• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And nobody wants to admit to this.  This more than likely isn't going to be a lottery pick that we get 4 years from now.   It'll be a pick somewhere around 15 - 24.   Essentially, we're buying out of Schröder's contract early, to get another pick in the range that we chose Schröder in.

It's better than nothing, I guess.

You would hope that pick conveys because that's the first year the one and done rule is back in affect.  You technically can get a lottery talent in that range.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This may shock some coming from me, but I've been studying Justin Anderson some over the past couple of hours.  This guy could potentially do for Atlanta what Jae Crowder did for Boston during their rebuild.  They are very similar players, and their age 24 stats when compared to one another are very similar.  

I'll say it.  We will look back on this trade by Travis Schlenk and call this a heist for the Hawks because of the impact Justin Anderson will have on winning actual games.  He may not put up flashy numbers, but his versatile defense and developing offensive efficiency will be a big key in keeping the Hawks from staying at the bottom for multiple years.  

I like this pick up.

Call me shocked...lol. 

28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Nice...well with "communities" being cross realm that might be a thing now...add me  gmcamp#1736 .

Sure i got ya boss main 2 im playing is  Dalaran Alliance the last few months  and Mannoroth Horde since 2004 until the last few months where i swapped a character or 2 to see what the other side was like after 13+ years lol.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

This may shock some coming from me, but I've been studying Justin Anderson some over the past couple of hours.  This guy could potentially do for Atlanta what Jae Crowder did for Boston during their rebuild.  They are very similar players, and their age 24 stats when compared to one another are very similar.  

I'll say it.  We will look back on this trade by Travis Schlenk and call this a heist for the Hawks because of the impact Justin Anderson will have on winning actual games.  He may not put up flashy numbers, but his versatile defense and developing offensive efficiency will be a big key in keeping the Hawks from staying at the bottom for multiple years.  

I like this pick up.

So what you are saying is I won you over to the dark side again?

• Premium Member
You would hope that pick conveys because that's the first year the one and done rule is back in affect.  You technically can get a lottery talent in that range.   

Dennis was a good pick in that range. he was getting better just regressed last season on both ends of the floor when asked to take on the bigger role that the team required to win games and quite frankly what they gave him a generous contract for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And nobody wants to admit to this.  This more than likely isn't going to be a lottery pick that we get 4 years from now.   It'll be a pick somewhere around 15 - 24.   Essentially, we're buying out of Schröder's contract early, to get another pick in the range that we chose Schröder in.

It's better than nothing, I guess.

Nobody wants to admit that a pick that is top 14 protected won’t end up conveying a top 14 pick?  That seems a bit hyperbolic.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nobody wants to admit that a pick that is top 14 protected won’t end up conveying a top 14 pick?  That seems a bit hyperbolic.

Lol exactly....And who doesn’t want to admit it ? Lol...this trade was done primarily to unload Dennis and make way for the Trae era

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

? I won’t lie though I always did like Dennis. Then again I just seem to love anyone on the Hawks team..well..most but tolerate all ? 

I liked Dennis as well and I do think he will have good years in OKC. I think Westbrook and PG can bring the dog out in him like we saw when he was a pest on defense.
I'm on board with the trade. Wish the pick was unprotected but most likely it'll turn out to be a moot point.
Here's to hoping Klay and KAT wanna team up here next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

What i want to know is who in the world thought we was going get a lottery pick in the 1st round in any year for Dennis?  The fact we could get any pick in the 1st round in the next 5 years for Dennis to me is considered a win considering most people thought he had negative value thats not Hawks fans considering we liked him alot more than most people do.

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

In Schlenk we trust

Im not gonna even lie thats bad ass looking XD

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

What i want to know is who in the world thought we was going get a lottery pick in the 1st round in any year for Dennis?  The fact we could get any pick in the 1st round in the next 5 years for Dennis to me is considered a win considering most people thought he had negative value thats not Hawks fans considering we liked him alot more than most people do.

Im not gonna even lie thats bad ass looking XD

During the few months leading up to the draft I posted numerous trade scenarios for Dennis. In each, I argued with other posters that he had at worst neutral value and not negative value. That the best deal for Dennis would be Dennis + low 1st rounder for Bad salary + high first rounder (or some variation thereof).  In pretty much every possibility, I had us trading Dennis + assets for bad contract + better assets.  There were about 3 of us arguing with the entire board on the subject at one time or another.

I also at one point floated a very similar deal but with Baze not Dennis as OKC needed a wing, not a PG.

Log on more often...we say some really crazy stuff after midnight.

6 hours ago, DBac said:

Anyone else enjoying KB deal with generally liking the talent acquisitions that Travis makes while also hating the direction he's taken the team :biggrin:

Haha.  He and soth deserve a mountain of comeuppance for all the complainin they been doing.

I'll admit, as a staunch Slink hater, this was probably as good a deal as could be had.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I've had a love hate relationship over the years,  but he actuality won me over at the beginning of last season. I thought he played well and was setting teammates up better than in the past. I stopped watching about 10 games in because it was some of the worst basketball I've been subjected to in a while. A bunch of broke boys taking primarily 3 pointers was not something I could stomach, so I'm not sure what went off the rails in Dennis season to make, so many on the Squawk turn on him. 

Those who liked Dennis from the beginning didn't necessarily turn on him.  There was no denying he had "dog" in him.  There was no denying that he was stubborn at times too.  Sometimes to the detriment of the team.  I personally think he needs to get his head out of the clouds and work on the finer points of the game.

Some people were overly critical and I'm sure the losing didn't help.  I give him credit for wanting to win.  In the end though, he gave his haters ammunition to keep hating.  That's not turning on him, that's just what it is.

• Like 1