• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Year May Be Most Memorable!!

sillent

When we look back at this year it may go down in Hawks history! 3 draft picks emulating the champions of now GS Warriors. Getting another #5 pick with Alex Len. Getting names like Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter and Jeremy Lin even if they aren't/weren't mainstays or in their haydays. If we have a decent season and continue going up from here on out we could be talking about this year as the start of a new Hawks history for years to come!  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Melo was bought out.

Doesn't change the fact that this off season, he passed this way.  Years later, when talking about this year's Hawks, he can and will be mentioned, as Sillent said.  He is now a tiny part of our history.  Seems that I remember that the Hawks did get something out of this deal, did they not?

:ahf:

• Like 1

We got rid of Dennis's three year contract hit, acquired Justin Anderson, and a lottery protected pick in 2022. I would say that Melo trade will have a nice little impact this year and in the future.

• Like 4

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We got rid of Dennis's three year contract hit, acquired Justin Anderson, and a lottery protected pick in 2022. I would say that Melo trade will have a nice little impact this year and in the future.

The trade will.  Melo won't.  We could have traded for any expiring salary.   Didn't matter that Melo was attached.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

The trade will.  Melo won't.  We could have traded for any expiring salary.   Didn't matter that Melo was attached.

But it is something to talk about. You are way to serious today,

Example 10 years from now:

Do you remember that crazy trade Travis Schlenk pulled off that got us Melo for a minute?

You mean the one when we cut him almost the next day?

Yes, we ended up with that kid Anderson and then drafted so and so in 22.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Doesn't change the fact that this off season, he passed this way.  Years later, when talking about this year's Hawks, he can and will be mentioned, as Sillent said.  He is now a tiny part of our history.  Seems that I remember that the Hawks did get something out of this deal, did they not?

:ahf:

Exactly!! No matter how we got them people will mainly remember the big names/moves.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

But it is something to talk about. You are way to serious today,

Example 10 years from now:

Do you remember that crazy trade Travis Schlenk pulled off that got us Melo for a minute?

You mean the one when we cut him almost the next day?

Yes, we ended up with that kid Anderson and then drafted so and so in 22.

I just really don’t like him getting a Hawks jersey.  Earn it or don’t have it.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 10:15 PM, AHF said:

I just really don’t like him getting a Hawks jersey.  Earn it or don’t have it.

His name being attached to ours as one of the biggest turn arounds in Hawks history will be a part of him earn it. 

18 hours ago, DrReality said:

and people say we can’t attract super stars.   

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sillent said:

His name being attached to ours as one of the biggest turn arounds in Hawks history will be a part of him earn it. 

I guess you are all about Jamal Crawford’s important role?

18 hours ago, AHF said:

I guess you are all about Jamal Crawford’s important role?

Jamal Crawford actually played 2 yrs with us and although defense was lacking he actually did have an important role. I don't quite get the question on that one. Maybe if you said Rasheed Wallace that would be a closer comparison. Rasheed actually played a great one game with us (I believe I was there) but that move brought on the young Josh Smith. If Josh's talent/mindset/mentality/IQ were different that move too would be an even bigger story in Hawks History. He was the closes thing resembling Nique for us and he actually liked playing defense. Oh well I guess memory lane but new history coming soon and we're all witnessing history in the infancy stages. Some recognize it better than others.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sillent said:

Jamal Crawford actually played 2 yrs with us and although defense was lacking he actually did have an important role. I don't quite get the question on that one. Maybe if you said Rasheed Wallace that would be a closer comparison. Rasheed actually played a great one game with us (I believe I was there) but that move brought on the young Josh Smith. If Josh's talent/mindset/mentality/IQ were different that move too would be an even bigger story in Hawks History. He was the closes thing resembling Nique for us and he actually liked playing defense. Oh well I guess memory lane but new history coming soon and we're all witnessing history in the infancy stages. Some recognize it better than others.

I think he meant the most recent Jamaal Crawford trade, like last year when he actually played in Minny.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, sillent said:

The fact that you thought about his years playing for the Hawks and don't even register his role in our rebuild speaks volumes about the significance of Melo's role.  Crawford time playing with us is memorable.  His time as filler in a trade means as much as Melo's role - nothing.  Just salary filling a hole.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

The fact that you thought about his years playing for the Hawks and don't even register his role in our rebuild speaks volumes about the significance of Melo's role.  Crawford time playing with us is memorable.  His time as filler in a trade means as much as Melo's role - nothing.  Just salary filling a hole.

I pretty much agree because I did forget the double Crawf move but.... It's Melo and he got a Hawks jersey. It's going to be hard to forget a superstar name like Melo.