• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think it's good to have a personality like Dennis' on the roster if you're contending.

My main two concerns: (a) anytime a player has some off-court legal problems, it's good reason for concern that it's going to be a recurring thing... and (b) when he came into the league, I was among those who thought he would be dynamite defensively, and it just never even remotely seemed to become a strength of his game.

Agreed his D was one of the huge upside selling points being compared to Rondo. He was more of a Parker I guess..poor man’s.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Glad the deal is through. Hawks got good pieces. Justin Anderson is a nice backup 3. 

Sad for Dennis as Okc is a pretty bad situation for him. 

I'd like yall to take a second and think about how Dennis always gave it all he got even though he was a knucklehead before you throw fits at him.

Absolutely right.  Kid worked, got much better.  It was nice to watch his progression.  I'll be keeping tabs on him in OKC.  One of my favorite players, for some reason. 

• Like 2

Ayo @Spud2nique, I almost strangles my heat fan BIL yesterday.  Said us trading Teague was the worst thing we could've done.  Thinks we shoulda kept him, Millsap, etc.  I was like, dummy do you realize what that team woulda cost us to just fizzle the F out in round 2 every year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

My best guess is OKC will spend every trading period for the next 3 years trying to move Dennis to clear that charge.

I agree to some extent. OKC needs more scoring playing out West. If Dennis can get his head screwed on straight he could be a solid 6th man for them; and in the meantime if he cleans up his act, a possible trade chip in the future.

That pick could pay off even with the protection. George and Westbrook will be older but look at what Bron and ZBo did in their near mid thirties. If they are still holding their own, Presti will do everything in his power to keep them relevant,

vor 3 Minuten, kg01 sagte:

Absolutely right.  Kid worked, got much better.  It was nice to watch his progression.  I'll be keeping tabs on him in OKC.  One of my favorite players, for some reason. 

I f*cking hate how everyone turned his back on him. Its not that he did something throughout this offseason. Its agenda-driven shittalk against him what caused all that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

ICYMI, the Steve Holman radio supercut is coming up on 92.9 FM soon!

#DennisSchroderForTheLoveOfGawd

~lw3

I noticed your fingers were extremely quick on the Lin news but less quick on the starting a “Thank you Dennis” thread. Where’s the love?..-Bill Hader

Maybe we should let one of our German residents start that? Was that the ??

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think considering that OKC now has to pay the luxury tax on Dennis's contract in 2020 and 2021, it's hard to argue for lesser protection.

Paying the Luxury Tax is a concern for them, because they're still in "win now" mode.  They just didn't want to pay a gazillion dollars in Luxury Tax.

I'll also agree that trading Dennis had more to do with being able to clear his number completely off the books, than the rest of the league not wanting him.  Funny how the national media are actually liking this trade for OKC.

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Dennis is not a really good player though.  He's an inefficient shot chucker that doesn't do anything else at an acceptable level.

Dennis is a great penetrator.  He looked worse in our offense because we had no other playmakers so 3 players would collapse on him.  With Westbrook and George he will increase his efficiency.  

• Like 1

Just now, CBAreject said:

Dennis is a great penetrator.  He looked worse in our offense because we had no other playmakers so 3 players would collapse on him.  With Westbrook and George he will increase his efficiency.  

He has had one season in his entire career where his efficiency was not below average.  His career eFG% is 47.3%.  That's not good at all.  As good as he is at penetrating, he's equally bad as a finisher, perimeter shooter, and floor general, and he's completely inept as a defender mostly due to his lack of effort on that end.  

He's essentially Reggie Jackson as a player.  Similar contract and similar minimal impact on winning games.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Was Dennis ever better than Teague as a Hawk? I had hopes he would be. But I dont think he was...I wish him luck though..      #Traeday

I think after last season it is pretty self evident Teague is the better Point Guard. Can Dennis improve? Yes but I think his window of being a long time NBA starter is shrinking, Teague on the other hand has been a starter for 9 consecutive years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

His best hope is that playing beside Westbrook inspires him to improve drastically like it did for Oladipo, because he's never been efficient even when the Hawks had good teams. He's not a good enough finisher around the rim and struggles to get to the free throw line. Mix that with average at best shooting and you have a guy who is just not efficient.

Now mix that with poor playmaking ability, a bad attitude, and a lack of defense and you have a guy that should not be considered "really good." A really good backup perhaps.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He has had one season in his entire career where his efficiency was not below average.  His career eFG% is 47.3%.  That's not good at all.  As good as he is at penetrating, he's equally bad as a finisher, perimeter shooter, and floor general, and he's completely inept as a defender mostly due to his lack of effort on that end.  

He's essentially Reggie Jackson as a player.  Similar contract and similar minimal impact on winning games.

So in essence, Jackson gets to go back to OKC. lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I think after last season it is pretty self evident Teague is the better Point Guard. Can Dennis improve? Yes but I think his window of being a long time NBA starter is shrinking, Teague on the other hand has been a starter for 7 consecutive years.

Corrected. 7 consecutive years.

Dennis is a cautionary tale on why you don't pay a player based on what you think he can do.  Minnesota is finding that out with Andrew Wiggins now, and there are some contracts that have been signed this off season that tell the same tale.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, thecampster said:

And let's try to remember that Anderson costs 2.5 mil per year. Low risk, high reward. These are the savvy cap moves we've been looking for.

RFA next offseason. $3.65 mil QO.

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Dennis is not a really good player though.  He's an inefficient shot chucker that doesn't do anything else at an acceptable level.

Dennis is good enough to have a top 4 playoff level team trade for him.  Last year was not the year to try to judge Dennis, seeing that he was the only legit scoring threat on the squad.

He was just doing this a little over 14 months ago, when he had decent teammates around him.  Don't be shocked if he is really good in OKC, with much higher level players around him.

We're obviously playing the cap space game in hopes that we can throw a ton of money at a player or two, and hope he comes to the Hawks.  We've been in that situation before though, in 2004.  The next season, we had to frontload the contract of a restricted free agent, in order to bring someone in.

Trae is our only hope.  He has my full support, but he may lack the team support to be successful.

For this season, we may have better off keeping Melo, just to take some of the spotlight and scoring burden off of Trae.

• Like 1