• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF Dominique??

Wurider05

• Moderators

Hopefully someone will let Nique know that Lin was born and bred here in the US.  What surprises me a little about it is that it suggests he may have never talked to the guy and as a Hawks legend and current broadcaster I would have figured he would have gotten some face time with everyone on the team by now.  

Nique isn't the world's worst commentator but the main thing he brings is more his experience and past history with the team than anything in his analysis.  This is one of many errors.  Won't be the last.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Oh god who cares about "race tone", I'm so sick of all this PC bs. It was a stupid comment, and shows he doesn't know anything about Lin... which is odd but not racist.  I miss the days when this nonsense wasn't an issue.

Not to derail the conversation, but which days were those? It's always been an issue, it's just got more attention now, and for the better IMO.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LaChina Robinson is very good at what she does.

I'm just not cool with our fan base crapping on Nique, just because they feel that he's not "top notch".  Nique is a little "homerish", but so is Bob.  But otherwise, they objectively call the game as they see it.

Nique sucks at this but he is way better than he used to be

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Oh god who cares about "race tone", I'm so sick of all this PC bs. It was a stupid comment, and shows he doesn't know anything about Lin... which is odd but not racist.  I miss the days when this nonsense wasn't an issue.

I didn't say it was racist. I said it is hard to ignore the race tone that Nique clearly thought Lin was a non American based off his race. I know Nique is not a racist. Never would say he was. It was just a poorly worded and inaccurate thing for him to say.

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I didn't say it was racist. I said it is hard to ignore the race tone that Nique clearly thought Lin was a non American based off his race. I know Nique is not a racist. Never would say he was. It was just a poorly worded and inaccurate thing for him to say.

I see it as a 100% wrong assumption.  No issue with the wording.  Just the idea was totally wrong.

2 hours ago, High5 said:

Those aren't cliches, they're catch phrases. And Nique's problem isn't either one of those. He just repeats normal, boring statements. And half of what Bob says goes over his head. He also has to stroke his ego at least a few times each broadcast. I could list things all day, but I will say he doesn't annoy me as much as he used to. I guess I'm used to it now.

I actually did have a positive thought about Nique last night, though. Usually he'll criticize the other team for doing something and then ignore when the Hawks do the exact same thing right after. But he was talking about Charlotte's poor switches and then seamlessly transitioned to talking about Len switching onto Kemba. Baby steps...

Thank you. Nique literally says he things over and over. Anytime another teams player misses a three, "that's a bad shot." Anytime a Hawks player misses a three, "heat check." Hawks can be down 30 and he will criticize the other team and ignore the Hawks shortcomings. And Bob's having to remind the audience that Nique is a hall of famer and greatest Hawk of all time at least two or three times a broadcast. I get it, it is their job to be homers but my god, show some shred of objectivity. Steve Holman is a Homer, but you know what? He does a darn job calling the games and tells like it is when he needs to. Nique has that job because of pure nepotism, period. He is atrocious. Find another former Hawk to do this job, please.

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thank you. Nique literally says he things over and over. Anytime another teams player misses a three, "that's a bad shot." Anytime a Hawks player misses a three, "heat check." Hawks can be down 30 and he will criticize the other team and ignore the Hawks shortcomings. And Bob's having to remind the audience that Nique is a hall of famer and greatest Hawk of all time at least two or three times a broadcast. I get it, it is their job to be homers but my god, show some shred of objectivity. Steve Holman is a Homer, but you know what? He does a darn job calling the games and tells like it is when he needs to. Nique has that job because of pure nepotism, period. He is atrocious. Find another former Hawk to do this job, please.

Nique is staying. He’s immortal in Atlanta!

• Like 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Yeah, I'm (not) sorry @bleachkit you're just gonna have to get over Nique being there.  He ain't leavin' until he wants.

I just hope this doesn't lose me my job as special consultant to the destruction of spud2's avatar.

? I already know my avatar is gonna include something from the Far East. I’m screwed!

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? I already know my avatar is gonna include something from the Far East. I’m screwed!

It's up to your boy, bleach.  This is why I don't bet.  Haha

Just now, bleachkit said:

I'm trying to figure out how to time the radio broadcast to the television.

Now I will say that I do prefer the Holman and his mean old-man style.  I think you basically have to DVR the tv broadcast to sync them up time-wise.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's up to your boy, bleach.  This is why I don't bet.  Haha

Now I will say that I do prefer the Holman and his mean old-man style.  I think you basically have to DVR the tv broadcast to sync them up time-wise.

How do I do that if the radio is about 5 to 10 seconds ahead of the television broadcast?

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

How do I do that if the radio is about 5 to 10 seconds ahead of the television broadcast?

If you listen through satellite radio, the radio broadcast is behind TV.

Good point though on the terrestrial broadcast being ahead so that obviously doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

At this point I’ll take the kitty ? cat avatar gladly....

Maybe if you switch to that as a preemptive strike, he'll have mercy on you?

I wouldn't.  Maybe bleachk is a kind soul.