• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope we try to be competitive this year

bleachkit

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

These aren't my projects.  These are FiveThirtyEight's projections from their CARMELO system.  Looking at their projections for this past year, my projected win total for the Hawks was 23.  They won 24.  

Wait what?  I thought we were talking about warp!  Now we are talking about another metric?  How accurate is this metric again?  How many wins were projected by this metric for the 2016-17 and the 2017-18 season?  What about our 60 win season?

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Wait what?  I thought we were talking about warp!  Now we are talking about another metric?  How accurate is this metric again?  How many wins were projected by this metric for the 2016-17 and the 2017-18 season?  What about our 60 win season?

CARMELO isn't the metric.  It's the system they use to calculate the projected WARP for a player.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So how accurate has it been??  Did it predict 60 win in the 14-15 season?

There isn’t a public prognosticator or system that did.  To get a gauge on accuracy you need to look broader than a single season or single team.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

There isn’t a public prognosticator or system that did.  To get a gauge on accuracy you need to look broader than a single season or single team.

Did you read my 1st post?  I did ask for multiple seasons and he didn't answer

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

The CARMELO numbers do not go back that far.  

How bout the last 3 years???

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Did you read my 1st post?  I did ask for multiple seasons and he didn't answer

How bout the last 3 years???

I’m not criticizing you.  It is just a big task to take on.  Nothing a single poster can do in a night unless someone has already crunched the numbers and they are just referencing the conclusions.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m not criticizing you.  It is just a big task to take on.  Nothing a single poster can do in a night unless someone has already crunched the numbers and they are just referencing the conclusions.

He is the one that used this to predict the number of win for the up coming season... I just asked him to determine how credible the predictor is before declaring his prediction as fact.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Much harder to win with this rookie coach who is a stopgap.  Bud would have had the team more competitive because he is a good proven coach. 

How do you know?  People said the same thing about Smith and Quinn

23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think it's a 'trade Baze or Dennis at all/any cost. If he can get value for either, I think he would based on past circumstances. 

I saw 2 trade rumors involving Bazemore. #3 and Baze for #5 and Matthews. Also saw #19 and Baze to Indy for #23.

Dennis rumors: #19 and Dennis to LAC for #13.

Besides Dennis was on the trade block at the trade deadline. (See AJC article I posted in the Dennis thread)...."Schröder, who was upset when his name surfaced in rumors at the deadline."

I saw the same rumors and agree. I do not think we are desperate to move either right away. Baze only has two seasons left and Dennis has not been complaining in public since his initial fubar on German Radio,

Baze's last season could be real valuable and Dennis could improve his stock greatly if he walks in with his head on straight.

• Like 1