• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have the Hawks shown any interest in Clint Capela

NBASupes

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Never been a Capela guy but it is quite puzzling why Houston playing around with him.

Nobody else has both money and interest in him right now.  They want to save some dollars and match whatever sheet he signs.  Centers without perimeter shots are at all all-time low for market value.  That said, I think they'll match any offer he gets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

This might be ignorant of me, but is there anything Capella does, that someone like Biyombo couldn't provide 80% of? Capella is too limited for me to be excited about, I think you can teach a lot of guys to do what he does.

No but there are not many guys like Capela and considering the style of play we are moving to. He would be the perfect center for that style. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nobody else has both money and interest in him right now.  They want to save some dollars and match whatever sheet he signs.  Centers without perimeter shots are at all all-time low for market value.  That said, I think they'll match any offer he gets.

Agree Houston won’t let him go. They don’t have long to make another run. The future is now. 

I really don't think it's all that teachable. You gotta have the gift, BBIQ and the mentality 

I suppose it's true those types of athletes are not common. You can draft all the Bebe's you want and they'll never get the timing down on when to run to the rim or come off their defender to contest a shot.

I just don't like paying big money to defensive players who are not skilled on offense. If the defense regresses even a little bit, the contract looks really bad ie. Biyombo or Asik. I don't deny the fit, but I would draft Mitchell Robinson before I'd offer Capela a contract that Rockets wouldn't match. Clint better take that QO.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I wouldn’t overpay for Capela right now. Granted we could flip him, he might impact our win total a bit much for this next season. We need one more draft next year before the hunt begins.

I agree.  No reason to screw up our cap space on a guy who maybe a product of what he plays with.  This just isn't the year to go after a Capella. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We aren't going to sign him. I imagine his camp is going to "leak news" that Atlanta might want to sign him to try and get him some extra $$$. He has the same agent that got bonzo dollars for guys like Steven Adams in OKC.

• Like 4

Just now, frosgrim said:

I agree.  No reason to screw up our cap space on a guy who maybe a product of what he plays with.  This just isn't the year to go after a Capella. 

I gotta tell ya it wouldn’t be good for me personally either because I have developed a bad habit of substituting his name and just saying “A cappella”everytime he’s mentioned on highlights. If he played 82 games for us, I’d go whacko.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

This might be ignorant of me, but is there anything Capella does, that someone like Biyombo couldn't provide 80% of? Capella is too limited for me to be excited about, I think you can teach a lot of guys to do what he does.

I get the comparison but Biyombo has some of the worse hands......EVER.

Biyombo parlayed one monster other wordly rebounding effort in the playoffs 2 years ago for Charlotte and of course the Magic overpaid him.

That said not interested in the Hawks overpaying for him. It's easy to look good on a team with CP and Harden along with a defined role. Ask him to do a little more on a team with less talent we'll be wondering by he's making so much money next year.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Biyombo parlayed one monster other wordly rebounding effort in the playoffs 2 years ago for Charlotte and of course the Magic overpaid him.

That said not interested in the Hawks overpaying for him. It's easy to look good on a team with CP and Harden along with a defined role. Ask him to do a little more on a team with less talent we'll be wondering by he's making so much money next year.

This.

• Like 1

Eggsactly, @JayBirdHawk @Spud2nique and @Sothron aka sothwrong (haha).

Capela is a system-created player destined to falter outside the confines of DAntoni's clutches.

Our only involvement here should be in asset-acquiring mode once HOU commences their tax-saving moves once they re-sign him.

Them slow-playing it is the move.  What TF else is Capela gonna do but wait and, as sothwrong so aptly put it, toss ATL to "sources" in hopes that it spurs the Rockets to panic.

• Like 1

I'd agree with all of that. If Young becomes a high usage, offensive juggernaut, then someone like Capela makes sense down the road. If we're signing an RFA center, I wouldn't mind making a serious run at Myles Turner next year. Worse rebounder and defender, but he can hit threes, move well in space and could function similarly enough on defense. I imagine he'd also look better with a PG like Trae setting him up. Can't be worse than the carousel he's had in the position in Indiana.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I cannot stand the fact he is such a poor free throw shooter ( .482 for his career ).

It’s Smart who we should be targeting ... we badly need that perimeter defense that he provides and he would the right mate next to Young

No to Smart too. He's way overrated. Take him off the Celtics and you'll be cussing him out for being useless on offense m
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Him and Collins would be an excellent fit both short and long term

Not feeling the fit for us, Horrible shooter who would look good with Trae in stints. He needs to do more than just look good in stints for the max it would take to even get Houston to flinch at matching. Houston can afford to hide him and bench him when they need to,