says the team will be worse.  Don't get it.

7 hours ago, hazer said:

With Menace, Gaze, and Ded all being possible trade targets with something to prove, this team will win more games than everyone thinks before the deadline. Menace, Gaze, Printz, J-Bap, Dedmon Walking could be hovering around 8th-10th before the trigger is pulled. Then I could see Young’n, The Huert, Printz, Cala-Omari, and J-Bap starting lineups landing Hawks around 6th or 7th in the lottery. Since odds are more in those slots’ favor with the rule change. They win more games than last year, but not 30.

If this is the case, I'm going to be pissed if they trade off people if we're fighting for an 8th seed near mid-season.

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

there is a saying about a cat licking away a mada friggin grindstone?  for one thing, that should never be an objective; that would take forever.  for another, man, that would be a pain for the cat.  (no offense to gray mule, I think you are great!)

the whole kb vs supes fight is tiresome.  schlenck runs the hawks.

• Like 1

I actually think the GM would want a top 3 worse record next year and get the number  1 overall pick. Trade it for more future picks and get whoever his guy is.  That way the Hawks keep accumulating assets and during next year's free agency they may try to go big because they may have the most cap space in the NBA.

Don't rush this tank. It's the worse thing they can do.  I'm comfortable being at the top of the lottery one more year, then actually attempting to be competitive the third year. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I actually think the GM would want a top 3 worse record next year and get the number  1 overall pick. Trade it for more future picks and get whoever his guy is.  That way the Hawks keep accumulating assets and during next year's free agency they may try to go big because they may have the most cap space in the NBA.

Don't rush this tank. It's the worse thing they can do.  I'm comfortable being at the top of the lottery one more year, then actually attempting to be competitive the third year. 

You guys have vivid imaginations

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Agreed, ‘19-‘20 will be the year to fight their way back into the playoffs and start spending money on big signings.

2 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

schlenck runs the hawks.

Yes he does and by the end of this season we will know how good he is at evaluating talent. Collins was a great pick at 19 last season. I have high ( Spellman and Hurter ) to spectacular ( Young ) hopes for all three of our picks in this years draft.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Yes he does and by the end of this season we will know how good he is at evaluating talent. Collins was a great pick at 19 last season. I have high ( Spellman and Hurter ) to spectacular ( Young ) hopes for all three of our picks in this years draft.

yeah... i really hated the young pick, but I am not expert.  fyi, I thought the steve smith-rider/jackson trade was a great deal.  even in an nba where the big man is devalued I thought that mo was the right choice.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I don’t believe I am antagonistic.  

LOL . . come on now.

Image result for omar epps gif

While you've been right on the money about mostly HAWKS related stuff, you've pretty much taken every chance possible to interject your opposing opinion about the direction of the Hawks.

Unlike the others, I can at least admit that you've been right a lot, especially recently.   You're also the runaway favorite to win Hawksquawk Antagonist of the Year.

• Like 1