• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF Dominique??

Wurider05

Did anyone catch the comment that Nique made about Lin. He said that it was always a dream of Lin's to come over to America and play in the NBA and that he was a good international player. Jeez, Lin is an american who was born in California. WTF was Nique talking about??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Did anyone catch the comment that Nique made about Lin. He said that it was always a dream of Lin's to come over to America and play in the NBA and that he was a good international player. Jeez, Lin is an american who was born in California. WTF was Nique talking about??

Are you sure? Maybe he meant Len and not Lin.

Nique is a former Hawk and a hall of fame member.  That, and the fact that he owns a couple of shares of Hawk stock keeps him where he is.

My favorite Atlanta color sidekick works with Bob on the Atlanta Dream TV.  She is smart about what is going on, makes wise comments and is pretty on top of all this.  Lachina (spelling) should be the fill in when Nique has to be out.

:air_kiss:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I love Nique but it is a little hard to ignore the implicit race tone of that comment.

• Like 1

The man possibly makes one mistake, and fans blasts him for it.  I've seen our very fans mix up Lin and Len.   Len WAS born outside of the US and DID play overseas professionally, before going to Maryland.

As far as Nique saying things over again, it's called "cliches".  Almost every announcer has some.  Do people blast Mike Breem for saying BANG after someone makes a big 3 pointer?  How about Mark Jackson for his "hand down, man down"?  For you guys who have League Pass, please listen to some of the opposing teams broadcasts, and compare them to the Hawks.

If people actually listened to Dominique in the broadcast, you'd find that his insight is dead on the money at least 90% of the time.

So if he mixed up Jeremy LIN and Alex LEN for one instance, he gets a pass from me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The man possibly makes one mistake, and fans blasts him for it.  I've seen our very fans mix up Lin and Len.   Len WAS born outside of the US and DID play overseas professionally, before going to Maryland.

As far as Nique saying things over again, it's called "cliches".  Almost every announcer has some.  Do people blast Mike Breem for saying BANG after someone makes a big 3 pointer?  How about Mark Jackson for his "hand down, man down"?  For you guys who have League Pass, please listen to some of the opposing teams broadcasts, and compare them to the Hawks.

If people actually listened to Dominique in the broadcast, you'd find that his insight is dead on the money at least 90% of the time.

So if he mixed up Jeremy LIN and Alex LEN for one instance, he gets a pass from me.

He did not mix them up, he was talking about Jeremy Lin, based on the context of the conversation. Nique just assumed he was an international player because he is Asian. And other broadcasters are not as bad as Nique. He is absolutely terrible. Sorry but I dearly wish they would replace him. He is unlistenable.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dude...come on. He was clearly talking about Jeremy Lin.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He did not mix them up, he was talking about Jeremy Lin, based on the context of the conversation. Nique just assumed he was an international player because he is Asian. And other broadcasters are not as bad as Nique. He is absolutely terrible. Sorry but I dearly wish they would replace him. He is unlistenable.

GTFO if you don’t like listening then mute ur damn tv ? Nique is the man. Lin’s a$$ getting traded so pretty soon nobody will care if he came from Hangzhou or Palo Alto ok. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm with you on destroying spud's avatar but I'm telling you 'Nique is by far not the worst guy doing broadcasts in the NBA.

Check out the Pacers' guy, "Slick" Leonard.  I'll feel bad if he's had a stroke or something, but dude sounds like he's had a few too many and is a raging homer on top of that.

Cleveland's guy is horrible, sounds like he's about 83 years-old an senile.

HOU's complete broadcast is a total joke.

Tommy Heinsohn.  Need I say more?

Nique isn't great but, dang it, he's our guy.  I'd take him any day over some cookie-cutter analyst expertly breaking down some out-of-bounds play in his cheesy announcer voice.

"Well Bob, Bazemore fakes the pass but he's gotta do blah, bleh, bluh ...."  Snooze-fest.

I should say, though, that I view announcers like I view referees.  The more I don't notice them, the better.

At least Nique makes me laugh or shake my head.  That's eons more entertaining than another cheesy announcer-voice guy.

:Nique: "Thanx, kaygee."

You're welcome, Niq .. hey, were you standing there the whole time?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I love Nique but it is a little hard to ignore the implicit race tone of that comment.

Oh god who cares about "race tone", I'm so sick of all this PC bs. It was a stupid comment, and shows he doesn't know anything about Lin... which is odd but not racist.  I miss the days when this nonsense wasn't an issue.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Those aren't cliches, they're catch phrases. And Nique's problem isn't either one of those. He just repeats normal, boring statements. And half of what Bob says goes over his head. He also has to stroke his ego at least a few times each broadcast. I could list things all day, but I will say he doesn't annoy me as much as he used to. I guess I'm used to it now.

I actually did have a positive thought about Nique last night, though. Usually he'll criticize the other team for doing something and then ignore when the Hawks do the exact same thing right after. But he was talking about Charlotte's poor switches and then seamlessly transitioned to talking about Len switching onto Kemba. Baby steps...

46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thanks for your idiotic post. Youre giving me some creative avatar ideas.

Hey I’m not the guy who says the Mavs pick won’t transfer but won’t make a bet that it’s not a top 8.

Dont spout off things that you don’t believe. Is it top 5 or top 8 make up ur mind.

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Oh god who cares about "race tone", I'm so sick of all this PC bs. It was a stupid comment, and shows he doesn't know anything about Lin... which is odd but not racist.  I miss the days when this nonsense wasn't an issue.

Thank you!!!! You protect a legend is Nique over some Palo Alto scrub from [Over the Line! Let's do better fellas! ~lw3].

• Like 1