• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF Dominique??

Wurider05

Nique is a hall of fame Hawk.  Not many can say that.  He's not a hall of fame broadcaster.  But, he's ours.  Like it or not, he's like country music, here to stay!

Bob does a lot of Atlanta broadcasts.  He is an Atlanta fan and it shows.  Nique is a Hawk fan.  He says things, spur of the moment, without thinking.  If given time to think, he is good.  But, getting caught up in the moment, he sometimes errs.  Most of us do this,  We're not on camera, so no one pays that much attention.

I've said for a long time, and I repeat, I wish, when Nique has to be missing, they would get the Dream's sidekick, LaChina.  She's good and I believe the fans would enjoy the change of pace. 

:air_kiss:

• Like 2

Worst part of Ferry biting the bullet was Nique’s job security.  Now with the sophisticated offense gone and poor viewership it doesn’t really matter.  I’ll never forget some opposing fans actually noting how bad Nique was on SBNation after being forced to watch their team through the FSS feed.  These were millenials who had a hard time reconciling what they knew of the player to how he sounded.  I’ve learned to tune him out for the most part, my issue is with the FSS suits.  I don’t think they listen to the broadcasts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

:Nique: "AGIN, [random point that he hasn't made before]."

Sip!

Still, barring any other choices, I'll take this Parisian-American over the Atlanta-born Mr. Posting and Toasting seven days out of eight!

~lw3

Based on this I feel a masterpiece coming for the game thread! I have a feeling Tim sr. might be mentioned due to jr. treating us how he treated the Rockets ? I’m in Houston a couple years back. ? 

Ok, whoever has Timmy, please just make him drive...I’m not saying he can’t I’m just saying he won’t more than twice and he will go back to bad shot selection. STAY THE COURSE MAN!

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Heh, the Lin-ites in the dark world would be all upset with you.

? and jaamal cuz let’s face it..he hates me 

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Thank you!!!! You protect a legend is Nique over some Palo Alto scrub from [Over the Line! Let's do better fellas! ~lw3].

My bad my toes stepped over...my foot..mouth.

I like "the stinger" personally a bit more than Nique. 

I wouldn't replace Nique by any means.  Just saying.   Nique's like that old uncle that will say anything at the family reunions, you cringe at some of the things he says, but because he fam, you just ignore.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Azodl said:

But my favorite basketball player of all time and the reason I even became a fan of basketball at the age of 10 years. So, HE STAYS.

Exactly, it’s as if I typed your entire post. Right down to the 10 years old part.

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

I wouldn't replace Nique by any means.  Just saying.   Nique's like that old uncle that will say anything at the family reunions, you cringe at some of the things he says, but because he fam, you just ignore.

I actually do prefer Nique to Glenn when it comes to calling the games. Stinger's laugh makes me uncomfortable. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, marco102 said:

I love Nique, I hear he is a genuinely good person, but he does wear on me every season. By the ASB I'll be ready to choke him for repeating "that's a bad shot there" or "that was a heat check."

Also, when Stinger fills in it's so refreshing because he is so intelligent and articulate, and I actually walk away from each segment feeling like he imparted knowledge to me. I rarely hear Nique reference statistics or anything other than just a bare surface level discussion of how the play was drawn up and supposed to work. Stinger will drop some knowledge bombs regularly, making me go "damn, I didn't see that."

Love Nique but I'd go Stinger all day. Dude is solid. Even with his sometimes gross patchy moist head situation. Much love for that guy.

• Like 4