• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tyler Dorsey

Wurider05

• Moderators

Dorsey rebounds well as of today ----- and that is it.  If he rebounds well, improves a little on D, and starts shooting the ball efficiently then he has a future.  

His future is not as a backup point.  It is nailing some shots and scrapping on D and the boards.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cwell said:

he's a guard that can barely dribble. Not really high on him as a rotation piece

Well we don’t have to have a SG that can dribble like Iverson . SGd can be affective like Korver by mastering other parts of the game like off ball movement, defense, etc.

Hes avg at dribbling at best But I want to see him work off the ball more, stay aggressive on defense, and keep that effort on the boards.

Just now, JTB said:

Well we don’t have to have a SG that can dribble like Iverson . SGd can be affective like Korver by mastering other parts of the game like off ball movement, defense, etc.

Hes avg at dribbling at best But I want to see him work off the ball more, stay aggressive on defense, and keep that effort on the boards.

He doesn't need to dribble like Iverson, but he does need to be able to protect the ball when I defender gets within a foot of him. Anytime a defender gets near him he loses control of the ball, high dribbles, dribbles off a foot etc. I also was never a fan of Korver, so not the best guy to bring up in this instance. Guys like Korver are the perfect example why I dislike those type of players, they get taken out of the game easy as pie. Of course they can get away with it in regular season when there's no game planning and you play a different team on a nightly basis, but once playoffs come and an opponent locks in on you, good night.

• Like 1

15 points and 14 rebounds from our guard. His play has been solid in Utah and continuing in Vegas.  Guess if you have to bash a player, pick on those roster fillers that are just taking up space and can’t throw it in the ocean.

So far I only see three players contributing in summer league play and they are Collins, Dorsey and Trae. The others should all go straight to the G league.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

15 points and 14 rebounds from our guard. His play has been solid in Utah and continuing in Vegas.  Guess if you have to bash a player, pick on those roster fillers that are just taking up space and can’t throw it in the ocean.

So far I only see three players contributing in summer league play and they are Collins, Dorsey and Trae. The others should all go straight to the G league.

He took 20 shots to get 14 points.  That is not good no matter what.  The ball stopped when he touched it.  

• Like 1

You can applaud the guy for getting the rebounds (I like the mixing it up), but when the ball goes to him or he controls it, it's like a black hole.  He's damn near a post player posting up only he's a SG who has dominated the ball to mixed results.  Sorry, but he's not been efficient at all and is a pain watching him try to push the ball up.  Spot up shooter?  I can live with, but he's ugh to me.  And...I am/was a Dorsey fan.  I would venture to say Huerter is going to show better overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

Adams when he gets some burn, Spellman and Cleveland would like a word. Now yes the rest you could get rid of but those six have been hooping.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:58 AM, Wurider05 said:

What is the ceiling for this guy?  His shot is looking good and he wasn't too bad last season. He is actually playing okay in the summer league.   

Ceiling James Harden (probably better outside than in). 

On 7/7/2018 at 7:54 PM, Peoriabird said:

I don't know why people hate this guy.

Agreed. I can see why he wasn't impressive initially as a pick but he has been improving and proving that he will be a nice addition to the team. Not that bad on defense/rebounding for his size. Can get his shots up pretty well from the outside and driving to the hole. Some people only see in hindsight.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sillent said:

Agreed. I can see why he wasn't impressive initially as a pick but he has been improving and proving that he will be a nice addition to the team. Not that bad on defense/rebounding for his size. Can get his shots up pretty well from the outside and driving to the hole. Some people only see in hindsight.

Apparently he is a workaholic too.  His shot will continue to get better and better.

• Like 1