• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the way Trae tossed Grayson's arm bar off, I don't think he will get punked. Him vs Dennis could make for some interesting and testy practice match ups,

I’m with you. I don’t think Trae lacks toughness. It looks like to me... that he had to calm himself down. He was about to flip Grayson ass upside down.  lol

• Like 1

Im starting to feel that Trae Youngs best fit this season is off ball sg. Right now heeds the others to help him get open. His lone made 3pt came from a catch and shoot opportunity. Young playing secondary ball handler may be his best fit early on. 

10 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Im starting to feel that Trae Youngs best fit this season is off ball sg. Right now heeds the others to help him get open. His lone made 3pt came from a catch and shoot opportunity. Young playing secondary ball handler may be his best fit early on. 

I’d be fine with this if he moved off ball more smh...I’d also be fine with this if I saw more player movement in pierces offense but right now not only does Trae look bad and confused, this is also one of the worst coached summer league hawk teams I think I’ve ever seen. Hell it may be the worst.

a lot of stuff Trae is lacking at i still feel can be coached up but the keywords is being coached.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, deester11 said:

Come on Soth...I supported the pick and all do, and I've noted there is a lot to improve on.  We get you hate him, but this is hopefully worse before better.  

I actually don't hate the kid. I'm sure he is a good person. I just hated the pick. Anyone who seriously watched college bball last season saw his one man stat padding routine got shut down HARD when they finally played actual competition. I  knew then this kid was going to be a gigantic bust at the NBA level and prayed, seriously prayed, hard that we wouldn't be the ones to draft him. And sure enough...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I actually don't hate the kid. I'm sure he is a good person. I just hated the pick. Anyone who seriously watched college bball last season saw his one man stat padding routine got shut down HARD when they finally played actual competition. I  knew then this kid was going to be a gigantic bust at the NBA level and prayed, seriously prayed, hard that we wouldn't be the ones to draft him. And sure enough...

He was the one kid I wanted if Bamba, Bagley, Doncic and Ayton were gone and Porter Jr was medically ruled out. Hes not a disappointment as he is extremely talented but as you see, its gonna take him getting extremely skilled to use his talent at a high level in the NBA. Patience is needed.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:29 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not with the new lottery odds.

Top 3 picks all have the same odds 14%

Picks 4 - 6 are only 5% away

In the old system, the worst team had a 25% chance of picking 1st, and a 37% chance of picking 4th.

In this new system, the worst team has a 14% chance of picking 1st, and a 48% chance of picking 5th.

dang! Well... we will mos def be top 3. lol

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My thoughts after watching the game:

1. Trae Young is highly skilled in passing and court awareness. (Pinpoint passing)

2. Who is #34 white guy on our team. I never wanna see him again. He might not be qualified to play in my rec league. He sucks. (Trae have him about 7 perfect passes..he converted 1).

3. Trae Young needs to watch the game and learn something new everyday. Take a lesson away from each and every game. With his skill level, it’s all about time and keeping his confidence high.

4. Alpha Kaba is a STRONG body. Dude is solid and he looks like he’s gotten more confident since last summer. Couple of plays impressed me and his overall rebounding.

5. The rims during summer league are rigged. They aren’t real.

6. Trae performs when the bright lights are on...that’s not summer league...everyone just relax.

7. Coach Lloyd could crack our starting rotation ? 

8. I hated Grayson Allen in college and it continues. I wanna see Grayson trip Draymond Green and the two of them fight. I’d root for a double KO.

9. @Sothron smile for me ? 

10. @kg01 I got nothin... ? 

I agree with all this.  #6 is yet to be determined though.  He appeared to respond to pressure as the games went on but he was a Giannis in the headlights against that MEM SL backcourt.

Kaba is just a guy.  Like 6 years away from being anything helpful JMHO.  Lawndale or Lindale (#34) was useless which underscores the biggest problem here .. that SL roster was TERRIBLE!!!  I mean, other than the draft picks, who on that roster might sniff a 10-day?  Who?  Tell me.  I'll wait.  I know the Jaylen guy got a look last year but dangit we were tanking.  Are any of them dudes actual prospects?  Huh?  I'm still waiting!  How's anybody supposed to do anything productive surrounded by dreck like #34?  How?

how?

And, before @Sothron chimes in and tells me I'm a Young apologist, I am in no way eggscusing Rayford's poor play on the poor-arse roster.  Sapphron been watchin' the games like this ...

hate

I get it, mayne.

And count me in on the mob lookin for Grayson to get a swift face-kick.  Oh and put Dennis Lindsey on the list to get a nut-kick too.  His fat-arse came on the broadcast saying he didn't know why Rayford got upset at the arm-bar, shoulder-lock, non-basketball foul Allen put on Young.  F U Lindsey.

• Like 2

vor 9 Stunden, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

The other Hawks sites are officially in panic mode, by the way.

Hawksquawk has always been the most objective and stable of the fan sites.  We're not off the cliff yet.

this site is also the only dennis hating site. yes, there is haters elsewhere too, but there they are instantly shut down by other posters than me.

maybe you people are cool...cool about having no idea and sticking with it.

• Premium Member

So the Basketball Messiah only managed 3-16 shooting for 10 points and six turnovers. Every other Hawks site let alone NBA site has been calling him out for being hot garbage. We have threads on this forum about not playing him at all now to protect his confidence going forwards. Smh. 

I'm just gonna keep watching all of these games with this kid like this:

giphy.gif

How much does a rebuild get set back when you whiff hard on your first top three draft pick?