• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we please bench Prince and start Bembry? Damn!

JTB

PLAYING IT COOL (trying):

I wanted to get on here and rant about Prince (which will probably happen as I type this) and list all the reasons I believe Schlenk should trade him now but I’m going to take that step back and not do what so many on here would say “overreact” (maybe)

instead I’m going to watch and see how long it take coach pierce to put prince in his place and demands he runs the offense like all the other players or else.

BUT FIRST LETS BE REAL ABOUT OUR OWN PLAYER:

Face it folks! Prince is ass in this team system! Like it or not Ya boy Prince under bud was not this selfish ass player we’ve seen so far this season . He was a team player on all phases under Bud but now...now it’s all about Tauran!

LETS NOT MAKE EXCUSES:

Already we got squawk members (I will not call any names) taking up for Prince saying “he’s the only one that can create his own shot”...bullshit folks! Bull...f***ing...shit....if creating your shots only consist of getting your shot off while being defended and taking contested jumpers time and time again than our rookie Trae Young is equally as talented at doing this if he chose to do so and if that is the case then the hell with the offense pierce and staff is trying to establish here! Just have Trae our top pick size up his opponent and take jumpers too like beloved Prince! ??‍♂️

......hell All prince has proven to us is that he can get his jumpshot off vs heavy defense. But but but Trae can do that too! Yet the rookie is way less ignorant than the 3 year vet!!!

BACK TO KEEPING IT CALM:

Im calling Prince out on his new mentality and not his Skills . Skill wise he can be better in this offensive system but mentality wise after rewatching the past two games and clips from all the games this season  Prince has shown mentality wise that he’s ignorant to the point of trying to be the star...be the man...be the shit and I don’t see how in the hell we can keep that mentality on a young team trying to implement a ball sharing offense all while developing players. Prince is so josh smith like right now I’m surprised he’s been getting off the hook with all this shit! You’re crazy if you think this isolation prince shit is going to rub off well in the locker room as time goes on! Young team or not his isolation skills aren’t that great to let his shit pass by unfazed.

REMEMBER BUDS FIRST YEAR WITH LOU AKA SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR?:

this is the Lou Williams problem when bud came his first year...I knew Lou (a talented ass scorer) would be gone. He didn’t fit the system bud was trying to run and it was so clear! Lou had the talent but mentally he just only knew how to look for his own shot most of the time. Fast forward to today and Prince is Lou in this same situation and mentally he don’t fit what coach LP is trying to do here offensively. This is enough games to see it that his mentality has changed for the bad in my opinion.

PRINCE NEED A DAMN TIMEOUT FOLKS! START BEMBRY!:

i can’t wait for ballstopping prince to go to the bench and to see Bembry given a chance with the starters! I don’t want to here no bullshit about “when Collins get back....” 

no no no prince has im the man attitude right now it don’t matter whose on the court. Remember it’s not about wins  that W/L column isn’t my concern...it’s about how our team is playing as a group both offensively and defensively and watching them grow together . Not watching one man try to be the next Kobe or Jordan and launch shots everytime he touches the damn ball.

RANT OVER!

• Like 3

Just now, JTB said:

Yup when Prince don’t touch the ball. But you have to watch the games to know that!?

Well, it's offensive.  I'll say that much.  It basically consists of a high pick hand off to chuck up a three point shot, or a pick and roll play to the basket.  That's pretty much it at this point.  

1 hour ago, AHF said:

With Prince this season, I think we've seen some games where he was not pressing for his shot at all and several (especially the last week or so) where he has been pressing and taking high difficulty shots, etc.  I'm not ready to mark him down as a fixed player ballhog yet.  I do want to see him passing a lot more than the last couple nights.

(Note that while Young no doubt keeps the ball moving better, it is Young who has taken the most shots on the team, not Prince.)

Do you think he is in the team's long term plans?

2 hours ago, JTB said:

PLAYING IT COOL (trying):

I wanted to get on here and rant about Prince (which will probably happen as I type this) and list all the reasons I believe Schlenk should trade him now but I’m going to take that step back and not do what so many on here would say “overreact” (maybe)

instead I’m going to watch and see how long it take coach pierce to put prince in his place and demands he runs the offense like all the other players or else.

BUT FIRST LETS BE REAL ABOUT OUR OWN PLAYER:

Face it folks! Prince is ass in this team system! Like it or not Ya boy Prince under bud was not this selfish ass player we’ve seen so far this season . He was a team player on all phases under Bud but now...now it’s all about Tauran!

LETS NOT MAKE EXCUSES:

Already we got squawk members (I will not call any names) taking up for Prince saying “he’s the only one that can create his own shot”...bullshit folks! Bull...f***ing...shit....if creating your shots only consist of getting your shot off while being defended and taking contested jumpers time and time again than our rookie Trae Young is equally as talented at doing this if he chose to do so and if that is the case then the hell with the offense pierce and staff is trying to establish here! Just have Trae our top pick size up his opponent and take jumpers too like beloved Prince! ??‍♂️

......hell All prince has proven to us is that he can get his jumpshot off vs heavy defense. But but but Trae can do that too! Yet the rookie seems to have a higher IQ than the 3 year vet!!!

BACK TO KEEPING IT CALM:

Im calling Prince out on his new mentality and not his Skills . Skill wise he can be better in this offensive system but mentality wise after rewatching the past two games and clips from all the games this season  Prince has shown mentality wise that he’s ignorant to the point of trying to be the star...be the man...be the shit and I don’t see how in the hell we can keep that mentality on a young team trying to implement a ball sharing offense all while developing players. Prince is so josh smith like right now I’m surprised he’s been getting off the hook with all this shit! You’re crazy if you think this isolation prince shit is going to rub off well in the locker room as time goes on! Young team or not his isolation skills aren’t that great to let his shit pass by unfazed.

REMEMBER BUDS FIRST YEAR WITH LOU AKA SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR?:

this is the Lou Williams problem when bud came his first year...I knew Lou (a talented ass scorer) would be gone. He didn’t fit the system bud was trying to run and it was so clear! Lou had the talent but mentally he just only knew how to look for his own shot most of the time. Fast forward to today and Prince is Lou in this same situation and mentally he don’t fit what coach LP is trying to do here offensively. This is enough games to see it that his mentality has changed for the bad in my opinion.

PRINCE NEED A DAMN TIMEOUT FOLKS! START BEMBRY!:

i can’t wait for ballstopping prince to go to the bench and to see Bembry given a chance with the starters! I don’t want to here no bullshit about “when Collins get back....” 

no no no prince has im the man attitude right now it don’t matter whose on the court. Remember it’s not about wins  that W/L column isn’t my concern...it’s about how our team is playing as a group both offensively and defensively and watching them grow together . Not watching one man try to be the next Kobe or Jordan and launch shots everytime he touches the damn ball.

RANT OVER!

I'm still a Prince advocate but I'm with you right up to here. Still 7 games at the start of the season is not an evaluation. To prove my point look at the standings now and look at them 20 - 30 games in for each team. I was a J Smoove fan and he did get to the point of that annoying momentum stopper. The main reason we were so upset with him is because of all the progress he made with driving, passing and the mid range but would rather shoot lazy momentum breaking 3's. Not  to mention he stopped using alot of his athleticism on offense and defense. Most of the comparisons to ex Hawks players don't quite compare. They do....but they don't. Lou didn't play Defense, Rebound, (Pass...cough Taurean). 

A couple more things Bembry is great but on this team he is that spark we need off the bench. Once we get John Collins back :biggrin: (who Prince believes is a great teammate), Dedmon and eventually Huerter (hopefully he's ready soon) as starters we can truly know our team. Even than we may need a month to truly gain chemistry. Either way the starters will run more with Len on the bench and Collins playing. Which for Prince means he will get alot more easy buckets on the run which should help him play the rest of his game more in rhythm. When he's in rhythm he makes good plays and focused shots. 

Also coach Pierce is a good coach (mentor) the way I see Baze getting better (decision-wise) from game to game. If anything you can say Taurean is Bazing it up. I'm sure Coach Pierce sees that with Prince right now and will nip that in the Bud...   

Prince is a keeper. KB21 has somewhat a point. Since we're in the whole rebuild mode right now, Prince think it's okay to play "hero"
 ball. I think once he starts trusting his teammates, the turnover will start to lower. I would love to see much more ball movement with this team considering we have some really good shooters. 

4 hours ago, BudBall said:

Turnovers are the biggest problem with him right now. He makes a lot of low IQ plays.

Those 15-20 games from the end of last season where he looked so poised on the ball and initiating were certainly an anomaly.  It’s like a light came on, now the bulb is blown.

I actually thought about the lineup yesterday and without sounding too radical or hot-takey TP wouldn’t crack my 10 man ro.  Off personal preference and building experience I’m going Trae-Bembry-Huerter-Collins-Ded then Lin-Dorsey-Baze-Spelman-Len.  My God we need a True Wingman.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Those 15-20 games from the end of last season where he looked so poised on the ball and initiating were certainly an anomaly.  It’s like a light came on, now the bulb is blown.

I actually thought about the lineup yesterday and without sounding too radical or hot-takey TP wouldn’t crack my 10 man ro.  Off personal preference and building experience I’m going Trae-Bembry-Huerter-Collins-Ded then Lin-Dorsey-Baze-Spelman-Len.  My God we need a True Wingman.

This is also a knee jerk reaction to the typical up and down type of play you get from young players in the NBA.  If you bench Prince and start Bembry, within a week, you will be saying that Bembry shouldn't even be on the roster and then start clamoring for Tyler Dorsey, who isn't even a credible NBA player.  Daniel Hamilton has far more potential than Tyler Dorsey, who will be playing in Greece after this season.  

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah....no....the thing is even when those shots dropped those first 4 games he was still being this selfish player and not playing within the offense. @benhillboy was the first person I noticed on these boards to call it out . 

I made the mistake and took it as “oh he’s hot so the team is just feeding him, ok that’s cool”?? ....before realizing.....”oh he thinks this is his damn team, oh look another contested shot” ?

Anyways he’s going to get the pass if the shots go in but my concern is how does a young team supposed to get better as a unit if he’s going to play hero ball?! I’m not knocking the man skills (I know he could be a very good player) however  I’m simply stating that his mindset is now I’m the go to man...and he’s just not that type of reliable scorer.

14 hours ago, AHF said:

With Prince this season, I think we've seen some games where he was not pressing for his shot at all and several (especially the last week or so) where he has been pressing and taking high difficulty shots, etc.  I'm not ready to mark him down as a fixed player ballhog yet.  I do want to see him passing a lot more than the last couple nights.

(Note that while Young no doubt keeps the ball moving better, it is Young who has taken the most shots on the team, not Prince.)

Ok and like you said Young has kept the ball moving better therefore I’m sure though Young has taken the most shots, way more has come within the flow of the offense however with Taurean once the ball lands in his hands during whatever possession it more than likely stays in his hands until he throws up a contested shot.

its a great thing Prince don’t always touch the ball every possession. And I disagree with the pressing comment because I’m seeing a player that’s played the exact same the first 7 games that just has different results of shots going in and shots not going in...(same style of play).

7 hours ago, KB21 said:

This is also a knee jerk reaction to the typical up and down type of play you get from young players in the NBA.  If you bench Prince and start Bembry, within a week, you will be saying that Bembry shouldn't even be on the roster and then start clamoring for Tyler Dorsey, who isn't even a credible NBA player.  Daniel Hamilton has far more potential than Tyler Dorsey, who will be playing in Greece after this season.  

I disagree it’s not a knee jerk reaction...I don’t give a shit if prince is making these iso type of  shots or not ! the point is he’s not playing within the offense at all since the season started. 

I want him out the lineup for Bembry cause Bembry is actually trying to play within the offense. I’m not worried about the shots dropping or the W/L column I just want to see this team play like a damn team and when a player gets hot WITHIN THE SYSTEM...feed that player!

a knee jerk reaction is yanking Trae out the lineup cause his shots aren’t always falling yet he’s trying his best to run the offense...Prince on the other hand is just jacking up shots! No flow whatsoever.