• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets after Baze

Vol4ever

26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If we wait a few weeks, it could be Anderson + Hartenstein + picks for Baze and that would work. Stole that from a Houston fan.  Assuming Dorsey/Bembry pans out and / or Justin Anderson getting minutes replaces Baze, then getting Hartenstein in the deal moves the needle.

I am all about getting more picks. Except for one season in 2015/16, Anderson has pretty much been garbage since his injury in 2013/14. Two 1st round picks would make me feel better about this trade.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I could understand us making a deal if somehow we were winning too many games, otherwise I'd rather keep Bazemore. Getting the cap space a year earlier is nice, but unless Schlenk knows who he can secure in free agency I'd rather keep Bazemore until a better deal comes along. I'd only deal Bazemore if I thought we could make play for Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler. And that's not happening unless something else unprecedented happens.

Anderson and Baze's contract run the same length, 2 years so no year earlier capspace.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anderson and Baze's contract run the same length, 2 years so no year earlier capspace.

What’s the chances of dumping baze and plumlee to Houston for Anderson + picks and the other young kid.

if it’s possible to get rid of plumlee contract I think it’s worth it since technically we have two bad deals left in baze and plumlee (baze not as bad of course) but IF we can go from two bad contracts to one in Anderson’s I say do it ....we have nothing to lose and much to gain with youth

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

What’s the chances of dumping baze and plumlee to Houston for Anderson + picks and the other young kid.

if it’s possible to get rid of plumlee contract I think it’s worth it since technically we have two bad deals left in baze and plumlee (baze not as bad of course) but IF we can go from two bad contracts to one in Anderson’s I say do it ....we have nothing to lose and much to gain with youth

I think Houston is over the cap so rhey don't have space to take back all our salary without taking back equal salary.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Houston is over the cap so rhey don't have space to take back all our salary without taking back equal salary.

Without the Hawks taking back at least equal salary.

My bad. Time flies, but that contract hasn't been that bad honestly. Makes less sense though to do the deal then. Maybe if the pick was unprotected in 2022 or something it would make more sense.

I like my dude baze and he’s great for locker room presence but let’s be real he’s not apart of this rebuild for the long hall at 28.

i feel like we should allow him a chance to win somewhere else though I know he’s fully committed to the A...while I appreciate that as we don’t get many players that are I rather he get to a better team than to just be used by schlenk .

baze doesn’t make a huge difference on our record in my opinion. We aren’t going to win a lot of games if he’s here or not. The only difference is that we are a little better with him around but he don’t move the needle like that! He’s not an all star player just a good role player for a playoff team.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JTB said:

Houston won't absorb the extra salary. They'd want to include Anderson and about 8 million of salary to balance it out. Only player on Houston that balances that out is PJ Tucker. So what you're suggesting is  Anderson+Tucker for Plumlee + Baze. I'm not thinking they include incentives to do that.

Just now, thecampster said:

Houston won't absorb the extra salary. They'd want to include Anderson and about 8 million of salary to balance it out. Only player on Houston that balances that out is PJ Tucker. So what you're suggesting is  Anderson+Tucker for Plumlee + Baze. I'm not thinking they include incentives to do that.

No really I was saying if it were possible to make that trade we need to of course gain something so I figured dumping two bad contracts for one bad contract is a steal and the way to go or even dumping 2 bad contracts and taking back expiring deals plus picks is a good trade for us as well.

but I knew Houston was over the cap in the back of mind.

Trading Bazemore just because is a absolutely terrible move. Trading him for Anderson is another terrible move. Rockets don’t have anything unless they’d offer up a 2021 unprotected 1st round pick.

• Like 3

Just did some research on New Orleans. Baze has a player option for next year...the contracts are effectively both for 2 years at an average of 19 mil (Baze) and 13 mil (Hill).

Positives - New Orleans has all of their draft picks going forward except of a future 2nd swap with Chicago. New Orleans is over the cap but 16 million under the LT. They have room to absorb salary.

Negatives - Solomon Hill is pretty bad on paper. He would be a $6 million savings on the cap this year and next compared to Baze but is a far worse player. His contract is unmovable without giving up an asset. He is an emergency player only.  New Orleans is a fringe playoff team so any pick we would get would be 15-20 at best. Baze would be a huge benefit for them and would improve them greatly, lowering the pick value.

Considerations - The difference in salary between Hill and Baze is greater than 5 million but the highest salary is less than 19 million.  New Orleans would have to include 1.5 million (ish) in salary to make the trade work depending on how the Len signing and Melo Buyout works. If the trade would push us below the cap then no other salary is required...it is close and I haven't done the math because I don't have exact numbers on Len/Melo.

Based on the difference between the players but the increased salary for Baze...this looks like

Baze for Hill + 1st or Baze for Hill + either Clark or Jackson + 1st.  If we take a 2nd player it requires us to waive someone or that player.

16 hours ago, KB21 said:

Schlenk is trying too hard to move Bazemore for little value.  With the space the Hawks now have, they don't have to move him with little value in return.  It doesn't do the Hawks any good to take on a contract that runs longer than Baze's either.  

I agree if this is true. But I havent heard Travis say hes willing to move Baze for little value...............Source?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

Remember when I told you guys that Kevin Huerter was going to get a lot of time whether he earns it or not?  If this deal happens, Kevin Huerter is likely the starting shooting guard for the Hawks in 2018.

If he moves Bazemore, those of you who truly believe Travis's intent is to be competitive need to wake up because this would be a clear tanking move.

How so? Hueter fits the pace/space system better than Baze. Plus Lin can play SG. We might win 3 more games MAX with Baze as we would without. lol

4 hours ago, JTB said:

I like my dude baze and he’s great for locker room presence but let’s be real he’s not apart of this rebuild for the long hall at 28.

i feel like we should allow him a chance to win somewhere else though I know he’s fully committed to the A...while I appreciate that as we don’t get many players that are I rather he get to a better team than to just be used by schlenk .

baze doesn’t make a huge difference on our record in my opinion. We aren’t going to win a lot of games if he’s here or not. The only difference is that we are a little better with him around but he don’t move the needle like that! He’s not an all star player just a good role player for a playoff team.

Exactly..

So after a bit of thought, I'm thinking the leaks on the potential Hawks deals for Baze is very similar to the Dennis deal. I think they are trying to either A) up interest or B) get that 3rd team involved and act as a pass through for Anderson.