• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, sturt said:

More likely 3 2nd round picks, of course.

Heeeeeyyyy. I thought CViv was pushed out of the beat a year ago? Why does he still show up?

I would never bet against Presti making the playoffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Heeeeeyyyy. I thought CViv was pushed out of the beat a year ago? Why does he still show up?

Michael Cunningham is too busy trying to make political statements?

• Like 1

This trade just destroyed all of our win projections for the year. I say this team wins 20 as an absolute max. At least I have a reason to really watch college ball this season. It should be fun watching Duke figure out how to turn Barrett, Reddish, and Williamson into a winning lineup.

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Don’t count out Prince. I think we immediately see him develop into a real impact player/analytics darling. I think CLP gets him playing defense up to his potential. He’s the icing on the cake if he develops into the type of two way player he could be.

Also, Don't forget Huerter, Spellman, + the top 10 protected Cleveland pick and top 5 protected Dallas pick.

Future looks really good for us Hawks fans.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute, EazyRoc sagte:

This trade just destroyed all of our win projections for the year. I say this team wins 20 as an absolute max. At least I have a reason to really watch college ball this season. It should be fun watching Duke figure out how to turn Barrett, Reddish, and Williamson into a winning lineup.

One of them will fall in the draft

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Brad Rowland is the worst thing that  ever happened to this franchise. 

Never seen a dude lowball his own franchise that much. 

Get outta here with that crap

He just contributes to a fan site. He has no affect on what the franchise actually does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Lin should start at the beginning of the season. Young needs to earn the starting spot.

Lin shouldn't automatically get a starting spot just because he is a vet. He is coming back from a major season ending injury.

We don't know what condition he will be in when he returns to the court.

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute, DBac sagte:

He just contributes to a fan site. He has no affect on what the franchise actually does.

No but his and other beat writers work still seriously affects the hawks.

If beat writers on fan sites or a column constantly shit-talk 80% of the franchise you don't have to wonder when other guys without inside start repeating those phrases until it becomes a fact.

Thats were it actually starts hurting the Hawks in value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

One of them will fall in the draft

Not that I don’t agree, but all three could be really really good pros. Barrett and Reddish should sit right at the top. Williamson is the most likely because he doesn’t really have a position in the pros yet. Reddish has to prove he is an NBA athlete. His skill set reminds me of Nicolas Batum. Barrett has to prove he can handle better and shoot, but looks like a no brainer in every other aspect of his game. The comparison to DeRozan I’ve been seeing seems fair. Williamson has the most to prove IMO. Regardless of what position he will be able to defend, he’s got to prove that he can be a shooting threat off the catch at minimum. He is an extremely rare athlete though, but he’s got to develop his game the most out of the 3. Neither of them seem, on paper, like they will play all that well together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlHomer said:

Thanks for the link...Here is the key info on the pick:

"The 2022 first-round pick is protected 1-14, and becomes two second-round picks if not conveyed in that first year, league sources said."

vor 2 Minuten, EazyRoc sagte:

Not that I don’t agree, but all three could be really really good pros. Barrett and Reddish should sit right at the top. Williamson is the most likely because he doesn’t really have a position in the pros yet. Reddish has to prove he is an NBA athlete. His skill set reminds me of Nicolas Batum. Barrett has to prove he can handle better and shoot, but looks like a no brainer in every other aspect of his game. The comparison to DeRozan I’ve been seeing seems fair. Williamson has the most to prove IMO. Regardless of what position he will be able to defend, he’s got to prove that he can be a shooting threat off the catch at minimum. He is an extremely rare athlete though, but he’s got to develop his game the most out of the 3. Neither of them seem, on paper, like they will play all that well together.

I'm not disagreeing either. In fact the one that will fall will likely be a high value pick. They are all crazy talented.

The thing is there's no place in one team for 3 first option type of players. They have to share usage which results in at least one of them dropping in the rankings

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

OKC isn't going to miss the playoffs, but right now our war chest is very very good (It not Boston good but )

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

OKC isn't going to miss the playoffs, but right now our war chest is very very good (It not Boston good but )

50 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I would never bet against Presti making the playoffs.

4 years in the NBA is an awful long time. No team's status is all that certain when you get out that far... and for that matter, no team's GM's status is all that certain from year to year... the bad ones lose jobs, the good ones get poached by other teams.

You know this.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I called Travis Trader Trav the other day. He is not sitting still and if he thinks you are a negative with attitude you can certainly count on your days as being numbered. D12, Bud, and now Dennis.

I don't like paying Melo his whole 28 million but if this does not convince the antagonist people that Ressler is not cheap, nothing will.

Not cheap but incredibly wasteful with Ressler's money. How many high dollar people has he bought out with nothing to show for it? If I was ressler, I'd tell slinky that he's gonna pay for it out his own pocket. In essence we paid $28 million superstar money for a mediocre draft pick.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

4 years in the NBA is an awful long time. No team's status is all that certain when you get out that far... and for that matter, no team's GM's status is all that certain from year to year... the bad ones lose jobs, the good ones get poached by other teams.

You know this.

It will be the former rather than the latter.