• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope we try to be competitive this year

bleachkit

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

After reading your Marvin Williams hype for two years, I find that hard to believe.  Should we dig those posts up?  I think there are about 500-1000 of those.  

yeah, apparently we all missed that hall of fame career

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

So you were correct in your prediction that the Sixers last season would have a losing record.  Then your next prediction they would miss the playoffs.  And then your next prediction that they would get swept by Miami.

You have been wildly wrong on some things and right on others.  Have the self-awareness to know which is which. 

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

So you were correct in your prediction that the Sixers last season would have a losing record.  Then your next prediction they would miss the playoffs.  And then your next prediction that they would get swept by Miami.

You have been wildly wrong on some things and right on others.  Have the self-awareness to know which is which. 

Yeah.  I failed to take into account how the weakness of the East would fluff up Philly’s record.  I’m still right though because Philly still isn’t a good team   

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I failed to take into account how the weakness of the East would fluff up Philly’s record.  I’m still right though because Philly still isn’t a good team   

But you still were wrong just like you were wrong about Paul Millsap and Denver Etc.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all act like winning and losing is somehow orchestrated by the GM while the players and coaching staff have no role in outcomes.  I find this way of thinking very strange

It is going to be hard to not win games with Schröder, Bazemore, and Prince starting together. Basketball Reference breaks the NBA Season down into 20 game segments. For a 20 game stretch last season, Games 41-60, we were 8 and 12. Those 8 wins were against these 8 teams:

Denver

San Antonio- Made the playoffs

New Orleans-Made the playoffs

Utah-Made the playoffs

Minnesota-Made the playoffs

Knicks

Memphis

Detroit

In all eight of those wins Dennis, Bazemore, and Prince started. It was not until we started benching Bazemore and Dennis injury that we went back into tank mode for good. Winning only 4 of the last 22 games of the season ( 61-82 ). My points in all this is:

1-If we want to win 30 games, we can.

2-If want to be in tank mode, Starting Dennis, Bazemore, and Prince is not going to be a good tank option. A good tank mode indicator will be at least one of those three not starting and getting very limited minutes if any at all.

3-If we want to tank, easy enough. But it will be hard to showcase Dennis and Bazemore while tanking.

Link:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2018/gamelog/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But you still were wrong just like you were wrong about Paul Millsap and Denver Etc.

Where was I wrong about Millsap and Denver?   If he had been healthy all year, they are a playoff team.  

I know I’m a target because I don’t support tanking, but don’t make shit up.  

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It is going to be hard to not win games with Schröder, Bazemore, and Prince starting together. Basketball Reference breaks the NBA Season down into 20 game segments. For a 20 game stretch last season, Games 41-60, we were 8 and 12. Those 8 wins were against these 8 teams:

Denver

San Antonio- Made the playoffs

New Orleans-Made the playoffs

Utah-Made the playoffs

Minnesota-Made the playoffs

Knicks

Memphis

Detroit

In all eight of those wins Dennis, Bazemore, and Prince started. It was not until we started benching Bazemore and Dennis injury that we went back into tank mode for good. Winning only 4 of the last 22 games of the season ( 61-82 ). My points in all this is:

1-If we want to win 30 games, we can.

2-If want to be in tank mode, Starting Dennis, Bazemore, and Prince is not going to be a good tank option. A good tank mode indicator will be at least one of those three not starting and getting very limited minutes if any at all.

3-If we want to tank, easy enough. But it will be hard to showcase Dennis and Bazemore while tanking.

Link:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2018/gamelog/

Excellent post but Someone will say that It wasn't Dennis, Bazemore and Prince winning those games...It was the magic of Bud making those shots!  LOL!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK, so you made a prediction where you fail to take something into account which caused the prediction to be inaccurate.  In your mind the prediction is still accurate?

That seems reasonable.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Where was I wrong about Millsap and Denver?   If he had been healthy all year, they are a playoff team.  

I know I’m a target because I don’t support tanking, but don’t make shit up.  

You were wrong because you said something would happen and it didn’t.  Their competition for that last spot lost better players to injury than Denver did so that is does not change black to white.  You were literally and objectively wrong.  

I’m fine if you want to run up excuses like “I said Philly wouldn’t win half their games and would miss the playoffs but they actually got THE THIRD SEED IN THE EAST.”  They weren’t close to missing the playoffs and did just fine versus good teams.  You were also wrong about the playoffs after having 82 games of data on them and Miami and still were wrong even though Philly lost their best player to injury for part of the series.

Just objectively wrong.

• Like 2

I hope we try and compete. If Dallas and our pick is in the 10- 14 range, I think we could have a very good draft next season. And we never know, maybe we get lucky and move up in the less weighted lottery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I hope we try and compete. If Dallas and our pick is in the 10- 14 range, I think we could have a very good draft next season. And we never know, maybe we get lucky and move up in the less weighted lottery.

Correction, we were 6 and 16 over our last 22.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I've yet to be wrong about anything.

It's a good thing I've become more active on this site recently, then, because I'm wrong frequently.

We'll balance each other out nicely!

We still need more talent. Hopefully we end up with 2 top 10 picks next season and can turn those into at least one future star. Then we can focus on winning as much as possible and positioning ourselves for free agency.

• Like 1

Just like all the rest of us: right sometimes and wrong sometimes. I was right about Hawks trading back for Très. I was right about it being with Dallas. Difference being I have the emotional intelligence not to say ridiculous shit like I’m always right. NO one is always right. I e been wrong about plenty. No one on here is superior to the rest of us. 

• Like 3