• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta Omari Spellman

JayBirdHawk

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Corey Magette aka Josh Magette .... this is where I try to pretend like I did that on purpose.

Is it working? :ermm:

Oh I see what u did there...prolly got their body types mixed up. Because I can totally see our Magette doing a full backflip then slamming it in the dunk contest.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

When did we successfully have Taylor as the primary ballhandler and Dennis playing off the ball?  I don't remember this configuration driving wins.

Weeeelllll, It's kinda hard to say since we weren't really trying to win any games.

I'm sure someone with time can post some clips of games where they played together and what it looked like.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, did we not tender an offer or did we realize Buttz was gonna take him anyway and we were powerless to stop it?

No QO offered.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

... including yours?

Snicker, snicker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Three pages without a single Spellman post....

? I love the kid. I think we got ourselves a suuuuper high BBIQ player at the center/pf position. This guy really makes a ton of great reads. I saw a few plays that he made and far as finding the cutter to the hole and he straight up put the ball on a platter for them. Spellman is going to be a fan favoritoooooooo favoritooooooo babbbbbyyyy-Luis Fonz

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Weeeelllll, It's kinda hard to say since we weren't really trying to win any games.

I'm sure someone with time can post some clips of games where they played together and what it looked like.

(a) I think the time they played together was with Dennis being the primary ballhandler;

(b) I think it was not a very good look for us; and 

(c) It was sufficiently rare that they didn't get even play in a lineup that got 10 minutes together last season according to 82games.

http://www.82games.com/1718/17ATL4.HTM#5man

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Rudy Gobert just won defensive player of the year, and now he's obsolete??? I agree that big men with limited skillsets are becoming less useful, but in my opinion Bamba has the potential to surpass Gobert offensively. He's more athletic and he's at least shown the desire to improve his shooting and post moves. If you don't buy it that's fine since he didn't show much at Texas, but that's my opinion of him from the pre-draft process.

Championships?

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

? I love the kid. I think we got ourselves a suuuuper high BBIQ player at the center/pf position. This guy really makes a ton of great reads. I saw a few plays that he made and far as finding the cutter to the hole and he straight up put the ball on a platter for them. Spellman is going to be a fan favoritoooooooo favoritooooooo babbbbbyyyy-Luis Fonz

Agreed. I think he can play a major role as the main big off the bench in the modern NBA. He's smart, can hit 3's, and definitely has a passion and championship pedigree.

He's also tough as nails and I'm hoping he brings a 90s NBA style of fire to our team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, warcore said:

Agreed. I think he can play a major role as the main big off the bench in the modern NBA. He's smart, can hit 3's, and definitely has a passion and championship pedigree.

He's also tough as nails and I'm hoping he brings a 90s NBA style of fire to our team.

I want him to play some bully ball in the paint. Make players feel him.

• Like 3

I was pretty down on the Spellman pick when it happened.

But I went and listened to Yahoo's Draft Night coverage. Their analysts were calling for Spellman's name to be called from about the 25th pick in the first round.

And it was mentioned more than once that if he waited and came out next year that he would have been a lottery pick.

I also listened to Brad Rowland's Locked On Hawks podcast, where SI's Jeremy Woo described the Spellman pick as "inspired."

The Bleacher Report scouting report for Spellman is also very favorable, and thorough, suggesting that he even has the potential to be an elite big man.

And if you account for further improvement in his body/conditioning, I've definitely warmed up to this pick.

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I watched the NBA Gametime with our three draft picks. It was a loose and funny interview. A nickname someone came up with is TKO. I like it and Trae was made fun of because he did not understand at first that it referred to Trae, Kevin, Omari.

As far as Omari goes, Trae gave nice props to both his teammates and said Omari is underrated athletically and works hard on both ends of the floor.

Ooooooohhhhh TKO is niiiice! Me likes it!

• Like 4